Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-22, 09:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast

Blessful Body - New Year's Moving Vision - which was essentially a Pilates-Fusion style workout - there was some upper body, some abs and some lower body. I am finding that I need to avoid any type of "curling" movement in my spine - so many Pilates exercises need to be modified to avoid those rounded back postures. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing - but I figure why do something that is going to aggravate my back. I did find substitutes to do! I signed up for a $1/1 week trial at Blessful Body. I have subscribed in the past, I like Ky but eventually get bored w/ her stuff, but I felt the need to do one of her routines today. I will probably cancel before I'm charged the $24/month fee. These sites are just to expensive unless you are going to be a regular/daily user!

I do plan to do Man Flow Yoga - Mission : Daily Yoga today - it is a 12 min stretch. I will be able to squeeze that in somewhere. Jessica Valent is also putting up 5 min routines all week.

Diane - ((HUGS)) on Christopher - you will do what is right when you need to. It is very hard though. I know my Lab will likely not see 2023, she isn't there yet, but you just know sometimes.

Hope everyone has a nice day - start to the first work week in 2022!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 12:25 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning friends! I'm not moaning too loud this Moan Day since it is a vacation day. Yesterday featured:

~ GYM for 15 treadmill and 45 weight machines + dumbbells
~ Short beach walk
~ YWK New Year Intention Setting Yin
~ 5,352 steps

I don't often get to enjoy a full hour of yin, it was so nice.

Summer Breeze - COVID has gotten several of my friends, too. I don't blame you for being worried about your children.

Donna, it sounds like you've found some good streaming deals.

Diane, sending prayers for you and your little buddy.

Pam, I'm glad you made it through all that snow! Wow!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 07:15 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Todays workouts:
~Jessica’s Toning Walk from her Walk On 30 day set
~30 Min Hands Free Yoga Flow (YT)

Your yin sounds heavenly Pat!

Donna - I find a lot of these streaming subs to be so pricey!

Diane - Aw poor Christopher, it’s so hard when our pets get older and infirm. I hope you got some answers at the vet. Sending you (((hugs))).

Waves to summer breeze!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 08:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on, during lunch:

Lucy Wyndham-Read 7 Min Workout to Lose Belly Fat - this is part of her New Year's challenge - you are to repeat this workout for 7 days - not sure I could do that, but LWR does have a nice variety of 7 min workouts that work well for "extra movement" at lunch time.

Man Flow Yoga - Gentle Morning Stretches - these stretches could be done at any time of day - a good break from sitting, It was only 12 minutes.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Yoga Tone

Blessful Body -Pilates Complete Core - this was a nice variety of exercises. Nothing special or extraordinary

Jessica Valent - Sciatica routine - still dealing w/ back pain - and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. This did seem to help a bit.

Our plumbing work starts today! I'm not really planning a formal rotation until it is over - and possibly until my painting work is over, too, but I think that will depend on when the painters can come. But I want low key and low stress while having this work done.

Diane - how are things w/ Christopher?

- Take care ---

Donna
Old 01-04-22, 09:13 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Workouts first - the fun part of my day!

3 sets of pushups
Bad Yogi's PBYP Week 1 Day 2

I may be adding a Lesley 20 minute practice in the afternoon.

Christopher is doing well. The vet squeezed us in yesterday and I flew to their office. Getting through Saratoga Springs on any day is maddening and add in school buses and traffic lights not timed in my favor but I was only 15 minutes late.

He had 2 chest x-rays and a full physical. Thankfully no cancer. Chris has asthma and the vet saw that clearly on the x-rays. So, I came home with antibiotics, as he had an ear infection that I was treating and a possible upper respiratory; an probiotic to help with his flora while taking meds as he has some irritable bowel issues; and more gabapentin, which I will now give him a half dose. He's definitely on the mend although being annoyingly vocal, more like deep bellowing. Don't know where that's coming from. I continue to give him his inhaler twice a day. He's really a pretty good patient!

My husband couldn't come with me because we had Culligan here changing the water filters so someone had to stay home. Gerry was terrified that I would put him down without him there. I told him that would never happen. He's so happy he's going to be OK, as am I. But it is a lot of work getting these guys healthy.

Donna - It's so hard watching animals we love start to deteriorate. I hope your lab has a great 2022 and can go out happy. That's all I want for any animal or any person. I also signed up for the Man Flow yoga. Will get to that later this week. How can you beat $9???

Pat - Your prayers worked! Thank you - he's definitely on the mend. I held my mala in my hand, reciting "health" on each bead this morning as my mantra. Health for all of us and our planet. Some really screwy things are happening because we have totally disrespected Mother Nature. I always say to my husband I'm glad we're old - I don't want to see what could possibly happen to our beautiful planet.

Pam - Thank you for the hugs - they were all needed! He's still a whiny boy but fingers crossed he'll slowly stop. It's making both of us crazy as we don't know what he wants or needs!

