Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-14, 10:04 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowhatuluv View Post
Trying to decide between Katami 4x4 or 90X3. Which one do you recommend?
Personally, I'd wait until there are more reviews out about Katami's. It seems as though P90X3, in general, is getting fairly good reviews, but I'd wait so you can get more info on this one to decide.

I have P90X3 and I combine them with other workouts, use some as add-ons, and can build longer workouts by combining them in fun ways - I am happy with it.
Old 01-14-14, 10:15 PM  
Dowhatuluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Personally, I'd wait until there are more reviews out about Katami's. It seems as though P90X3, in general, is getting fairly good reviews, but I'd wait so you can get more info on this one to decide.

I have P90X3 and I combine them with other workouts, use some as add-ons, and can build longer workouts by combining them in fun ways - I am happy with it.
Thanks--A-Bot! Good advice! While I like the format of Katami 4x4, I am also attracted to the 30 minute aspect of 90X3 and I like a Beachbody systems. I won't be ready for new workouts until late Feb, so I definitely have time to wait for more reviews.
Dowhatuluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 10:24 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowhatuluv View Post
Thanks--A-Bot! Good advice! While I like the format of Katami 4x4, I am also attracted to the 30 minute aspect of 90X3 and I like a Beachbody systems. I won't be ready for new workouts until late Feb, so I definitely have time to wait for more reviews.
Yes, it's pretty good advice - I wish I could take my own advice sometimes .
Old 01-14-14, 10:44 PM  
Dowhatuluv

Quote:
Yes, it's pretty good advice - I wish I could take my own advice sometimes .
LOL! Your advice saved me from buying both systems! My advice to myself was to get both! (Betting I will end up with both at some point!!)! Thanks!!
Dowhatuluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-14, 12:42 PM  
momofcha

One of the extras of the set - the repair was awesome. I just finished it and I feel great. I'm on a barre kick these days and this was just what the Dr. ordered... I know it's not the reason to buy the kit, but I did rather enjoy this one.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-14, 12:47 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
One of the extras of the set - the repair was awesome. I just finished it and I feel great. I'm on a barre kick these days and this was just what the Dr. ordered... I know it's not the reason to buy the kit, but I did rather enjoy this one.
Was the repair you did with the rope or the foam roller? I will be doing one of the level 4 workouts tonight to see what I think of it. This morning was a Tonique marathon and I didn't want to tack a Katami on the end of that because that would have made my opinion a little off base.

Cheryl
Old 01-15-14, 12:52 PM  
momofcha

Sorry Cheryl - the foam rolling one. It was great.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-14, 08:17 PM  
momof10

I got an email from Katami 4x4 thanking me for my purchase and they stated they were sorry there was a mix up about the activation code, so they included my activation code to use the celebrity expert videos online. So that was good that they got right in that.

Well, tonight I tried the last DVD of the series, which was I am a Hero disc 2. I wanted to see how the last disc compared to his 4x4x2. I would say when following the advanced, it was tougher than that. I really liked it. It was definitely advanced for me. I am happy with the purchase. I can see how the first level will work up to the last level.

Here is the break down of the 4 quads this is the advanced version.

Quad 1

1 - burpee to push up to air Jack
2 - explosive jump lunges with weights, holding each lunge for 4 counts
3 - plank to hand stands
4 - ball planks to side planks (this was in his sequel workout)

Quad 2

1 - Circuit swims on belly to surf (also done in his sequel)
2 - sumo squats to lunges with weights
3 - kneeling curls to overhead press with weights
4 - one armed fly and then tri while in plank

Quad 3

1 - bounding run (harder than jump tucks)
2 - pendulum lunges while doing biceps going forward and lateral raises backward
3 - push ups walkaways - a push up then while still in plank extend your hands out and hold then go back to do another push up
4 - wipers for your abs with weights in hand going in the opposite direction

Quad 4

1 - tuck jump add ons starts with one and keeps adding one until you do a total of 8 tuck jumps making it 36 tuck jumps
2 - single arm burpee with weight in other hand to a row
3 - slide row in a semi dead lift position with weights
4 - bridges a crab position alternate tapping your foot with your legs totally extended

Cheryl
Old 01-15-14, 08:28 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Thanks so much for the breakdown Cheryl! May I ask, is choosing the advanced option (or any level) difficult nor not as enjoyable to work out to as his others? Meaning, is it weird where they isolate the camera on just that one person? Can you see Paul? I like breathless body showing all three options . . but it would be awesome to have the advanced leading. Im not sure if this question makes any sense.
Old 01-15-14, 08:37 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Thanks so much for the breakdown Cheryl! May I ask, is choosing the advanced option (or any level) difficult nor not as enjoyable to work out to as his others? Meaning, is it weird where they isolate the camera on just that one person? Can you see Paul? I like breathless body showing all three options . . but it would be awesome to have the advanced leading. Im not sure if this question makes any sense.
Ali - It does make sense. Actually, I pick the medium level and that shows everyone. It's just like Amy Dixon's breathless set up. Paul does the medium along with Sarah and then he has the lower moderator and then the advanced. You can see them all. The camera isn't focused just in the medium. I didn't find it odd at all, the angles of the camera, but I haven't watched the other options, either.

As you can see from the break down, this one was quite intense. The warm up was kind of blah, though. He did several of the moves that he would be doing in the actual workout, but it was only 4 minutes.

Cheryl

Tags
4x4 system, paul katami