Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-02-13, 03:57 PM  
baba

Talking Suspension Revolution TRX system or can you recommend a series?

Hs anyone done this DVD system for TRX or suspension systems
http://www.suspensionrevolution.com/version-2/

I have a suspension system from bwculture.com back when they sold one that looks like a padded ladder. I finally have space on the ceiling to mount it and now I am looking for a DVD series to use it.
I am just finishing Skogg's 12 week program and so I would plant myself as an intermediate to aspiring low-level advanced...I am more interested in strength than cardio
Thank you!
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-13, 05:17 PM  
kat_b

I bit. I've been wanting more work along suspension workouts and the timing was right since I just moved mine to where it's more easy to use in my home gym.

After the initial purchase I got two "never to be offered this low again" offers. Bah. Hate that. passed on all of those. Am downloading materials now. I'll post an opinion once I try them out (I'll probably get to that on Thurs.), but if it's carp it's def. going back under their 60 day guarantee.
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-13, 05:27 PM  
baba

Thanks! Please do let me know! Would love an intense suspension training system. I think I jut do better these days when I have a system versus a single DVD. Less thinking, lol!
Old 07-02-13, 05:42 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Thanks kat_b. I'm looking forward to your review.
Old 07-02-13, 06:07 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

I had used the TRX at the kickboxing gym I used to go to. I really want to purchase a system but don't know which one to get. Are the knockoff ones acceptable or should I only consider TRX?
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-13, 06:23 PM  
baba

The one I have is no longer made. But this one has gotten great reviews
http://www.amazon.com/WOSS-Military-...rds=trx+anchor
Old 07-03-13, 05:12 AM  
Sophb21

Not sure if you're set on the trx but Rip 60( http://www.rip60.com/ )is a program that also has the suspension system.

Jillian is featured in it as well. It's on my wish list but I haven't tried it yet.
Sophb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 09:26 AM  
baba

I have read that only a couple of the rip60 DVDs are challenging .....
Old 07-03-13, 09:44 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba View Post
I have read that only a couple of the rip60 DVDs are challenging .....
I would say about half of them are challenging enough (not really tough though). Hedy, my Jungle Gym only cost me $40 and I've used it for years. I think you only need a really strong one if it's going to be used in a gym by lots of people. Also, I might have bought a stronger one if I knew my DH was going to use it too.
Old 07-03-13, 01:53 PM  
kat_b

Suspension Revolution 2.0

First, even before going any further, it's obvious this is trainer is a fan of Craig Ballantyne's marketing strategies. Expect not only the "add on now or never" stuff on check out, but also a few emails of "special limited time offers." I didn't buy any add ons because none of them appealed, but there was an offer in my email this morning for some core finishers I MAY buy even though they are paper workouts. Sigh. I'm a sucker.

I started downloading at the beginner level working my way up. As they increased in level they also increased dramatically in file size to over 700 Mb (side note: I got rejected and all my downloads cancelled—they appear to have fixed the size issue now so I'm re-downloading). They [were] time consuming downloads on my DSL (making me wish I was in the office instead of working at home this week). I went ahead and previewed what has downloaded and here is my opinion so far.

"Homemade" video: shot in his Tampa [TRX] gym (he is miked, though, so it's better than many, but it definitely isn't Zuzka). They are downloads in MP4 format and are designed to be worked along with. Music is nothing to write home about (relatively quiet in the background). That doesn't phase me one way or another. He does instruct throughout the workouts. That's another something that doesn't phase me (even after multiple plays), but I know it frustrates others. In the first two levels it's him coaching female athletes/fitness competitors/fitness models. Still downloading Advanced, so I don't know if they have female athletes (first two are male, but I hope they have women, too).

There are three beginner and three intermediate workouts (you repeat the three workouts at each level for four weeks). While the circuits themselves are different on each level, the workouts break up into Upper Body/Core/Metabolic, Lower Body/Core/Metabolic, and Core/Metabolic (I guess Metabolic is the new hot term…)

Beginner workouts are three circuits of 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest, repeating the circuit 3 times. Intermediate are 45 seconds of work with 30 seconds of rest. Advanced appears to be 40 sec. on, 20 off. Once the workout starts there doesn't appear to be a lot of time wasted (a second here or there, but I'll be ready to start right away the next time I do the workout). They run for about 35-45 minutes. No warm up/cool down. No chaptering on the few I checked.

There is a timer on the screen and he suggests once you get to know the circuits you cut the rest to 15 seconds and add a fourth circuit. I did it as presented today, but I plan on either cutting my rest as suggested or adding an active recovery. We'll see.

As mentioned, I've not finished downloading the advanced, but the bulk of the workouts are advanced, there are 9, and they shift only slightly: instead of Core/Metabolic it's Full Body/Core/Metabolic for the third workout each week. The 12-week advanced program is for you to follow Advanced A workouts for four weeks, then Advanced B for four and Advanced C for four. What I've seen will be difficult for me...

There is a PDF for each level and it has all the breakdowns and details exercises at that level, and has suggested rotation, warm up and an interval workout. Otherwise, each level's documentation is pretty much the same including repeated testimonials and input from Dan.

All total it is 15 videos. The "27 workouts" mentioned in the head must include the 12 finishers that are in the last PDF.

I have done one so far. It was challenging for me (I'm an intermediate right now as I recover from a lovely bout of colitis), so take that how you will. I do need more lateral space cleared around my TRX. Right now I'm thinking I'll use and keep this, but I want to try a few more and thankfully he does have a 60 day money back offer so I can do so.

Kathryn
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jungle gym, jungle gym xt, rip:60, suspension revolution, suspension training, trx