Summer Breeze - I would be concerned about your kids too. However, I watched an interview with a doctor and they stated why kids are safer in school than not (unless they are distance learning at home). There are protocols in place that hopefully will keep them safe. But kids are kids so your worry is not misplaced. I know so many people with Covid right now - my niece (vaxxed but not boosted), her fiance (vaxxed but not boosted), my brother-in-law, vaxxed and boosted and I will have to assume my sister has it as well. Everyone went to the Christmas gathering, we chose to stay home and I'm so happy we did. Thankfully all are on the mend and some have now tested negative.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 09:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Moaning on Tuesday here, because I'm back at the office. Yesterday was another slug fest of reading, but at least I managed:

~ LWR Advent Calendar Day 17, 8 Minute Standing Pilates
~ Day 18, 10 Minute Standing Glutes
~ YWK Evening Yoga Challenge Day 6, Yin Yoga for Sore Muscles
~ 3,320 steps

Pam, your hands free yoga sounds good. I'll look up some of those - depending on the instructor those hands free practices can fry your lower body.

Donna, I like that LWR too but agree with you - seven days would bore me. I like her whole new 7 day series though.

Aw Diane I'm glad my prayers worked and that Christopher is feeling better. I love your mantra and am sure your prayers were the deciding factor. I saw Margaret's sale and am tempted, but wish she billed in monthly installments instead of a big chunk. It's six of one and half dozen of the other, but still ... I get sad about the planet too, especially when I'm visiting my beach.

Good morning to you, Summer Breeze - I hope you and your kids are okay.
Old 01-04-22, 04:02 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today's workouts:
~20 minute Standing Yoga Flow (YT): https://youtu.be/XdA8eh0tSnY
~taught a standing/barre Essentrics class

Diane - So happy Christopher is on the mend!

Pat - Some of the standing flows are more of a workout than others and some have more balance work. I especially like the lunar flow ones as they move you around the mat.

Donna - I hope your plumbing work and painting go smoothly!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 07:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The plumbing work went smoothly yesterday - they were here for 11 hours - most of it is done, they are coming back to finish one bathroom and clean up. I have giant holes in my ceiling though - but we were planning on some painting work anyway - so all will be well....eventually. I can't complain though - it was something we talked about doing for years and put off b/c of the expense, inconvenience and dread. So, at least the inconvenience and dread is now out of the way.

Today's workout was a short one b/c I was tired and wanted to make sure I was showered, dressed and ready for whenever the plumbers come

Ellen - Gentle Barre

I hope to add something else on today - depending on when the plumbers leave

I see Beth - Trifecta is opening up her membership. I'm going to hold off though - i think her site is great, but I am not sure how much I would focus on it and it is expensive. I also still have Jessica Valent for another 6 months. Maybe after my membership in Jessica's site ends I'll join Trifecta.

I see Robin Long/The Balanced Life is offering a free 7 day trial. I may join for 7 days - I'm not sure how much I would use her stuff regularly and her site is also not cheap!

I like that there are some instructors on You Tube who are doing a monthly calendar for a small fee - Caroline Jordan does that - for $10 a month you can join her Patreon and get access to a monthly calendar. I think Angie Fitness TV does that as well for $3. Honestly, the reason I like membership sites so much is the calendar - it makes it easier for me to decide what to do. I also like that w/ these You Tube/Patreon programs they are always open and you can drop in and drop out as often as you like. I really dislike the sites that close memberships for a period of time - I just don't get it! I really don't believe it serves the client/customer better - I think it is to get people to subscribe for fear of missing out.

Diane - I'm glad Christopher is doing well.

Anyway -hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
Old 01-05-22, 09:09 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Advent Calendar Day 19, Low Impact for Healthy Weight Loss
~ Kate Vantucci Yoga Neck Release
~ 5,921 steps

The yoga was super gentle, and the workout short, but I was very tired all day and am proud of myself for accomplishing that. I found Kate to be a bit of a hoot, and liked the interesting use of the yoga strap. Bonus: my neck and traps feel quite relaxed today, and I'm not wearing my shoulders for earrings.

Donna, good news about the plumbing. Good luck with the remainder of the job.

Pam, I love lunar flows too. Hmm, I should get out Shiva's Lunar Flow for the sadhana.

Sending hugs to Summer Breeze, Diane and Christopher.
Old 01-05-22, 05:00 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi there!

So, I've caught up on sleep, Chris is feeling better, and I'm on track with my workouts.

Gymbox Step - 30 minutes.
Bad Yogi's I Am Yoga Challenge - today's mantra was PEACEFUL

This afternoon I did Mark Lauren's Mobility RX, workout 1. Oh.....My.....Goodness.... this was tough but in a good way. Four exercises performed 5 times, 3 rounds. Very, very different movements but I have a feeling this is going to be something I will keep returning to. I'll know when I wake up tomorrow!

Pat - I decided to pass on Margaret's sale this time around. She'll have another soon enough. I have enough Body Electrics that I recorded on VHS a million years ago and converted to DVD plus I have all her programs. I just didn't want to commit for a year. Six months at a time is more my speed! Christopher says thank you for the hugs!

Pam - I'm definitely going to check out Essentrics and Classical Stretch. After doing a mobility workout this afternoon, I'm intrigued at what these types of exercises can do for my aging bones!

Donna - Glad your plumbing went well. It's always nerve wracking to have work done in the house. I'm so tempted by so many sites but the cost of memberships is too much. I know myself - I get all excited about something but get bored and move along and then swing back. I'm not very cost effective in that way!

Hi Summer Breeze! Hope all is well!

That's about it for now - until tomorrow! Have a wonderful evening, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga