Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-04-20, 08:36 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA we have never eaten at Glenburn Grill and I pass it every day to and from work, crazy, I know. The Heritage Trail is great! It’s so pretty between Clark’s Summit and Dalton! We have only walked that part once and I couldn’t stop talking the first 10 minutes of the walk about how beautiful it was, or wow, look at that cool tree, or look at the rock formations. My husband just let me yammer on and on, but it was just great. We usually walk the portion near Keystone College which is closer to our house.

Yesterday I tackled RWH Upper Body Circuit. I modified some of the compound moves and didn’t go nearly as heavy as Cathe. I’m glad it was only 45 minutes because it was hard. More good stuff.

We had a pretty busy day today with two family get togethers so I didn’t get in a workout. Finley is licking my earlobe as I type. I think that’s my sign to quit.

Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 08:38 PM  
fanofladyvols

Hey Fierce Watulans!

I wanted to check in and mention I did a quick workout today 4DS Kickbox Premix and loved it after I got past the first section. I try to eliminate jumping with kickboxing so it was a little hard to do that at first. But after that first section it was easy to keep intensity up with my modifications

I have finally done all the segments I'm interested with this 4DS set and am so happy you all enabled me, lol. Have also completed my Jari Journey. I had planned to do KCM and Cathe next but may delay that. I do look more defined in my upper body. In the future, I will not do only Jari for strength but will mix her in with others. I enjoy working out with her but her more recent style exclusively makes me feel achy.

Wishing each of you a Happy Fourth and promise to catch up later!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 08:10 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Sunday to All!

I started my Sleek rotation. Flik and Victoria have some great legs! Yesterday as a Sleek cardio day and today I will do a Sleek barre segment. I am not sure that everyone can obtain a ballerina body, as a part of that is certainly genetics. I am a Meso so I know that I will never have a ballerina body. Ballet and barre do help to tone my legs. My lower body responds best with a mix of ballet/barre and traditional weight lifting. My upper body responds very well to traditional weight lifting but it too needs a rest and I will do power yoga.

Chel- Having to live without AC is so hard especially in this very hot weather. I love strawberries. How did the strawberry picking go? I hope you had fun at your pool party.

Cataddict – I am not sure what it is but the Shock Cardio series was never one of my favorites. The workouts bore me and I hardly ever reach for them.

Kittybug- If I can help out with any info on the Cathe Lies just let me know. It may take a while for stores to restock their fitness departments because so many people made purchases for their home gyms. Have you tried Play It Again Sports?

Nathalie- Debra Atkinson is supposed to specialize in workouts for peri-menopausal, menopausal and post-menopausal women. You may want to check her out.

Manelym- I particularly enjoy the stillness of yin practices and Travis' remarks are always on target for me.

Have a great day today.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 09:57 AM  
ChelePA

[QUOTE=Mickey12;2880925]ChelePA we have never eaten at Glenburn Grill and I pass it every day to and from work, crazy, I know. The Heritage Trail is great! It’s so pretty between Clark’s Summit and Dalton! We have only walked that part once and I couldn’t stop talking the first 10 minutes of the walk about how beautiful it was, or wow, look at that cool tree, or look at the rock formations. My husband just let me yammer on and on, but it was just great. We usually walk the portion near Keystone College which is closer to our house.

Yesterday I tackled RWH Upper Body Circuit. I modified some of the compound moves and didn’t go nearly as heavy as Cathe. I’m glad it was only 45 minutes because it was hard. More good stuff.

We had a pretty busy day today with two family get togethers so I didn’t get in a workout. Finley is licking my earlobe as I type. I think that’s my sign to quit.

Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July.

Kim[/QUOT

Kim---Do you remember when Ty Pennington was there to makeover the restaurant? That's why we went there originally to check out the changes It's a nice breakfast spot.

We love fresh strawberries. So it's great to pick them locally. The whole bucket was eaten in 2 days.

