Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 06-30-19, 10:22 PM  
Libby

Looking for insulated glass

Can you recommend a good insulated thermos/glass that will keep my water cold all day long? Possibly one that doesn't leak. thanks!
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-19, 11:39 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but my mom and I both use these 20oz Camelbake chute insulated stainless steel water bottles. (We have different colors so we can tell each other's apart.)

https://www.amazon.com/CamelBak-5386...dp/B015DKY552/

This is the NON-MAGNET CAP model, which I prefer.

They do not leak and keep my ice water cold all day and preserve any ice in them for most of the day if indoors, if outdoors on a hot day, the ice dwindles but the water stays cold. Sometimes I get questions because people hear the ice clinking around the water bottle in my big purse while I'm out running errands and they wonder what the noise is.

BTW, only the top (plastic lid) portion of the bottle is dishwasher safe.

I also have the larger 40oz size but it's a bit unwieldly at times and doesn't fit into any car cupholders. But on a long car/day trip I fill up both the 20oz and 40oz and when the 20oz runs out, I refill it from the 40oz.

I also have the 12oz size for when I want to mix up a small amount of crystal light, etc. However, they only had the new magnet lid model with the 12oz size when I was purchasing. I'm less of a fan of the magnetized cap model. It takes more twists to close the cap fully IMO.

My mom finally got a 12oz one for herself because her chiropractor has free coffee in the waiting area and she would rather take it home in a spill-proof and insulated water bottle vs. a paper cup sitting in her car's cup holder.

Note: You have to clean the stainless steel bottle really well after keeping coffee in it and sometimes have to run the plastic lid through the dishwasher to get the coffee scent/taste out if you plan to drink a non-coffee drink in it afterwards.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-19, 10:32 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Stainless steel, not glass, but I love my kleen kanteen. Water stays cold all day to overnight even and it tastes great!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-19, 10:46 AM  
Vantreesta

https://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Insul.../dp/B003U583YW

I've been using this Thermos bottle for years and still love it. I take it pretty much everywhere with me and have never had it leak. I don't use ice but even after leaving it for many hours in the car while we're out and about on hot days the water is still cold. It's also dishwasher safe. I have several different Yetis that I really like as well but they haven't replaced this bottle as my favorite.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 06:50 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Libby

I’m beginning to believe we can have one or the other but not both. That is glass and not insulated or stainless steel insulated. And I want a straw.

I hear that having a straw makes you drink more. Anyone believe this to be true, or is it. If, you’re going to drink it doesn’t matter?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 07:33 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I’m begging to believe we can have one or the other but not both. That is glass and not insulated or stainless steel insulated. And I want a straw.

I hear that having a straw makes you drink more. Anyone believe this to be true, or is it. If, you’re going to drink it doesn’t matter?
I don't know for sure, but I know for me I drink more without a straw -- it's pretty easy to gulp without a straw. I hate using straws. I always think of my lips being puckered like a smoker and the wrinkles I'm forming.
Old 09-22-19, 07:37 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I don’t like sipping a straw, unless it’s an ice cream soda.

I seem to want what hasn’t been made yet.

I’m so picky about the opening also. I want the cap to stay attached so I don’t have to look for it. 😍

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 03:36 PM  
marki64

Yeti. They are awesome. Pricey but worth the money.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water bottles