Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-20, 02:38 PM  
cherimac

Tuesday: PBL Spring into Summer Toned Legs
PBL Toned in Ten Full Body

Today:
PBL Spring into Summer Arms with Weights
PBL Side Cincher

I have been having ongoing trouble with my car battery, but my handy neighbor mechanic thinks it's resolved. Yay! I'm off to work then have three days off before I have a long week next week.
Old 09-30-20, 05:03 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol yikes! That is quite the spike in confirmed tests..will they respond by shutting things down?

Donna I don't think you should shy away from Jessica's WS3 set..just make her rotation your own and modify it so that it works for you! I wonder why they don't leave the lives up in CS streaming..seems like subscribers would consider that an added value.

Dana I have no idea what Hamelin workouts are like. I will have to look that up. You should try the Brazil Butt lift workouts sometime... especially High and Tight. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Cheri what a great neighbor! Enjoy your days off later this week!

Today was Taebo Total Advanced 3. Such a goodie! Nice floorwork for the legs and pushups on your knees at varying tempos. Will do some pilates later.

Have a great evening everyone!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 06:25 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've been running errands all day- including dropping off my car for a routine service. I really hate how you tell them you only need oil & filter change and they text you with a list of things that MUST BE DONE IMMEDIATELY or "bad things MAY happen". I told them to just do oil & filter and I'll review the list and will get back to them. Their "must-do" list is to the tune of $1000.00. Most of the things on that list is fluff and only "recommended" maintenance for a car with my mileage. I have a 12-year-old RAV4 and I've been maintaining it through the years - but within reason and as needed. I truly hate it when they do that because even though my car runs perfectly - they've now planted a seed in my head that something may go wrong.

Linda, I got the "Inch Loss Rebounding" workout from HDM. It's 50 minutes long and the music is great. There is a preview on his website. I want to do more rebounding.https://www.hamelindabellmethod.com/webshop/ I love his CardioTone G and CardioTone 2 workouts. Neither one is available on their website anymore. I'll try BBL High and Tight this weekend. It will be a brand new workout for me.
Old 09-30-20, 08:18 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana great I'm glad to hear it! I looked at some of his stuff on youtube..appears to be barre work, right?

And they always try to make DD worried about her tires and brakes when she takes her car in for an oil change. It's so annoying!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 09-30-20, 08:49 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Dana great I'm glad to hear it! I looked at some of his stuff on youtube..appears to be barre work, right?

And they always try to make DD worried about her tires and brakes when she takes her car in for an oil change. It's so annoying!
No, they are not all barre. I don't look to him for barre but I like his cardiotones because of the music and the light handweights he uses. My favorites are CardioTone G and other cardiotones which are not available on youtube or his website anymore. I just previewed the new rebounding workout which I've just purchased and it is awesome! So happy I got it!
Old 10-01-20, 06:04 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday's workouts were

GHUTV - Beginner Gold Live Fat Burning Circuits 2 - 30 minutes; Walk - 30 minutes

The circuit workout was recorded live, I think, and was led by Kate. Honestly, she didn't do a very good job leading - hopefully she just had an off day. The workout was 3 circuits composed of 3 strength moves each done for 50 seconds (an eternity!) followed by 50 seconds of a cardio move. Each circuit was repeated twice. This workout was all standing, except for one move that could be done either standing or on the mat. This workout repeats later in the calendar and I think I will sub something out for it - Fat Burning Circuits 1, maybe.

Dana - I hate it when they remove workouts from a site. I bought some of the earlier HDMs back when VF was gaga over HDM. The ones I bought had poor sound and production values, so I gave up on them. I have an 8 year old RAV4 and love it.

Linda - No, I don't think they will shut us down, at least not for that. Oddly enough, they said almost all of the 1,000+ inmates who tested positive were asymptomatic. All long as our hospitalization rate doesn't exceed 15%, they won't shut anything down, and even if it goes over that, I only think they would shut us back down to 50% of capacity for restaurants, retail, etc. (except for bars, which are still closed). I am just hoping that the Governor doesn't lift his mask order - if he does, we will get massive pushback from parents on required mask-wearing at school. We already get pushback from parents who think the whole thing is overblown. They don't understand that we are just trying to stay open and not have to send big groups of kids home to quarantine for 2 weeks at a time. We also have liability exposure risks to manage.

