Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-24, 04:21 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I’ve never heard of Gin Miller’s Slim and Trim Dumbbell Workout. Was it also released under a different title?
Gams, I think that's the workout that came with the Danskin dumbbell set

I used points and picked up two Cathe Fit tower workouts, BOSU mobility workout and a Tim Culwell step workout. Love the unusual workouts Mary has !!

Thanks, fatkat, for reminding me about the sale!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 04:32 PM  
Gams

Thanks - I went ahead and ordered it from Thriftbooks. I had a free item coming to me.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 05:15 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I’ve never heard of Gin Miller’s Slim and Trim Dumbbell Workout. Was it also released under a different title?
I believe this might have been a Danskin workout on DVD and could have been part of a kit with dumbbells.
Slim & Trim is compiled in its entirety on Gin's "Build Up Your Muscles" DVD and also on youtube. BUYM contains 4 workouts - dumbbells, resistance tubing, weighted balls, arm + ankle weights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGbNoBvHKdc

The start/end times are:

0 to 53 - Dumbbells
53:45 to 1:45 - Resistance tube
1:46 to 2:35 - Weighted balls
2:36 to 3:26 - Arm and Ankle weights

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 05:15 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I had not heard of it before, either. From my research, I think it was part of a Danskin dumbbell set. Looks like it will be less intense than regular Gin, but I don't have it yet. I figured at the prices I was paying for mostly used or going, going, gone workouts, things were worth trying. I don't do streaming and Mary does have a lot of obscure and interesting stuff nowadays.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 05:18 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Thanks, Jeannine.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 05:36 PM  
Gams

From the cover and description on Amazon it looks like there is a cardio segment as well as dumbbells.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 06:34 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Gemini, the Gary Bromley Yoga was a pleasant surprise to me. He is calm, assured and gentle.

I’ve never had a problem with the odd DVD-r in my collection except for a couple from Linda. I bought them directly from her site because I wanted to support an instructor here in Australia. At first Linda encouraged me strongly to download instead of purchasing DVDs but I resisted and bought two. I have only ever tried 2 of her workouts out of the 11 choices because the DVDs pixelate badly. I never had a chance really to see if any of her workouts suit me because I was seriously fed up.
That was many years ago and I have ordered 3 of her workouts from the sale this time hoping her media quality has improved.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 07:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
At first Linda encouraged me strongly to download instead of purchasing DVDs but I resisted and bought two.
One of the benefits of getting an actual DVD vs. a download is that the DVDs (and hopefully the DVD-r versions) have premixes on it. you have to read the description carefully and confirm with the instructor/company that you're getting the premixes on a DVD. This holds true for other instructors such as KCM and Cathe.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 05:58 AM  
Malia

I had talked to Mary at Total Fitness DVDs and she confirmed that she'll replace any DVD-R's that stop working
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 12:57 PM  
fanofladyvols

Thought I'd mention, I have purchased or traded since 2019 for Barlates and purchased other DVDrs from Mary (like Culwell) and never had any issues with them to date.

But I was initially hesitant as well.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd deterioration, dvd-r, mary's sale, totalfitnessdvds.com, wall pilates