Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-15, 12:05 PM  
TinaT

Suzanne Bowen Amped Workouts.

I've previewed all three at Mary's site and really like what I see. What are the big differences between them? What's the focus with each one? I automatically want to order all three, but do I need all 3?

TIA

ETA: How do these rank in difficulty? Compared to Booty Barre, P57, Barre Method, etc.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-15, 02:47 PM  
Fitstick

I don't have any useful comments on the workouts themselves, but if you are interested in ordering them Amazon has a promotion for $5 off if you buy 2 and $10 off if you buy 3. List price is $17.99 each and free shipping if you order 2.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-15, 02:58 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I don't have any useful comments on the workouts themselves, but if you are interested in ordering them Amazon has a promotion for $5 off if you buy 2 and $10 off if you buy 3. List price is $17.99 each and free shipping if you order 2.
Where do you see this promotion on Amazon?

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-15, 03:28 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
Where do you see this promotion on Amazon?
It's on the DVD page right under the cover illustration, labeled "Special Offers and Product Promotions". I tested it by putting all 3 DVDs in the cart and going to check out. A total of $15 was automatically deducted ($10 + $5). Final cost is $38.97 which comes to $13 a DVD.
Old 02-05-15, 06:40 PM  
Tugger31

I only have the Bootcamp one, but from reviews I've read I've come up with this generality...

BarreAmped (pink outfits) is all barre

Bootcamp is barre with some short cardio burts interspersed

Her newest Cardio Burn (or something similar, cant recall the exact name) is more cardio with a little barre thrown in.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-15, 08:00 PM  
nschultz

My favorite is the most recent cardio burn. I also think it's the hardest. Next I like the boot camp one, and my least favorite is the regular Barre Amped. The cardio burn and boot camp focus on cardio/tabata style intervals. The Barre Amped is classic barre, but slower pace.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-15, 08:29 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
It's on the DVD page right under the cover illustration, labeled "Special Offers and Product Promotions". I tested it by putting all 3 DVDs in the cart and going to check out. A total of $15 was automatically deducted ($10 + $5). Final cost is $38.97 which comes to $13 a DVD.
Thanks for the heads up on this! Great deal, as I didn't expect it would combine the offers. I've had these on my wishlist, but I think I'll just buy them at this price
Old 02-06-15, 12:32 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Thanks for this info!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 08:18 AM  
hotncmom

I have all 3 of these and I actually like them less than I thought I would. My favorite SB DVD is Tighten, Tone and Torch.

I think I'm just burned out on lower body barre. There are some Leah Sarago downloads that offer a bit more variety so I will do those from time to time, but the standard barre lower body sequence kind of bores me.

Also, I find that combining squat/lunge variations along with floorwork (and lots of walking) gives me the best results for lower body. Brazil Butt Lift is what I keep coming back to, although Leandro annoys me, so I try to find other workouts that have similar moves. I've been doing a lot of Jessica Smith youtube workouts for lower body these days.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 08:35 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I have all 3 of these and I actually like them less than I thought I would. My favorite SB DVD is Tighten, Tone and Torch.

I think I'm just burned out on lower body barre. There are some Leah Sarago downloads that offer a bit more variety so I will do those from time to time, but the standard barre lower body sequence kind of bores me.

Also, I find that combining squat/lunge variations along with floorwork (and lots of walking) gives me the best results for lower body. So Brazil Butt Lift is what I keep coming back to, although Leandro annoys me, so I try to find other workouts that have similar moves. I've been doing a lot of Jessica Smith youtube workouts for lower body these days.
My lower body twin .... I love Suzanne Bowen's TT&T workout but simply couldn't connect with the BarreAmped series. That disappointed me because I really enjoy Suzanne Bowen's style of teaching. Of the three BarreAmpeds, I liked Cardio the best but still ended up trading it and the others. Guess I'll have to check out Jessica Smith's lower body youtube workouts....
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amped, suzanne bowen