Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-24-22, 08:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I did hit the nursery for some herbs, annuals and succulents. I was very good and actually worked in the garden, too! Mostly cleaning and pruning but three plants made it into the ground, too.

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 23
~ Gardening
~ My own stretch
~ 6,669 steps

Cyana, oh no about the fleas. Good luck with Raccoon Man. Sad news about Bob.

Pam, good to hear you are enjoying the new Jessica set. Bellyfit is a great way to warm up!

Beth, I'm glad your move went well. Good luck settling in and making the space yours. Yes, there are two cams up this year! In fact I saw the first chick on the West River nest hatch yesterday!

West River cam
Milford Point cam (this one has been having problems and goes offline a lot)

Good morning Paine, Sandra, Margot and anyone else who visits!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 10:33 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cathe XTrain: Legs (Floor & Stretch); Bonus Barre segment

In my notes from years ago I had written that Cathe's Bonus Barre segment was easy. Well, it wasn't easy today (damnit)!

You have probably seen this simple life expectancy test on YouTube (pasted below). I can sit down easily but it's the sit-to-rise test that is more challenging for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWyR...ab_channel=BBC

Pam, I'm so glad you are healing and much improved compared to how you were a few months ago!

Beth, that plant identification feature came on my iPhone (it's not an app). My daughter has a newer version of iPhone and she told me about it so your iPhone should have it too.

Cyana, ah that's sad about Bob having ataxia. It's nice his daughter can help him.
Yucky about the fleas!
Wow I didn't know my iPhone has a feature to identify items being sold at estate sales!
Thank you for the YouTube links.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 11:01 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, is this what you use? It looks like you can identify other things too, like dog breeds:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213088
(Btw, my iphone is not one of the newer larger models - it's the smaller iphone SE that was released in 2020.)

Pat, thanks for the cam links! I'm going to check them out again.

cyana, that is sad about Bob from B&B. I started watching the video but got waylaid; sounds like he's doing okay though. Oh no about the fleas! Hope kitty is okay, and hope you get better sleep tonight.

Pam, yes, I like the fruity beers and the sours that are a sweet/sour mix - I'm definitely not a beer purist, LOL!

Sandra, glad you were able to find some programs from your new set that you liked.

Happy Tuesday all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 11:21 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Cyana - That is sad about Bob! Good luck with the fleas and the raccoons. Do you have carpet in your home? I know fleas can get into carpets, especially wall to wall. I forgot to comment on the dill pickle hummus. I add a little pickle juice to my regular recipe and pulse in some finely diced dills at the end so it’s a bit chunky.

Beth - I’m a bit of a beer purist, lol, not a fan of the old style lagers at all. Craft breweries abound out here with some very inventive combinations.

Paine - I can’t imagine anything of Cathe’s being easy! I’ve seen that life expectancy test before. Like you, I can sit down easily but the sit to rise is more difficult.

Back later with my workouts….

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 12:48 PM  
Garrie A.

Happy Tuesday!

Here was last week for me:

Sunday:
Caroline Girvan Iron Series Day 1 (Legs)

Monday:
CG Iron Series Day 2 (Upper Body)

Tuesday:
Ruth McGinnis Hot Country Step (VHS from 1993)

Wednesday:
Rest day (my ex-SO took me out for birthday dinner)

Thursday:
CG Iron Series Day 3 (Glutes)

Friday:
Unplanned rest day

Saturday:
Jackie Warner Xtreme Timesaver Training (I bought this back in 2018 and tried it for the first time. It was ok but I have other workouts that I like better. )

Last week I decided to pre-order Jessica's Strong + Centered series (the whole enchilada plus the bonus stretch DVD). Since not many trainers make DVDs anymore, I decided to get them to support Jessica. Plus, since it will probably be a long while before Cathe does the preorders for STS 2.0 I decided to treat myself to the new Jessica's. Not just because it was my birthday week, either... Until now, her workouts were never really on my radar (not sure why either). But I'm always on the lookout for new strength workouts, and the fusion workout with the gliding discs will hopefully give me some ideas to use during barre classes. Best news...they are out for delivery today!

I'll be back to chat later. Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 01:09 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, yes, that's the feature I use on my iPhone. That's cool it identifies other things!

Cyana, Pam is right about fleas getting into wall to wall carpet. You might have to get your house treated to get rid of fleas in your house.

Hi Garrie!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 03:09 PM  
cyana

The Raccoon Man (actually men - 3 guys were here) just left. OMG. I hate raccoons along with squirrels, chipmunks and rats, but raccoons are solidly in first place. You should see the flipping hole that turd (trying to keep it G-rated) chewed in our roof!!!

Pam and Paine - We only have carpet in our bedroom. We've already discussed potentially getting it steam cleaned and frequent vacuuming, using the crevice tool around the edges, etc. We decided to cancel the vet appointment for tomorrow and perform some do-it-yourself mitigation measures first since the cat is scratching less (although we have to stay on the daily flea combing for the time being). I've been researching pest control options, trying to figure out what is least toxic. This is going to be an ongoing process.

Pam - Thanks for the info on the dill pickle hummus. Confession: I have been known to drink the pickle juice that remains after all the pickles are eaten. I typically buy the Woodstock Organics baby kosher dills.

Waves to ALL. Eating an early light dinner so I can work out later.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 04:56 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: Sandra's Upper Body Premix from Margaret Richard's Beauty To the Bone.

Cyana: Sorry to hear about the flea situation. I've been there. When I lived in San Francisco back in the early 1980s, I had one cat who would occasionally get fleas even though she was strictly indoors. There were no topicals then -- I had to flea-bomb my apartment and take her to the vet for a flea bath! When you comb out fleas, another way to kill them is to squish them between your fingernails. Makes this little *snap* noise. Maybe gross, but sort of satisfying.

Garrie: Let us know how you like Jessica! I honestly think she is the best all-around video instructor out there.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 08:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Back to post my day…
~taught Essentrics
~yin yoga class by the fire

I have an aging disgracefully story, lol I was practicing the stand to sit & sit to stand in the video Paine posted. I was able to do it fairly well, but I tweaked my right knee in the process. It’s so often something seemingly innocuous that puts something out of place.

Hi Garrie! I hope you enjoy Jessica’s new set, you must report back with some reviews!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 08:36 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Aww, Pam, sorry that the sit/stand test caused a knee tweak.

Pat & cyana - I saw Dad(?) come back to the nest with a big fish, and then DH and I (I sent him the link while I was at work) watched the parents feed the chick.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote