Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-03-11, 11:23 PM  
fitmummy

I have been doing Tonique for the past 3 years and i have no bulk/ recently i went to Sylwia's class and I was dripping in sweat/i stood on the back and watched for a minute the women around Sylwia---they look like her clones/i asked one how often she does Tonique and she replied:every day with Sylwia, even when I was pregnant/then a tiny blond came up and encourage me not to give up and she shared her story with me about her tonique weight loss/the class was GREAT! and I decided to start my Tonique rotation again/
fitmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 06:05 AM  
kariev34

fitmommy: with all that tonique, how did your upper body respond? your so lucky to have been able to take a live class. I would love to do that. What is the tonique rotation you are following?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 06:33 AM  
Keepfitgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Actually, one of the reasons I like SS is Debbie works ALL parts of the shoulder. I credit SS w/ helping me recover my range of motion from a nasty bout of shoulder bursitis. She does a lot of rear shoulder work, unlike barre workouts which tend to way overstress the anterior deltoid.

As I said, in my earlier post, I only use 3 lbs weights for the shoulder work in these and when my shoulder was super sensitive, I used 2's. Strengthening the posterior deltoid doing hi rep, low wt work was magic for my bursitis.

You can also do these w/ no weights for the shoulder exercises & just focus on range of motion. That's what I'm having my DH do for his shoulder bursitis. It's a way better option than doing 30 min of PT exercises 2x/day that don't work any other body part.

Just my experience.

Joan
OK, so now it's back on my list.

I agree about barre workouts, as that's how I stressed my shoulders in the first place. I love barre but I do my own thing in the shoulder sections.

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 09:11 AM  
Cassy

Karie - I don't find SS boring. So I think it's up to each individual. I don't do them exclusively but I like them.

Fitmommy - more info please. I enjoy tonique but when comparing calorie burn between Jari (new) - Tonique had the smaller burn. So I pretty much haven't done them because Jari had more upper body. Now that I look at my notes the Tonique burn is similar to older Jari's and to SS. So I guess I should add them back in.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 09:27 AM  
pcramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
Karie - I don't find SS boring. So I think it's up to each individual. I don't do them exclusively but I like them.

Fitmommy - more info please. I enjoy tonique but when comparing calorie burn between Jari (new) - Tonique had the smaller burn. So I pretty much haven't done them because Jari had more upper body. Now that I look at my notes the Tonique burn is similar to older Jari's and to SS. So I guess I should add them back in.

Cassy would you mind sharing what your calories burned were for Jari and Tonique, just curious
Old 10-04-11, 10:11 AM  
cherimac

I personally find SS and Jari more balanced than Tonique.
Old 10-04-11, 02:35 PM  
fitmummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
fitmommy: with all that tonique, how did your upper body respond? your so lucky to have been able to take a live class. I would love to do that. What is the tonique rotation you are following?
Sylwia's rotation/ includes running
I use Premier, T2 and Cardio Mat, I like mat but it hurts
I am so surprised the way I look/I though that it is pure butt and legs workout but I built amazing abs / and sculpt arms not big but sculpt

her class is wonderful, mad a little bit/ she doesnt stop at all, in 2 hrs she just goes from one move to another - quoting her " It IS YOUR ME TIME" then she says at the very end that she could do another class now and everyone says KIDDING? and she says how important is that we dont stop for 1hr or 2 hrs straight/she is very funny and low key/and she is proud to teach women like US and not celebrities, she often says Tonique is a club for women like us, not A listers who come and go, jump from one workout to another/i guess she is right
fitmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 06:26 PM  
katchaser1

Did Sylwia mention when her new dvds will be released? I emailed her a couple of weeks ago but I don't think she responded.
katchaser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 08:49 PM  
Cassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcramer View Post
Cassy would you mind sharing what your calories burned were for Jari and Tonique, just curious
I just did Tonique 2.1 and burned 330 in 45mins. I skipped the warmup (thanks to a suggestion from momof10) because that warmup is pretty slow and long.

So I might have to remeasure my Tonique burns. I looked at my notes and a lot of times when I measured tonique in the past I don't think I made it through the whole workout. Premier is a killer :-)

Here are some of my Jari burns.

bootcamp 400
GER1000 - 475
revved - 346
ripped to the core 270

That's all I have in my notes.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 08:57 PM  
GMonkey

SS and Si6 are very effective but so boring I have major dread factor. The moves are boring, the music is awful, etc.

I think that they are great for slimming down and increasing strength and flexibility. Part of it is because it is hard work, but not frenzied. They don't make my appetite increase. I think, though that they are best alternated with other workouts, like brisk walking, a day or two of true strength training, etc. I think that the lighter weight and high reps can be damaging to the joints when done daily because joints tend to be engaged for the movements rather than muscles.
GMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debbie siebers, jari love, similar to slim series, slim in 6, slim series, slim series success