Oops, wrong thread.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 04:57 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
where you can find codes to convert your DVD player to region-free:

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

use google by typing in your brand and model # and include convert to region free

find your brand and model on Amazon, then search questions for that product for the region free code
I think I misspoke. What I meant to say was that I wasted a whole day once, trying all of these tricks you mentioned to convert my dvd player. At the bottomless pit of tricks, they basically said that Sonys were impossible to unlock and to buy a region free player
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 05:37 PM  
alisoncooks

Today I did 10 MS Pilates Perfect Body (Suzanne Bowen). This one is super wrist-intensive. Yikes! And my knees were very unhappy afterwards (I think it was the thigh dancing on the knees. It's a shame because I liked most of it. I suppose I can come up with some substitutions...
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 06:07 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Today I did 10 MS Pilates Perfect Body (Suzanne Bowen). This one is super wrist-intensive. Yikes! And my knees were very unhappy afterwards (I think it was the thigh dancing on the knees. It's a shame because I liked most of it. I suppose I can come up with some substitutions...
The thigh segment is probably my favorite on this DVD, but I can certainly see how the thigh exercise can aggravate the knees. That's a bummer.

I have done the ab segment too but not the others yet so I haven't seen all the wrist activity, I will probably use mostly the buns and abs segment anyway, and the stretch too.

Not sure if many use the Beginner Pilates but I really like that one as well, especially Core Basics. It's kind of what I need to get back into pilates for abs, some might feel it's too easy and a waste of time but I think it's a good way to bridge to the more advanced routines. Regardless I am glad that I picked up that one plus the original pilates one and PPB. I really like Lara and Suzanne as instructors and these will compliment my Ana Caban pilates workouts nicely.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 08:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I don't remember that but I believe you. When I use PPB, I do the buns and thighs, the silhouette and the stretch. My favorites are the buns/thighs and the stretch. I also use my balance pods for my hands/knees for all workouts so that may be why I don't think about that anymore?

I love the stretch on the Pilates Basics. I think all of it is good, including her Core basics. She gives excellent instructions. I also adore Ana Caban.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 04:43 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Reviving this thread. Since getting my 4 10 minute solution DVDs I have been using these quite a bit. I just do one or two sessions at a time but I have been enjoying them. My favorites are:

Beginner Pilates - Core Basics, Legs/Buns, Stretch
Original Pilates - Abs, Legs/Buns, Stretch
Pilates Perfect Body - Abs, Legs/Buns
Blast off Belly Fat - Pilates Ab segment

I need to do more of the Abs DVD, and stretch segment from the PPB DVD, I don't see myself using the upper body ones much but I need to try one anyway, maybe I will be surprised. But I have really been enjoying the ones that I have been using. So thanks to the person who started this thread. I have been using the original 10 Minute Solution pilates the most I don't know why I ever got rid of that DVD all those years ago. Dumb.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 06:19 AM  
dnna

not dumb, but just in a different time and place. if I had kept all the dvds I bought... well, it would be a hoarders intervention!
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 11:51 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I have been using the original 10 Minute Solution pilates the most I don't know why I ever got rid of that DVD all those years ago. Dumb.
i re-acquired this one because it's about the only one that has a ballet segment. the 10MS brand stopped making new DVDs by the time barre-style workouts became popular, and they should have released a 10MS Barre workout. i satisfy that need by using the various pilates workouts, especially all of the ones by Suzanne Bowen - she has 4. around this time, Exhale Core Fusion released a ton of barre/pilates/yoga workouts that function like 10MS, even being programmable like 10MS. these are all led by the husband/wife team of Fred DeVito and Elisabeth Halfpap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
not dumb, but just in a different time and place. if I had kept all the dvds I bought... well, it would be a hoarders intervention!
there was a time when i traded away most of my 10MS DVDs and then reacquired them! there's a handful excluded from my collection, but if i see it in a thrift store, i will consider getting it. i do use them when i'm doing a 10MS rotation.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 09:50 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
there was a time when i traded away most of my 10MS DVDs and then reacquired them! there's a handful excluded from my collection, but if i see it in a thrift store, i will consider getting it. i do use them when i'm doing a 10MS rotation.
I usually don't repurchase workouts. However, I repurchased the Suzanne Bowen Slim and sculpt when I finally bought a band that worked well with pilates workouts. The one I had at the time was too short and just frustrated me and I think that influenced my opinion of the DVD. I am glad I did. It's been great this week for an active recovery.

I also had an impulse thrift purchase of Amy Bento 10 MS band workouts and her Hot Body Bootcamp. I had never done any of them. While I don't like the cardio in her Bootcamp, I have used all the other segments. She uses a dumbbell in her a work but it really works much better with a medicine ball. Amy's band workouts with cobbled with my pilates band work has been a great rotation! I followed my upper/lower/total body split and I have my 50 minutes done before I know it!

I think they are the kind of workouts that are good to have because you never know when you'll need them.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 11:04 AM  
donnamp

Linda - would you mind sharing your rotation? It sounds good!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 minute solution, 10ms, 10ms rotation, cindy whitmarsh, non-region 1 dvds, videohelp.com