Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-18-18, 11:20 AM  
deineira

Kettle Jitsu Streaming

Hi,
I have been a recent convert to Joey Alvarado and Kettle Jitsu, and I love his workouts! So creative and super fun.
He just started an online streaming thing through Patreon - for a donation of $10 per month, he will post 1 new workout per week to the platform. There's only 1 workout there now, but there are a few shorter clips with tutorials, and he's posting another workout for the week today, I believe. It's definitely a new project and it's just getting up and running, so it's pretty sparse, but I did sign up and I'll follow up for a bit to see how it evolves. If you want to check it out, you can sign up here, https://www.patreon.com/kettlejitsu/posts.

You can also get discounts to his regular programs through this site. I just purchased the 8 week program and the quick previews looked really good. I'm still downloading it now, though.

The Patreon workouts are streaming only, as far as I can tell, but it looks like they're on YouTube.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-18, 08:13 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

I Just signed up today too, I love Joey and his style. How are you doing with the workouts?

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 07:14 AM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
I Just signed up today too, I love Joey and his style. How are you doing with the workouts?
Hi,
I enjoyed the workouts, but I just ended my subscription yesterday. I was expecting he would post full workouts to the site, but he seems to be having problems with that, so he's posting snippets that you have to rewind and repeat on your own to get the full circuit repeated as many times as he recommends. I don't have the patience for that. It's disappointing because he posted a full 1hour workout initially on YouTube as an advertisement for this, so it felt like a bait and switch to me a little bit, although I don't think there was any malice. I did try to talk to him about it, and he had all sorts of excuses about why he couldn't figure it out, but it was just ridiculous. I even did some googling to send him information on how he could fix the issues, play music and record at the same time, etc. He tried, but ultimately just couldn't seem to or cared enough to fix the issues, so for me, I didn't think I wanted to continue to subscribe as he's not committed to putting out a high quality experience for his Patrons. I have his 8 week program which is really well done, so I'll just work my way through that instead. I just subbed to Les Mills anyways, and so I'm going to focus my sweaty workout time on those for now, combined with Pilates. Music is really important to me, and Joey couldn't seem to figure out the music piece to my satisfaction. The last workout he put up is missing music in the first half due to YT issues. It's just one thing after another.

I really like him and his workouts are fun and creative, but I need a higher quality experience.

Hopefully you're less fussy than I am! :-)

Eva
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-18, 12:04 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Yikes, this is not good.I didn't even have a chance to review whatever he has on the Patron site. Too bad, I like his too.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
joey alvarado, kettle jitsu revolution, kettlebell, streaming workouts