Today I did Live Cardio Hiit Metabolic. It was funny because I was reading a review of this one and it said Cathe goes lighter than usual. Also, saying it's a good workout but not too tough. I usually don't match Cathe's weights on every exercise...sometimes 1-3 pounds lighter depending. Well today I decided to match her weights on this one since the review said she goes lighter. Oh my! It kicked my butt. I was huffing and puffing and drenched in sweat. Definitely not a lighter workout for me. Great variety of strength, metabolic and cardio exercises.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 11:57 AM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

Just a quick check-in!

I hope you had a great 4th of July and had fun even if some activities were cancelled!

kittybug: I have to admit that I don't know how to workout anymore. Some say less intensity is better, others claim intense but short. I think that at this age, everybody reacts differently and it's a case of trial and error.

horusosiris: Thanks for the info on Debra Atkinson. I'll take a look at what she has to offer.

Have a great Sunday Watulans!
Nathalie
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 01:27 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All!

lavna, it is hard to know what is the right answer. I think you should do what makes you happy, and adjust here and there, try out different things. I am 58 and well through menopause as it hit me somewhat early. I had a lot of years of being really tired, needing naps in the afternoon, etc. I was all over the place with my workouts -- trying different things. For a while I had to tell myself that "sleep was my workout" because it really seemed more important for me to get rest than to work out, but I was so trained to get my workout in, that I just had to kind of trick myself. I feel like I'm in a really good place, finally. The thing that's helped me most recently is "the intermittent fasting podcast" and Gin Stephens books "Delay, Don't Deny" and her brand new one "Fast, Feast, Repeat". I know that's controversial so I won't say more, but I feel so much better living this way. Everything is so much easier. If you want to know more I'm happy to answer questions but I don't want to cram stuff down anyone's throat.

All this talk of Shock Cardio reminded me about Shock Cardio, which I also never really liked very much. So much so that I had put them away in a cabinet. I have pulled them out and might try them just to see if I still feel the same way. I thought the observation about Cathe maybe trying to be a bit more like Beachbody with that series was interesting. I will be watching and doing with that in my mind and see what I think.

I've been really enjoying Ultimate Yogi practices lately, sprinkled in with other things. I may venture out into some non-Cathe stuff for sprinkling, just for fun and to make sure I don't make Cathe "stale" for me. I'm still considering subscribing to Travis's streaming service but figure I may as well get through UY once first. I have pretty much all the "early on" UY offerings, so don't know if I really "need" the streaming but it might be fun.

Waves all around.....
Old 07-05-20, 06:05 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday Watulans!!

Today was RWH Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps followed by Plyo HIIT #1. I realllllllllly liked combining these because when I did Plyo HIIT #1 last week, I didn't feel like the warmup was long enough for me personally...like my body wasn't quite ready for those snowboards. But today I was definitely there because I had already fried my upper body with the weight training and felt more ready to go! Still, these are brutal!

Tomorrow will be Lift it Hit it Legs plus Abs 1 or 2.

Bee, I've already PM'd you, hah!

Nathalie, totally agree what works for one may not work for another. It's a constant journey, sometimes day to day, isn't it?

ChelePA, I will be right over for my strawberries!

Horusosiris, yes, those ladies have lovely physiques! Ballet/dance is the hardest workout I have ever known, hands down, but ouch too!

Fanofladyvols, with your defined abs and upper body!! What is it do you think about Jari's style as of late (or can you explain more) that doesn't agree? Just curious!!

Kim, yep, those RWH Circuits are kinda evil too!! Awwww Finley...is he just growing like a weed?

Waves to Cataddict, KateTT, Manleym, and anyone I've missed....but where's Momofcha these days?

Stay fierce, Watulans!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 09:06 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, fierce Watulans!

Today I did the Maximum Intensity premix of the Intensity DVD. It was a rather ambitious choice for a steaming hot day. Yes, we have working AC unlike poor Chele, but with the humidity the air is just so thick and sticky. So this premix is 70 minutes and is all of the segments one after another. I made it through, but I admit I took a two minute break between the high impact and low impact HiiT or I wouldn't have finished it.

