Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-16-11, 11:10 AM  
Cassy

Wow I'm surprised so many compare to Dove. A nice VF'r has temporarily loaned me the dove workouts. I've tried Dove 1 and 2, but I have to say I like Slim Series so much better. I burn about 1/2 the calories with the dove workouts. I also find Debbie much more personalable then Dove. When I finish a SS workout I feel "worked". With Dove I felt like I really hasn't done anything.

I actually like Jari, Cathe and KCM so that's what else I use. I posted a similar thread and got answers that might help you. In this thread I mentioned getting Zero to 60 which I ended up trying and not liking. I did try Angie's Cardo and Strength one and liked it but still not as much as the others I use.

I also did like Peak Fit but have a hard time pulling them out again.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 12:09 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I love Slim Series and Slim In 6!

Another workout you might try is Results 10 Days to a Better Body led by Cindy Whitmarsh.

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...iew.php?id=813

You can choose upper body or lower or do both. This workout moves right along and has no dread factor for me.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 01:30 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
I love Slim Series and Slim In 6!

Another workout you might try is Results 10 Days to a Better Body led by Cindy Whitmarsh.

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...iew.php?id=813

You can choose upper body or lower or do both. This workout moves right along and has no dread factor for me.
I like this workout too.

Cassy,

With the Dove workouts, I have to use heavier weights. That would up the calorie burn. I have to do that with SS, Jillian, and other workouts too. I didn't mention Jari since the OP said that she didn't like her workouts.
Old 10-16-11, 03:34 PM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

It's too bad you've ruled out Cathe and The Firm, because those would be great options. The Firm Volumes 1, 2, and 3 are very similar to Slim Series, and Cathe's Legs & Glutes, High Step Challenge, and Drill Max would probably give you the results you're looking for. But have you considered Katami's 4x4 or Patrick Goudeau's Lean Hot Body? Both are advanced, but you can take them down a notch by using lighter weights or hitting pause occasionally. I also think the Toniques might suit your needs, but man, they're relentless and kind of boring.

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
circuit workouts, dove rose, rebounder, similar to slim series, slim series, trampoline