Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-12-16, 05:36 PM  
Lorelai

Ballet Beautiful Baby/ Pregnancy - Thoughts, Reviews?

I can't seem to find much info or reviews here on Mary Helen's Ballet Baby Fit & Graceful or Elegant & Energized beyond a bit of initial buzz when they first came out. Anyone care to share their thoughts? I'm not currently pregnant, but I'm wondering if these are a little less challenging than her regular offerings, or if she offers any good modifications, pregnancy or otherwise? TIA!

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-16, 02:51 PM  
Lorelai

Bump (hehehe)... anyone?

Old 02-14-16, 03:00 PM  
lorajc

I love them!! I am injured though and so I like the more intermediate stuff. I find them just right for my level. I'm not sure if you want an opinion from someone like me. Also, I am 56. However, you could surely make them harder....if you are an advanced exerciser...I'm sure you could figure it out. Also, as long as a pregnant woman exercising doesn't bother you...but you wouldn't have asked if it would have! It is my most used series of hers. Oh...and I have zero children, am post menopausal and have lots of weight to lose.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-16, 03:09 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
I love them!! I am injured though and so I like the more intermediate stuff. I find them just right for my level. I'm not sure if you want an opinion from someone like me. Also, I am 56. However, you could surely make them harder....if you are an advanced exerciser...I'm sure you could figure it out. Also, as long as a pregnant woman exercising doesn't bother you...but you wouldn't have asked if it would have! It is my most used series of hers. Oh...and I have zero children, am post menopausal and have lots of weight to lose.
I want opinions from anyone! Also, I'm much more likely at this point to modify down than up... glad to hear that you love them! I'm likely to be pregnant again at some point, so I'm not bothered by that, and I figure owning at least one designated prenatal set wouldn't be a bad idea...

Old 02-14-16, 11:10 PM  
JENILU

I love them. Her originals were a little too challenging for me, but i love these. I've mostly done the floorwork, but they have been really relaxing, but you feel worked. (Not pregnant)
She may hold things a little differently because of pregnancy, but I don't remember specific modifications.If you are in really great shape on floorwork it may be too easy, but if not, its really nice.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-16, 12:40 AM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
I love them. Her originals were a little too challenging for me, but i love these. I've mostly done the floorwork, but they have been really relaxing, but you feel worked. (Not pregnant)
She may hold things a little differently because of pregnancy, but I don't remember specific modifications.If you are in really great shape on floorwork it may be too easy, but if not, its really nice.
I'm really not, so this sounds really good to me!

Tags
baby, ballet beautiful, mary helen bowers, modifications, pregnancy