Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-13, 08:53 AM  
bubbles76

Flat Abs and Tighter Legs - What to do?

Hi everyone! I am in the pursuit of flat abs and tighter legs. First, let's start with the abs. I don't have a muffin top or anything, but I'd like my ab muscles to show through. When I suck it in just a little, I have a clearly defined six pack. I don't know if what's going on with me is bloat or fat, but I want that layer gone so I can see my abs. I'm pretty good with my diet, whole grain or whole wheat everything, watch my portions, and don't eat too many sweets. I do have tea twice a day, so I'm cutting down on my sugar. I drink a lot of water.

So I guess I'm looking for suggestions for flatter abs. How often should I work abs exclusively a week and for how long? I have the following ab workout:

Tracey Staehle Core Conditioning
Tracey Staehle other core workout
Cathe's Ab workout from STS
Amy Bento Abs and Stretch
Jackie Warner Xtreme Crunch Free Abs

Or if you can think of anything that blows all these out the water, let me know!

Okay, now tighter legs. I'm getting great results with my upper body, but legs are further behind. I've been having constant knee issues but it doesn't prevent me from working out. Just have to keep the impact low. I usually do squats and lunges and the like, but they are not giving me the aesthetic results I'm looking for. I used to be able to just run and not have to do anything for my legs except calf raises, squats, and lunges. Without my running, my legs are not as toned as I'd like. Is there anything as good as running that will tone up my legs and get rid of the cellulite? Thinking of doing Squeeze or barre type workouts (just received them from some lovely VFers for SASE), but I don't know if that will work for a pear.

Oh, I'm a pear if that helps. Thanks for the responses and for letting me rant a bit
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flat abs, getting sexy, increasing strength, starch free living, toned legs