Tomorrow I will do either one of the other two HiiT workouts or Cardio Core Circuit as these are the last ones I have to do in the Shock Cardio series.

horusosiris, fellow meso here and no amount of ballet will change my body type! I am interested in your results from the program you are doing, as while I realize I will never have slender ballerina legs, I would like them to be toned and---forgive the term---less bulky.

bee I'm interested in the program you mentioned. I'm going to look up the podcast and books and pm you with any questions. Thanks for the info!

ChelePA, don't you love summer fresh fruit? Our strawberries are long gone locally, but we do have blueberries and peaches. We pick peaches as it doesn't take too long to get a basket full and of course they get ripe in the heat. Strawberry picking is a lot of stooping and blueberry picking is tricky and labor intensive.

fanofladyvols, glad you enjoyed the kickbox on 4DS. Since we seem to like opposites in kickboxing, maybe you might like MMA kickboxing and/or boxing from the Shock Cardio series. Have you tried them? Isn't it great that there is so much variety that we all can find a workout we like!

Kim, I like hearing about Finley! Little kittens have so much energy and do so many cute things!

kittybug, we also had no public fireworks but the people behind us and next door to us set off plenty and for several hours. The cats didn't particularly care for it, except for Watula. Nothing much fazes her, whether it be fireworks or vacuum cleaner. The others found safe places in the house to hide from the noise.

Waving to all! And yes, where is momofcha? Hope all is okay with her and her family.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 11:13 AM  
manleym

Hi fierce Watulans! I hope your Monday is off to a great start!

Horusosiris I know I could look this up, and should, but I'm being lazy. I know meso is a body type. Is that a body that builds strength easily? I'm a pear but don't think I build muscle easily. So I guess I'm a mess rather than a meso.

Bee is your inbox exploding?!? I think we have all PM'd you! LOL!! I'm also an IFer and have been for years. I think you just have to find what your body needs and that changes with age and stage.

Nathalie one of Cathe's articles in her newsletter talks about HiiT training fighting anxiety. I know you're dealing with menopause and not anxiety, but I thought it was interesting. I think it's just a balancing act of trying to find what your body needs that particular day. I know for me during menopause some days high intensity workouts really helped. Other days I needed something different and lighter. And there were some days it didn't really matter what I did or didn't do. Nothing helped. Menopause is just flat out hard. As my DH used to say - why can't it be meno-STOP!!!

Fanofladyvols I also like 4DS Kickboxing. I really love that whole series! And congrats on your defined arms and abs! Yay you!

Kim sweet Finley needing some lovin'! So sweet!

Kittybug thanks for the idea to do C,S,&T with Plyo 1. It is on my calendar for tomorrow. I think today will be Legs.

ChelePA and Cataddict your berry stories are making me want to go picking. I love all things straw and blue berries. In fact I eat them every single night for dessert with peanuts and chocolate sauce. Growing up we had a huge family garden where we grew all kinds of fresh veggies and fruit. There is still nothing better than picking a peach off the tree and eating it right then and there, letting the juice drip down your arm and off your elbow.

Have a great day my friends! Waves to all!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 01:23 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Friends,
My inbox was not full.

manleym you crack me up -- mess, not meso! I think I am a pear meso, too, but I'm not really sure. I do know that I have horusosiris to credit/blame for a second totalfitness order. I ordered some Mitchel B yoga dvds to add to what I had and then this morning I did the original Firm volume 1 and realized I probably need more of that kind of lower body work -- the same way you mix it up, horusosiris. The problem is, that kind of stuff sort of bores me. But I went to check out the Sleek stuff and it didn't take me long to decide to buy the three pack that's on sale. I'd like to try to incorporate a little bit each week.

You guys are torturing me with talk of fresh picked peaches and berries. I do have some berries that I'm picking up from a local farm on Thursday -- can't wait. A friend of mine gave me some cherry plums -- they are apparently pretty sour, but I may make a crisp or something with them. She has made a bunch of things, but is also making some cherry plum /ginger vodka. That sounded like a decent idea.

I think momofcha is fine but maybe decided to take her workouts in a different direction. Hope so anyway.

Ok, off to get ready for a piano lesson. TTFN.

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in