Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-20, 07:48 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikruegs View Post
Tracy Anderson's Dance Aerobics. This was going easily for over $100 at some point, and now I'm not even sure one can find it on Ebay at all.

Nothing else comes to mind. I don't see dvds as a business venture, so I just get rid of (trade, give away) the ones I don't use over a certain period of time. A lot of workouts only increase in value because they're OOP; but many of those are OOP for a reason - they're not that great.
I picked up a new sealed copy of Tracy Anderson's rebounder workout for $3 at the thrift store last year. I don't own a rebounder and put it up on ebay for auction with the starting price of 8 bucks. It got a lot of bids and sold for $45. Woo-hoo!
Old 02-11-20, 08:13 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I picked up a new sealed copy of Tracy Anderson's rebounder workout for $3 at the thrift store last year. I don't own a rebounder and put it up on ebay for auction with the starting price of 8 bucks. It got a lot of bids and sold for $45. Woo-hoo!
Wow! I forgot I have it. I bought it years ago and tried it once and didn't like it. Maybe I should dig it up and give it a try again. If I remember correctly, I had some issues with their CS and was so mad that when I finally received it, I just couldn't get past that experience and enjoy the workout.
Old 02-11-20, 08:14 PM  
fanofladyvols

The original part of this thread cracked me up

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 08:29 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Wow! I forgot I have it. I bought it years ago and tried it once and didn't like it. Maybe I should dig it up and give it a try again. If I remember correctly, I had some issues with their CS and was so mad that when I finally received it, I just couldn't get past that experience and enjoy the workout.
Well if you don't like it you could sell it for quite a bit on ebay! I initially had it up for trade here at VF and no one was interested in it.
Old 02-11-20, 08:45 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Well if you don't like it you could sell it for quite a bit on ebay! I initially had it up for trade here at VF and no one was interested in it.
Thanks, Wendy!
Old 02-12-20, 08:41 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I am not sure how much they are going for now but I have the two DVDs of Classical stretch season 5, both acquired in VF trades. They are now out of print and going for quite a bit of money on ebay from what I hear. I don't do them that often but I don't think I will ever sell or trade them.

Leslie
Man, I stalk amazon for Classical stretch season 5 used copies all the time without success!!
Old 02-12-20, 09:14 AM  
Gams

Some of these prices must fluctuate a lot. I recently bought KS Power Step for very little.

I don’t know if it’s worth anything, but I have Ali MacGraw’s yoga DVD in the original package - never opened. I wanted it because it got rave reviews, but I wasn’t into yoga much.

I had a lot of Barbies and various dolls when I was little, but I never cut anyone’s hair. I wanted them to stay the way they were when I got them. I was also really, really into paper dolls when I was little.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 09:39 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
Man, I stalk amazon for Classical stretch season 5 used copies all the time without success!!
Season 5 episodes aren't that great. Sound issues and poor video. So so dated. Miranda's method has evolved so much. I'd save your money and spring for the streaming. The newer material being released is exceptional.

I talked to Miranda last summer at live teacher training. She laughed when I told her my favorite episode was from Season 7. She said "That's so old!".

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 10:39 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I was also really, really into paper dolls when I was little.
I know this is an old thread that was reopened and we are way way off track here but I was also obsessed with paper dolls as a child. I think I still have all of mine in a shoe box somewhere.
Old 02-12-20, 12:13 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Firm Cross-Trainers Cardio and Strength DVDs. (Well, Strength is still widely available, but Cardio sure ain't!)

I will NOT let them go again, and I will do the same with the first Tough Tape if I ever reacquire it...

...again.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oop, out of print workouts