Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-09, 01:22 PM  
Firm Hottie

Smile Hello!

I found you all via YaYas, and have been doing quite a bit of lurking, soaking in all of the great info you've got posted here. I've been tempted to post a few times, but figured that I really should introduce myself here first.

I like how Nadine did her intro, so I'll do the same:

* I recently turned 41, and am amazed that I still don't feel like a grown up yet.

* I've been married to my hubby for almost 2 years. He's the greatest husband in the entire world.

* I have a 10 year-old son from my previous marriage. He's a great kid, and only annoys me rarely ( ). He and my DH get along great, which I'm thankful for.

* I was heavy my entire adult life until I found low-carbing and the Firm in 2003. With those tools, I lost 70 pounds and 95 inches, going from a tight size 18 all the way down to a size 4!

* I kept the weight off until 2007, when I got married to DH and moved from Savannah, where I was living, to Atlanta, where DH lives. (We were in a long distance relationship for 2 years.) You all know what happened next, right? Yep, I started eating - and drinking - what DH did, and slacked off on the exercise. Needless to say, I've gained some weight, and I don't like it one bit!

* I'm back on track with low-carbing and CLX. I started both just last week, and am already feeling better both psyically and mentally. I wll lose this weight and be a Firm Hottie again by summer if it kills me!

I'm looking forward to learning yet more from you all and also to getting to know those of you that I don't already know from FYY and YYF.
Old 03-08-09, 02:13 PM  
westiemack

Welcome Laura! Congrats on getting back into workouts. I just wanted to let you know that there is a CLX check in, under the Challenges and Check Ins forum. Please come and join us there! And see you around VF!

Kathy
aka Westiemack

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 02:18 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Laura - You must be a fine person given your name. Welcome to VF! Thanks for introducing yourself.

Congrats on your weight loss. If you did it before, you can definitely do it again. I'd echo Nadine and suggest the check ins here at VF. They give added accountability and support, which are always great, but especially when you are trying to reach some goals. They are all open and all you have to do is to jump in and introduce yourself.

Whether you join a check in or not, I hope you find your place here at VF. It certainly sounds like you have lots of experience to share!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-09, 03:48 PM  
magmolmacmom

Introducing myself!

Hi! I'm Sherri and I live in Illinois, near Chicago. I've been doing home workouts since the early '90's when I bought a Step and found the Collage Catalog and Cathe Friedrich. I have a workout area set up in the basement filled with equipment and videos that I love. I'm almost 39 years old and have recently lost 40lbs. with about 15 mor lbs. to go. I also teach physical education to grades k-3. I like that I am a good role model for them and because of my workouts I can do everything I ask them to do and more. I've changed my classes to reflect more of a fitness curriculum now instead of a sports curriculum because I feel that our children are in serious trouble in terms of obesity, health and fitness. I want to change that so our children can have a brighter future. I also have three girls of my own ages 4, 9 and 10. I've enjoyed this site so far and I look forward to learning more!
magmolmacmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-09, 05:51 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome to VF, Sherri. It certainly sounds like you know a lot about video exercising. Feel free to plunge right in.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-23-09, 02:22 PM  
lindseylu8

Welcome Sherri! That is great that you are focusing on fitness in your PE class! I agree, we are in serious trouble here! Welcome, hope to see more of you around VF.
Lindsey

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 07:49 AM  
jtnebel

Hi all. I'm once again getting into the exercise scene and wanted to pop in and say hello. I joined the forum a couple of years back but wanted to become more active and committed to working out on a daily basis.

Yesterday was my first *real* workout in a long time, having jumped in there with The Firm's total body shaping mix followed by a half hour of power yoga for flexibility. I'm really feeling it today. *Ouch*

I've been struggling with motivation on many levels, aches, pains, headaches, nagging, pinching muscle tightness and finally resolved to start working on feeling better first, then trying to do more. After visiting the chiro 2x/week for nearly a month, not being able to tolerate deep tissue massage and the adjustments not holding from one visit to the next, the solution was obviously to work out or continue like this forever, which is not an option. <grin>

The current focus is on upper body strength and flexibility, lot of planks, down dogs, upper back and posterior shoulder moves, core, etc. I'm so sore today, I'm not sure where to go from here. I had planned on doing The Firm's upper body from the parts set and an abs yoga, but as surely as Murphy's law will come for a reminder it exists, those are the areas most sore from yesterday's workout. I'm also very tired (having done 2 hours of deep tissue massage on Fred Flinstone yesterday as well).

Hoping some more seasoned veterans can guide me as to what might be the best course of action. I don't want to *not* work out today. I love the way it makes me feel, and get sort of grumpy when I don't exercise. Maybe a nap followed by a nice long beginner's yoga with patricia walden? I also didn't sleep well last night due to the soreness, and got woken up twice by the rabbit hopping all over me for a snuggle.
jtnebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 09:39 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi - Glad you posted. I think it sounds like something restorative is on order for today. With you being sore, it would be good to take care of yourself. I can understand not wanting to forgo exercise today. I'm the same way. I'd just choose something that matches how you are feeling and that respects your body's condition.

Have you considered joining a check in here at VF? They are smaller groups that provide support and accountability on a regular basis. I know when I was getting started with regular exercise that I did something some days just so I wouldn't have nothing to report to my check in. It might work for you as well.

Good luck with your goals. I wish you well in getting started back, especially with all the physical issues you have had recently.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-07-09, 11:21 AM  
jtnebel

Thanks. I did nap, and now am feeling a lot better. Still sore though. I may just go ahead and push myself through The Firm parts upper body and Abs Yoga as planned for the day.

Does more exercise help clear up DOMS?

I'm needing my endorphin fix!!

I have definitely suffered through worse! All I have to do is go back to high school gymnastics conditioning with a coach who was a body builder. Oh Lordy, did that man have us hurting. You could tell who was a gymnast by how they were walking during those first two weeks. I'm being a wimp. This is virtually nothing compared to that training.

I must get past it an move on.
jtnebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 05:54 PM  
laperez25

Hello VF Friends!

My name is Laura but my nickname is Ivy! I've been around here since 2006 on and off. I never got the chance to come here and introduce myself. I'm 28 and have been married for 11 1/2 yrs and have 2 wonderful kids ages 2 (boy) and 8 (girl). I've been working out since I had my daughter, but have been super dedicated to it since 2005. I workout 6 days a week and love to have TONS of DVDs and have variety!

I also wanted to share that everyone here is just amazing and I love VF! I'm looking forward to being more active here and I'm glad to be here with such great fitness friends!

·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·
·´¨*·.¸¸ Ivy ¸¸.·*¨`·
·´`·.(¸.·´(¸.·* *·.¸)`·.¸).·´`·
laperez25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread