Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-11-15, 01:03 PM  
sherry7899

I am going to wait for Ricki and the Flash to be out on dvd or streaming.

The club where Sinead O'Connor played was at City Gardens in Trenton, NJ.
It is a legendary place around here: (we live in a suburb of that city)

http://www.citygardensnj.com/?page_id=9

I almost saw the Smithereens there, but we found out after we got there that the band had canceled. We have seen them many times at other places, though.

The person who booked many concerts for City Gardens now owns a cd/memorabilia store in Bordentown, NJ. It is a fun place to look around.
There is going to be a "punk rock" fleamarket this weekend, so we may go to check that out. Supposedly many genres of music are represented, plus a bunch of other stuff. Our sixteen year old son is dying to go, so we will likely take him. I am going to feel old there

http://www.trentonpunkrockfleamarket.com/

If any music geeks come to this area, go to the Princeton Record Exchange-you will love it. It is one of the few independent music stores left.

http://www.prex.com/

My DH goes there every week. We went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame back in 2008. We saw a display of Doors albums hanging on the wall, and they had the price labels from the Princeton Record Exchange on them. That cracked us up! They get shoppers from all over the world there.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-15, 04:43 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post

There is going to be a "punk rock" fleamarket this weekend, so we may go to check that out. Supposedly many genres of music are represented, plus a bunch of other stuff. Our sixteen year old son is dying to go, so we will likely take him. I am going to feel old there

http://www.trentonpunkrockfleamarket.com/

Sherry
Oh my! A punk rock flea market! That's sounds AWESOME! If I was close I would so be there! I love thrifting and punk rock so it would be a match made in heaven for me! Have fun...and I bet you don't feel old. Lots of other former punk rockers will be there, too!
Old 08-11-15, 05:50 PM  
sherry7899

I was never a punk rocker but I have been a music geek for a long time . There will likely be an article and photos about it.

Old 08-19-15, 01:57 PM  
sherry7899

My son went to the punk rock fleamarket with a friend. I may go with my DH in November. They hold it in an old warehouse, so my son said it was horribly hot and humid in there. He liked it enough to want to go back.

For any fans of The Who-this is also available on Amazon. We will watch it over the weekend:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/la...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Old 08-19-15, 02:24 PM  
ponytail

Sorry to highjack this thread...wanted to add three things.

1. Amy is a wonderfully heartbreaking movie. It doesn't victimize her but rather makes her real; scars, faults, demons, and all. It was really well done.

2. Saw Sinead O'Connor in concert WAY back in 1990. She sang three songs ("Three Babies," "Emperor's New Clothes," can't remember the third), then said, "That's the minimum amount of songs I have to sing for the promoters to not issue refunds," and walked off the stage. Just like that, the concert was over. The next day, I went to Disc-Go-Round and sold her two albums.

3. For those interested, my all time favorite singer/performer Prince has a new album coming out on September 7, entitled "Hit N Run."
ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-15, 02:44 PM  
sherry7899

Ponytail- thanks for posting! I am sorry about the Sinead concert!

Old 09-02-15, 09:35 AM  
sherry7899

Is anyone else around

Has anyone else seen the music movie "Whiplash?" It is about a jazz drummer. I checked it out from our library.

Sherry

Old 09-02-15, 02:20 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Is anyone else around

Has anyone else seen the music movie "Whiplash?" It is about a jazz drummer. I checked it out from our library.

Sherry
I loved Whiplash. It more intense than I was expecting. The tension was palpable. And I'm not even into jazz or drumming especially.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-15, 02:43 PM  
sherry7899

Adawn- I am not a jazz fan either but I like any music themed movie. I am glad you liked it.

Old 09-03-15, 06:06 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytail View Post
Sorry to highjack this thread...wanted to add three things.

1. Amy is a wonderfully heartbreaking movie. It doesn't victimize her but rather makes her real; scars, faults, demons, and all. It was really well done.

2. Saw Sinead O'Connor in concert WAY back in 1990. She sang three songs ("Three Babies," "Emperor's New Clothes," can't remember the third), then said, "That's the minimum amount of songs I have to sing for the promoters to not issue refunds," and walked off the stage. Just like that, the concert was over. The next day, I went to Disc-Go-Round and sold her two albums.

3. For those interested, my all time favorite singer/performer Prince has a new album coming out on September 7, entitled "Hit N Run."
That's an awful concert experience for Sinead O'Connor. Unfortunately not all artists are wonderful live. Haven't seen the Amy movie yet, but I'm definitely interested in seeing it! And yay to a new Prince album coming out!

Tags
music, music geek