Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-25-13, 07:23 AM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPLYN61 View Post
The orginal one was about 50 minutes long, had band work ( about 10 mins worth), pushups and ab work. no floor leg, and a fantastic cool down that was about 11 minutes long.
Oh okay, this was the very first one. I remember they redid Start it Up! because people felt it was too long and too hard for the starter workout. I don't think that has been sold in a long time. Were the other workouts in the set different?
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-13, 10:51 AM  
imhere2dance

I have the refilmed SI6 and I like it a lot. I've always read a lot of complaints about uneven reps in the originals, so I don't have those.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-13, 11:08 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I have the refilmed SI6 and I like it a lot. I've always read a lot of complaints about uneven reps in the originals, so I don't have those.
I like the re-filmed version MUCH better, for this reason and for the better picture quality, and a bit more variety.
Old 04-25-13, 02:59 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
I've got both (my "original" set has the shorter Start it Up) and I really like both versions. I still alternate them.

F1mom, what does SASE mean?
Which version of Start it Up do you have in your set, 25 min or 50 min?
I got the 25 minute SIU. You mean there's another set floating around out there I need to track down on Amazon.com?

And I did notice the uneven reps due to poor editing. I just finish the few and carry on. Can't wait to try Ramp It Up.

The newer set really bugged me. While the picture quality was better the music was horrible and I didn't like the Shakeology plug or Debbie's makeup, made her seem harder or something. She was quite lovely in the set I've got.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-13, 03:48 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
I got the 25 minute SIU. You mean there's another set floating around out there I need to track down on Amazon.com?
the 50 min SIU vhs version price was going bonkers on amazon, last time i checked, which was several years ago.

and to get the 50 min version on DVD, you have to compare the ISBN number, and quite often, Amazon doesn't show it. Beachbody didn't change the cover when they decided to shorten SIU.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 01:26 PM  
danac99

I'm thinking about getting the refilmed set. If I understand correctly from previous posts, the new set does not have any uneven rep issues. Is this correct? Also, I noticed Mary has this set for $39.90. Does she usually sell it for $80?

Thanks!
danac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 01:48 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danac99 View Post
I'm thinking about getting the refilmed set. If I understand correctly from previous posts, the new set does not have any uneven rep issues. Is this correct? Also, I noticed Mary has this set for $39.90. Does she usually sell it for $80?

Thanks!
the $39.90 set is what you can get it for from either teambeachbody.com or the recent infomercials for Si6. the $80 quote might not even be the "original" price, but what beachbody considers the "value" of that system.

mary can't alter the prices on beachbody products, including the shipping. this is why she has a separate BB link.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-13, 09:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

When I ordered the new Sin6 from Mary, I think the price was $59.90 so the $39.90 isn't half price, but still good. I believe Beachbody had a sale not too long ago and the set was going for $29.90 or $19.90? I can't remember exactly but I think cheaper than $39.90.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-13, 11:18 PM  
msgrits

Love Slim in 6. It's a great staple work out. i actually started with the older Ramp it up and moved to the newer one. There wasn't much difference.
msgrits is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debbie siebers, slim in 6, slim in 6 (2010)