Missiscipi

Now I want to do Tonique LOL!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 09:27 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
Now I want to do Tonique LOL!
Go for it, Rozy!!! Tonique is a fantastic butt lifter and leg shaper. I get a lot of use out of her DVDs, that's for sure.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 09:15 AM  
melzie

Just did "Tone It Up" from Slim Series. I have had the set a while but never tried them yet as I am a variety junkie, so I was inspired to go ahead. I cannot say anything about results as I just tried this one so far and am not, nor have ever, done an SS rotation.

All I could think is "DS is Margaret Richards evil progeny workout student because she reps you to death!" Yep, you will definately feel the pain.

I can see getting really firm from doing this. I cannot see doing the same video for a week or two. I would get B-O-R-E-D and just quit. Since there are several videos, doing a different one a day would not be a problem though. I'm going to give that a try and see what happens.
melzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 10:00 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I think the secret to SS is that the majority of the exercises are all combination exercises with light weights. Once the workout starts, you literally keep moving for the entire workout.

A lot of people here don't care for combination exercises, but they are incredibly effective for burning a large amount of calories.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 02:04 PM  
daisyduke

Tonique Premier is by far the hardest workout I own - and I have done Insanity. It has helped my cardio so much, yet it is mostly lower body toning. I think a Tonique rotation would be great. . . except for the upper body.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 02:04 PM  
Cassy

I agree about the combination moves but I actually think I burned more with Tonique yesterday than any of the Slim Series. I will check at home. It could be because the slim series workouts generally have floor and ab work which isn't as much of a calorie burner. But obviously still good to do.

I agree daisy! I do ok during the squat section but about 1/2 through the lunge part I'm dying. It is super hard! There are very few workouts now that I can't make it through. But this one is a challenge. I'm willing to try it again and hope all my weeks of building up with the new Jari's will help.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 06:57 PM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
I agree about the combination moves but I actually think I burned more with Tonique yesterday than any of the Slim Series. I will check at home. It could be because the slim series workouts generally have floor and ab work which isn't as much of a calorie burner. But obviously still good to do.

I agree daisy! I do ok during the squat section but about 1/2 through the lunge part I'm dying. It is super hard! There are very few workouts now that I can't make it through. But this one is a challenge. I'm willing to try it again and hope all my weeks of building up with the new Jari's will help.
For me, I do the lunge section first then the squat. Makes it more tolerable and I feel I'm more fresh at the beginning of a workout so to put the hardest part first makes sense.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 08:24 PM  
edensmom

I burn a LOT more calories using Tonique Premier than SS. With Tonique Premiere I always do the whole program down to the mat work and I burn around 400. I was doing Tonique Premier every other day for 4 weeks this summer. Prior to that I did a SS rotation and I don't think I ever burned more than 300 with any of the workouts. Nevertheless the toning results were fabulous. However, it aggravated my elbow. And with 4 weeks of Tonique (alternating Premier, 2.1 and 2.2) ,my upper body did lose some definition. I would definitely alternate Tonique with another total body or upper body weight workout. I like all of these workouts.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 09:31 PM  
fitmummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchaser1 View Post
Did Sylwia mention when her new dvds will be released? I emailed her a couple of weeks ago but I don't think she responded.
She mentioned few times that it will be a long workout/no details/i asked her today and she said the dvd will have 2 discs and one of them arms IM SO HAPPY
fitmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 10:08 PM  
edensmom

Arms at last, yay!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debbie siebers, jari love, similar to slim series, slim in 6, slim series, slim series success