Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-14, 09:15 PM  
anitasmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
Anita, Debbie has a 30-min stretch workout, Cool It Off Express, that I think would not be too taxing for someone resuming an exercise program. Might be a good alternate day workout. Also, finishing your regular Slim in Six workout with Debbie's 15-min stretch routine might help your muscles recover faster. Best of luck!
I actually have this one but never tried it. I'll go look it up right now. Thanks!
anitasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 09:23 PM  
anitasmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
Anita -- welcome! VF is the best forum.

I did a Slim in 6 rotation many years ago. I got very strong but doing the 6 days a week was tough on my joints. I found it best to do Start It Up for 2-3 weeks before moving to Ramp It Up for 2-3 weeks, then Burn It Up. Nowadays, I would NOT do a straight rotation with SI6. I'd definitely mix it up. I would alternate with straight cardio or the Slim & 6 Pack / Slim & Limber. I also love doing Ellen Barrett workouts in between the more athletic/bootcamp type workouts.

That said, I used Start It Up followed by Slim & Limber for 3 weeks (6 days per week, 1 day rest) to get in shape for a ski vacation. It worked wonderfully. Don't rush into the more advanced workouts too quickly. Nothing wrong with taking things more slowly.

Kristiep, that is a good idea. I definitely need to take more time with the workouts until i get stronger and I'm ready to move on to the next one. And i now realize that stretching is a must. I have never finished a rotation before but I feel very motivated this time around. I hope to post my results after i complete it.
Old 04-05-14, 09:44 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

There are so many squats and lunges in these workouts, that you might find that your leg muscles may not be ready for vigorous cardio the following day.
Old 04-07-14, 08:45 PM  
anitasmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
There are so many squats and lunges in these workouts, that you might find that your leg muscles may not be ready for vigorous cardio the following day.
That's true. For now I think I'll stick to walking workouts for cardio. At least until I feel I can do more.

Tags
si6, slim in 6