Cheri - Nice job with PBL - enjoy your 3 days off! Lisa's stretches are the best!

Donna - I'm like Linda - I wonder why they don't leave them up forever? The Foundations calendar only has 3 chair workouts on it - one of them looks to have a modifier that stands the entire time. The strength workout that I did could mostly be done standing, I think. The calendar is a pretty wide variety of things - lots of different walking videos, strength videos, a barre video, standing core, etc.

Waves to all ~ happy October 1st!

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 08:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The nice sunny fall weather has inspired me! Yesterday afternoon I did:

15 Min Standing Cardio Strength, with Jessica Smith (You Tube) and yesterday evening I walked my doggie.

This morning, I did:

Jessica Smith: 20 Min Fat Burning Cardio
Jessica Valent: Full Body Opening Routine

So much for sticking with Trifecta Pilates, LOL! I have decided to just go with the flow and continue to mix things up. I think the instructors I will workout with this month are Jessica V., Jessica S, Beth (Trifecta), Ellen and maybe the Fabulous 50's lady - she has a new 7 day challenge coming out on Monday that I could mix and match w/ Pilates...

https://fabulous50s.co/challenges/

I haven't worked out w/ her before but she seems to be nice and use good music..so we shall see.

Carol - thanks for the notes on that calendar!! It does look good - but not so great about the poor cuing! Here in our blue state everyone is pretty good about masks - it really is and continues to be a shame - that this is so politicized. I mean, why not err on the side of caution - as a parent I would feel more comfortable with the mask requirement in school - I totally understand that there should be exceptions if you have a breathing issue that would be negatively affected by wearing a mask and all that - but I would think those exceptions would be few and far between. My dad has heart and lung problems and he hasn't been advised not to wear a mask. I just wonder if our country will ever get over this polarization?

Dana and Linda - I hear you on the car thing! We have taken over my mom's car which is a 2008 Toyota Corolla - the headlight lenses need replacing and my DH doesn't want to be bothered, so we're bringing it in - how much do you want to bet they find $1,000 worth of work to do? That seems to be the magic number. My DD has been driving the car so I want the headlights to be better, but I also don't want to spend a fortune on the car. I have a 2008 Subaru Forester that is still chugging along - it has a few glitches here and there but it still goes....

Waves, Cheri, Brenda, and Christine!

Hope everyone is doing well - Happy Friday Eve!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 01:52 PM  
cherimac

PBL Spring into Summer Lean Lower Body
PBL Spring into Summer Powerhouse Workout

Donna~you're a mood exerciser like I'm a mood reader. I love a workout plan I can stick with, but with reading, I don't make a monthly list, etc. I read whatever catches me that day.

Yes, my neighbor is a gem. Truly.
Old 10-01-20, 05:01 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna corollas are good cars! Had one myself once! RAV4s are also great autos. Real happy with every Toyota purchase we've ever made. Can't say the same for other makes.

Dana that makes sense that I couldn't find anything like you were mentioning on Hamelin. Good you got them while you could.

Carol I have been on parent boards and it's always the same...they have really hard time not being myopic in their perspective ..but I always went into it expecting that since they have to be their own children's best advocate. No way for it not to conflict with others. That's why you need other folks around to shepherd, lol. I'm sure you're a voice of reason...good for you.

Today I added CS #619 5 min warmup to S90 Total body. Then followed it up with CS Aging Backwards Zero impact cardio the last 32 min which is mostly leg toning and stretching. I actually did the full body workout by accident..must have been distracted when I put it in the player last night because I meant to do back and biceps. But once I started this one I just rolled with it. Literally this is my new favorite short full body workout. It was over so quick to me I couldn't believe it. Obviously you can't really hit everything in 35 min but I felt well worked out. The CS leg toning was ALSO an accident..haha I thought it was supposed to be cardio..but it was just a lot of leg toning (which never hurts). Oh Miranda. Anywho, next time I will know to do only the first half if I want cardio, lol.

Have a great evening and well wishes to Cheri, Christine, and Brenda!!

Old 10-02-20, 06:01 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

October checkin. http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...56#post2892156