Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-22-17, 12:38 PM  
violingal3

Anyone bite on this one yet? Just curious to hear some reviews before I order!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-17, 02:58 PM  
michl43

I did this DVD only once. I liked it ok but don't care for the white background.
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 12:12 AM  
violingal3

I did this DVD tonight and I just loved it!!!! So there really isn't anything new here, the moves are pretty basic and I can imagine doing most all of the toning exercises on the floor with a barre or chair if you don't have the Jumpsport bar (aside from the pull-ups). Being on the trampoline just adds a little stability challenge and she jumps it out between exercises (despite the simple moves, my muscles were burning like crazy and the bouncing felt sooooo good). So why did I love it? It's so hard to get myself to do barre workouts and this was just so fun and refreshing! I just remember her from the old Lotte Berk workouts, but Suzanne was pleasant and natural, I felt like I had been working out with her for a long time. My only gripe is I'll have to be taking the bar on and off my trampoline to store it as I never use the bar when I normally jump. I'm half tempted to use my fluidity bar for the pull-ups and have a high backed stool for support if needed for some of the toning exercises so I don't have to fiddle with the bar. I'll have to give it a whirl modifying, but for me this one was fun!!!
Old 01-30-17, 03:14 PM  
Lmg

I just purchased the Jumpsport 350i from Costco. I have never rebounded before. I typically avoid high impact cardio and prefer pilates/barre workouts. And here enters the Suzanne Bowen Bounce DVD! Had to have it. The rebounder and dvd were delivered today. Easy assembly. Loved the feel of the rebounder. Glad I went for the bungee and not the spring...Anyway I absolutely adore this dvd. Question is...Is there anything else out there like it.
Lmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-17, 06:48 PM  
smokybubbles

OK this may be a really dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway! Do I really need the rebounder to do this workout? I don't have one because my ceiling is too low, but I love Suzanne's workouts. I was thinking I could do cardio of my choice, jumping jacks, jogging, high knees when she does the bounce cardio parts. I would love a barre with cardio workout.Thanks!
Kathleen
smokybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-17, 10:01 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokybubbles View Post
OK this may be a really dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway! Do I really need the rebounder to do this workout? I don't have one because my ceiling is too low, but I love Suzanne's workouts. I was thinking I could do cardio of my choice, jumping jacks, jogging, high knees when she does the bounce cardio parts. I would love a barre with cardio workout.Thanks!
Kathleen
I guess you could, the only segment you'd miss out on would be the cardio bounce. But then you probably have a barre workout that's very similar in toning exercises already, so I don't know if this is a must have unless you just like Suzanne. FWIW, I didn't necessarily get a cardio workout out from utilizing the trampoline between exercises (those bounce segments are fairly short) and the last thing I'd want to do is some high impact cardio move after the toning exercises... I just think the light bounce on the trampoline between toning exercises feels divine after getting those muscles to burn out and that's what makes this workout unique.
Old 01-31-17, 07:27 AM  
smokybubbles

Thank you for the quick reply Violingal3! If the cardio breaks are short, I could march, walk in place, high knees or whatever feels good. It's hard for me to resist a new barre workout!
Kathleen
smokybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 10:02 AM  
IceQueen07

Is the DVD worth getting a rebounder for? I love SB's workouts and it seems that all the new ones are moving towards this. Looks like fun, but do I really want to invest in another piece of equipment?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 08:44 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have this dvd, and subscribe to her streaming site. On one of her streaming workouts with the rebounder, she has her friend Jess on the rebounder, while she uses a step (for cardio), and uses a barre for the barre moves. So, you can do this dvd without a rebounder. She just does simple up and down moves on the step, while Jess bounces on the rebounder.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 09:15 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Is the DVD worth getting a rebounder for? I love SB's workouts and it seems that all the new ones are moving towards this. Looks like fun, but do I really want to invest in another piece of equipment?
I wouldn't go out and buy a potentially very expensive piece of equipment for this DVD! It's fun and I enjoy the jumping element, but it's not the magic workout to get the body of your dreams that you're missing out on.

Tags
barreamped, barreamped bounce, jumpsport, jumpsport bungee workouts, suzanne bowen