Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-10-20, 02:23 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Didn't Gin used to have a number of her older workouts free for Amazon Prime members? I just looked and only a few are now free.
Yes, she.did.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 06:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Didn't Gin used to have a number of her older workouts free for Amazon Prime members? I just looked and only a few are now free.
Yes, I noticed that happened sometime before Christmas.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 05:56 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
While perusing youtube, I found this workout she did last year. Looks interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sPaSdubxj8
Tried to look at this video and got this message:

Video unavailable
This video contains content from ginmillerproductions. It is not available in your country.

I'm not sure what country they're talking about but I'm in the US and I thought Gin Miller was too! LOL!

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 09:25 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I tried Gin Miller's 100 Rep workout today. Here's what I remember!

Time: 55 minutes
Format: DVD-R
Equipment: Angled step, three sets of weights (heavy, medium, light), slider, optional ankle weights, towel
No Chapter screen - Not chaptered and I couldn't fast forward through the DVD-R
No warmup or cooldown
Cute intro with Gin and her doggy

The set up for this workout was 100 reps of an exercise done in sets of 25 with variations. If it was a left/right movement there were (2) sets of 25 on each side. If the movement was unilateral, there were (4) sets of 25. Total rep count for the entire workout was 1000! So (10) exercises with 100 reps each. Lower body and upper body were alternated most of the time. I may have gotten the sequence of exercises out of order because I didn't write it down but it's what I remember, lol! She also used her "Kush" step at an angle but it was very do-able on the floor without the step. I used my "angled" risers and my club step. (I had to dust off my risers, it's been that long since I've used them!)

Squats on the angled step:
(1) set no weights
(3) sets with heavier weights (the last couple of sets are metabolic raising dumbbells above the head)

Push Ups on the floor (or with your knees on the angled step):
(1) set wider arms
(1) set close arms (tricep pushup)
(1) set alternating slow and fast tempo
(1) set fast tempo

Lunges with slider (with medium or heavy weights). She uses the angled step as a "marker" in that she aims the dumbbells toward the step and then the risers. Sorry, hard to explain!:
(25) left leg
(25) right leg
(25) left leg
(25) right leg

Pullover, chest flye w/glute raise, cross over on an angled step. Hard to explain but the last two sets are like a lying down iron cross:
(25) four pullovers then she goes into a chest flye with a glute raise
(25) four pullovers then chest flye with a glute raise ending with one leg glute raise
(25) four pullovers, anchor left arm and then raise dumbbell and leg to meet
(25) four pullovers, anchor right arm and then raise dumbbell and leg to meet

Push dips off the angled step. Cathe calls them this where you are in a split squat with your back leg on the step, lunge, lean forward. Gin doesn't use any weights but uses a towel to stretch the upper body (down, and then behind your back).
(25) right
(25) left
(25) right
(25) left

Back rows (she varies the angle, you start out traditional then she has you do this cross body side fly move):
(25) right
(25) left
(25) right
(25) left

Glute lifts, standing with optional leg weights. She has you lean over and support yourself on something that's slightly above waist level. Alternate lifting your legs out to the side and back.
(100) Varying tempo and holding counts (i.e. lift leg two times, lift leg three times, lift leg four times for each rep). My glutes were on FIRE, lol!

Biceps:
(25) Hammer curls
(25) Traditional curls
(25) On your knees, "w" curls
(25) On your knees traditional curls

Triceps dips and kickbacks (kickbacks had a variation):
(25) dips
(25) dips
(25) kickbacks
(25) kickbacks

Shoulders (not positive about the sequence of this one, kind of fuzzy) and I didn't write anything down!:
(25) over head press
(25) over head press
(25) side lateral
(25) bent over lateral

Thoughts: This workout had a lot of bent over exercises, if you have issues with your lower back you may want to modify. It's a nicely paced workout and Gin is always so pleasant and upbeat! I would do this one again and order her next workout.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 09:57 AM  
Pam

Thanks for the review Kathy G! I am going to order.
Old 02-11-20, 10:58 AM  
bergame
VF Supporter

Kathy G, Thank you so much for your detailed (and enabling - LOL) review. I agree with you about Gin's demeanor. Even if she is asking you to do hard stuff, the dread factor is mitigated by Gin's joyful approach.
bergame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 12:22 PM  
Mickey12

Thanks for the review. I really like Gin, but I'm going to pass on this one. I feel like the format of 100 reps per body part is too long and drawn out. I'm so glad she put a workout on DVD though.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 12:47 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

My girl Kathy!! Great review. I was already interested but you know me...Kathy G says it's good and I've got to try it!

Thanks for the review. I'm on the fence only because I have SO many untried videos still to go through.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 02:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kathy G
Do you think you could you use a stability ball instead of an angled step platform/bench?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 03:31 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Ugh, mine won't play! I didn't realize it was DVD-R and I can't get it to play. I'm so mad! Hoping hubby can figure it out or I will have to return to Amazon.

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100 rep challenge, gin miller, kushh