Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-16, 11:35 AM  
Lilypad

Ruah Release

Good Afternoon,
I did this workout yesterday for the first time and I just wanted to say that I loved this workout. I liked it because it was tough and soothing at the same time. It had some what of a cardio effect for me as well. I didn't get really sweaty but my heart rate did rise nicely. I did have some really mild doms in my chest area, my abs, hamstrings and believe it or not my biceps. I guess it was from that move that they do on their knees with the arms/wrist. When Leah said this move works your bi/tri's in my mind I was like no way does this butterfly type move is working my biceps...But I was wrong. LOL From previous post I read that you can use light hand weight if you wanted and of course I did.
Started out with 2lbs quickly went down to 1 lbs after about 5 minutes I had to drop those too!! The only thing that bothered me was my low back with all the chair pose squats,plié squats,and lunges. Hmmmm any advice there?
I really really enjoyed this workout. No equipment necessary and no shoes. In the intro Suzanne says to use the workouts 3-4x a week for optimal results along with some cardio. I feel like Release and Warrior have a little of yoga, Pilates, and barre. I also feel like it's very similar to EB Yogini. Can't wait to go home and do Warrior today.
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-16, 11:42 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I really like both the Ruahs! I agree they are a lovely combo of yoga, pilates, & barre. You have reminded me that I have not done them in a while and should pull them out.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-16, 11:45 AM  
hotncmom

Release is a favorite of mine too! I'm back to a rotation of mostly Ballet Body, but I often go back to Release and Warrior when I've lost strength and need to build back up, or when I just need a less-intense but still challenging Leah Sarago style workout. I love both Leah and Suzanne (Tighten, Tone and Torch is another go-to).

I've never thought about using weights for the knees portion. Isn't it hard to flex and extend the wrists while holding weights?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-16, 12:39 PM  
Lilypad

I only used weights for the standing portion of the workout. For the butterfly move I thought about it but quickly gave it up. The weights are only 1lb each. They are not that big. I suppose you could hold them between your palm and thumb or use weighted gloves/wrist weights.
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-16, 12:52 PM  
Kathleen Ann

I love both of these. I have them in my Ellen Barrett rotation because they feel the same as her workouts.
Old 06-21-16, 01:06 PM  
alisoncooks

I go through phases where I really like these...and then where I find them REALLY redundant. I personally like Warrior better than Release, probably because there's more floor work in Release and I find it really challenging.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ruah release, suzanne bowen