Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-27-19, 01:58 PM  
rhbrand

Les Mills On Demand Buy 12 mo,pay for 8

I see Les Mills has a thing going on that if you pay for a year of on demand services, you get 12 months for the price of 8 months.

Just thought if anyone (like myself) has seriously considered signing up for Les Mills this might be a good deal to try.
Old 12-27-19, 02:02 PM  
Malinda

Darn it, I signed up for the "12 months for the price of 9" deal right after Thanksgiving!

No matter, though - I would be happy if I had paid full price. I am LOVING it!
Old 12-27-19, 03:31 PM  
winnie_p
VF Supporter

I saw this ad on Facebook and their website, but it was somewhat unclear how the special worked. $119 seems like the normal annual price, and I couldn't tell anywhere that it would be less than that.

How did the 9 month deal work, Malinda?

Has anyone jumped on this current offer, and if so, how much was the total?
winnie_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-19, 03:50 PM  
Malinda

winnie_p, I payed $134 (and some change, maybe?) for the entire year, which was just under $12.00 a month. I don't remember what the regular, non-discounted monthly cost was with a year subscription; I could figure it out, but that would involve math.

A 14-day trial was included, but I knew after a couple of days that it was going to be worth every penny.
Old 12-27-19, 05:36 PM  
wendug

I was waiting to see what kind of deal les mills would run for the new year. How long is this deal good for?
Old 12-27-19, 05:48 PM  
IceQueen07

I can't decided between Les Mills and Peloton streaming. Can only get one. Have previously tried both and they both have something to offer. Any opinions?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-19, 11:15 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie_p View Post
I saw this ad on Facebook and their website, but it was somewhat unclear how the special worked. $119 seems like the normal annual price, and I couldn't tell anywhere that it would be less than that.

How did the 9 month deal work, Malinda?

Has anyone jumped on this current offer, and if so, how much was the total?
I logged in (I canceled last year but still have an account) and it’s $14.99 per month or $119 for 12 months. It says the deal is valid until 1/31/20. I have to think about it a while longer and figure out if I’d use it enough to justify the cost.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 12:03 AM  
rhbrand

I think I'm going to sign up. I'm trying to get back to thinking fitness is super fun, and this sounds like I could have fun.

I'm gonna wait until Jan 1 to do it, that way I'll have a full year to try it out.
Old 01-24-20, 08:58 PM  
rhbrand

I wavered back and forth for quite a while, but took the plunge today.

This is still going on in case someone wants to get in on the deal
Old 01-25-20, 07:57 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I can't decided between Les Mills and Peloton streaming. Can only get one. Have previously tried both and they both have something to offer. Any opinions?
I’ve had both, so maybe can help. Peloton is great if you use your spin bike and/or treadmill frequently. They also have a very nice collection of yoga, and I really like their meditation classes with Ross Rayburn. On top of that they have outdoor running and walking audio classes, short stretching segments, and boot camp classes that combine the treadmill and weights. Finally, they have great strength add-ons. Some are short upper or lower body workouts (15-20 minutes) and others are around 30 minutes, both bodyweight and weights. Then there are two programs. One is a marathon prep strength program and it’s great. I am not a marathon runner, but these are 30 minute workouts that are functional strength in a circuit fashion. They recently released a series with Andy Speer that is more of a muscle and strength building series. I don’t think you can beat the price, content, filming quality, and excellent music that Peloton has. Finally, if you’re into it, the Peloton instructors are super active on IG which can be motivating. Another great feature on the app is that when you take a class, even an older one, you can see icons of other people taking the class. Members rate the classes and there are easy-to-use search functions for instructors, length, and music genre. I use my old Johnny G spin bike, but am very tempted to get a bike next November when they have their Black Friday specials. For the record, I’ve had the Peloton app for over 2 years.

Les Mills also gives you tons of options. Traditional Les Mills Pump workout, yoga, spin, a great core class, kickboxing, their version of barre which is more traditional ballet, and Grit which is their take on Crossfit-type workouts. The music is good, but it’s cover tunes and almost all of the classes are the classes they film for the instructors, so there are big crowds in the forefront of screen. I found that while I love the traditional Les Mills pump workout, it irritates my rotator cuff, and the other workouts are a little too intense for me. It’s unfortunate because I love seeing all of the international presenters and the music is pretty good. However, I’ve tried LM twice and didn’t stick with it for more than a month.

Hope that helps! Let us know what you decide.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
les mills on demand, peloton