Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Polls
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: if you lost more than 10 pounds, how long did it take you?
2 months or less 11 16.42%
2 to 12 months 45 67.16%
13 to 18 months 7 10.45%
19 to 24 months 0 0%
more than 24 months 4 5.97%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-14, 01:44 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

if you lost more than 10 pounds, how long did it take you?

i'm reading this book for the 2nd time, "Thin for Life," by Anne Fletcher.

She profiles and refers to people who've lost weight and kept it off as "masters." the book is basically a very positive, inspirational book that discusses how these masters succeeded. In one of the chapters titled "Do It Your Way," she mentions that the masters took 6 months to 2 years to lose the weight.

for myself, it took 18 months to lose 18 pounds. this EXcludes pregnancy weight, just comparing my pre-pregnancy weight to how low i got after adopting a consistent exercise regimen and eating smart.

a female coworker lost about 20 pounds, but it took her roughly a year or so to lose it.

EDITED TO ADD: Your votes are confidential and multiple choice is disabled.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 01:47 PM  
sunday

I lost my 80 pounds in chunks. The last 50 pounds took me about three years. I wasn't in any hurry and generally didn't weigh myself. I knew I was losing when my clothes started falling off and when I weighed at the doctor's every year.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 02:07 PM  
sbh

I lost 35 pounds in 6 months using my video collection and Sparkpeople's food tracking. That was in 2012. I've only gained 5 pounds back since then. So I will be using Sparkpeople's food tracking again and expect to loose it in a month.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 01:28 PM  
bubbles76

I think it also took me about 6 months to lose 30 pounds. Like Sherri, I lost the weight through my home video collection and Sparkpeople food tracker. This was in 2007 or 2008, I believe. In 2013 I lost 15 pounds just from diet alone, and that took about 1.5 months.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 10:16 PM  
SuzieC

I lost 42 pounds since January 1, 2013, so that took about 15 months.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14, 01:48 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I lost 107 pounds in 13 months, a very long time ago.
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 05:36 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I have lost 45 pounds, which took about 15-16 months to do.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 08:01 AM  
shoegoddess

I lost 27 pounds recently. From middle of October 2013 to middle of March 2014. I was on a mission. I was turning 60 in February and was determined to lose the weight. I went on WW and also tracked with loseit.com. And I worked out like crazy!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-14, 07:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
I lost 27 pounds recently. From middle of October 2013 to middle of March 2014. I was on a mission. I was turning 60 in February and was determined to lose the weight. I went on WW and also tracked with loseit.com. And I worked out like crazy!
bravo.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-14, 02:11 AM  
bee1forfitness

I lost 50# back in 2004 it took me about a year. All I did was the Turbo Jam program 6x per week (it had just came out) and Cathe's KPC for most of that year and I also used Sparks people, back then it was a service you had to pay for. Last year around Christmas I gain 6# and lost 7# in about 2 weeks this time I added a healthier nutrition plan and use KBKB Scorcher.
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote