Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-08-20, 01:14 PM  
donnamp

Dana - yes, that is about it! I think the flexibility of her schedule helps me to stay consistent w/ her workouts.

I bet she does have a special for New Year's!

If you like her You Tube workouts you will probably like her Unlimited Workouts. Many times, she puts a shorter version of the Unlimited Workout up on You Tube.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 06:22 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

The Firm - Body Sculpt Blaster - 33 minutes

A blast from the past with Nancy! I used a significantly lower step height than the Firm ladies . I was fairly sweaty when I finished - not as sweaty as yesterday's workout with Cathe, but sweaty nonetheless.

Dana - I much prefer the LITE Metabolic Blast workout over the ICE metabolic workout. LITE is much more fun, and is more intermediate. I always thought that Cathe hadn't quite figured out the meaning of "intermediate" when she filmed ICE, but she has gotten better since then. I like all of the LITE workouts much better than the ICE workouts.

Donna - Nice job with your workouts! How did the horse show go?

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 08:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Pahla B - 30 Min Weights Workout for Women over 50 - this was done circuit style, 2 circuits completed 3X through. Upper Body - Lower Body - Abs. For the standing abs work I did leave the weights out - too risky to be twisting and turning w/ weights in my hands. Pahla must have a strong core!

Trifecta Pilates - Release and Ease Stretches - just what it sounds like, LOL!

If I can renew Trifecta for the discounted price I got for this year, I may keep it for 2021. If I have to pay the full price, I won't. I do find her shorter stuff nice to fit into my routines and for when I'm in the mood for something longer, I generally enjoy her workouts. She also uses a variety of props to keep things interesting.

Yesterday I walked my doggie and then spent the rest of the day at the horse show.

I hope to walk my dog again today!

Carol - nice job. A FiRM 6 Pack rotation sounds like a nice option for the future. The horse show as a long day - it was at her barn and they had a lot of "fun" activities going on besides the show - like costumes and games - it was meant to be for Halloween. the horse she leases is popular, so she had to share him and by the time they got to her event he was tired and moody. She really wants to buy him and they said they would sell him to her once they replaced him in the school program. I guess we'll see what happens. He is definitely good for her mental health and keeping her busy, outside, off the internet, etc. Can't argue with that.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Donna
Old 11-09-20, 11:23 AM  
fanofladyvols

Yesterday was hopefully the last chapter of planting, weeding, trimming bushes and moving plants for this week. I tried to spread it all out for the week but yesterday was several hours and I'm still tired today. Workout today was Element Pilates Targeted toning for beginners waistline segment plus S90 Cardio challenge. Maybe it was the ocean view in element but I managed to get enough giddy up for the rest.

Good news is that my dishwasher..which apparently traveled here on a wooden raft guided by a pole, has arrived! Not sure when it will actually get installed..but I have hope it will actually be running by Thanksgiving.. woohoo!!

Dana and Carol you have convinced me that the LITE cardio will be in my next round of Cathe purchases. I still look forward to any other thoughts you have Dana as you do more of them.

Donna when we did 4H and we had farm days ,as good as it was for kids who never have any interaction with animals from the inner city, our animals were so very exhausted. Lol, so were we!!

Carol you are reminding me how much I miss doing FIRM. Nice to know they are waiting for me when I am ready to go all nostalgic again. I may call it my retro rotation even though everything I have been doing lately is actually older.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 06:54 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

Ellen Barrett - Superfast Body Blast - 30 minutes

I wanted a little fusion-style cardio and Ellen fit the bill perfectly.

Linda - Good job! I love the view in those Element videos. I wish they would make new workouts in that series, but I don't think that's going to happen. I am a DVD-loving dinosaur! I really think Cathe did a good job on the LITE series, unless you want something that will make you puke then you should buy something else. the Bodyweight and Bands DVD in that set is probably my least favorite of the bunch, but that's because it's so tough. I also think the Perfect 30: Perfect Pump DVD would be a good buy.

Donna - Nice job with Pahla's workout, and good decision to drop the weights for the core work. I think Pahla is pretty strong all over. Glad the horse show event was fun. When I was growing up - younger than your daughter - I had a horse and he was one of my best friends back then, seriously.

Did everyone see that Jessica Valant is having a 10 for 10 Pilates event starting next week? Maybe that will be what I need to get me motivated again pilates-wise.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 11-10-20, 07:35 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post

Did everyone see that Jessica Valant is having a 10 for 10 Pilates event starting next week? Maybe that will be what I need to get me motivated again pilates-wise.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Good morning!

I was up very late Last night taking care of stuff and have to be at work very early today. I don't have time to work out.

Carol, I plan to do Jessica's 10 for 10 challenge because I'm still undecided if I want to sign up for her membership at the end of the year. I find that if I do pilates regularly, my body feels better and I have less aches and pains, so this "event" should help me decide.

As much as I like Cathe, her workouts leave me aching for days. Even ICE and LITE feel more advanced to me then intermediate. Maybe something gentler is where I should be at these days. I'm waiting to see what Jessica Smith comes out with.

Waving hi to all!
Old 11-10-20, 08:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I did get out for a walk - the weather is too nice to pass up the opportunity to get out. I think today will be nice as well and then rain for a few days.

This morning I did:

Ellen Barrett - Total Body Tune Up

Pahla's mini challenge called for an active rest day and while the workout she had scheduled looked good, I did find myself missing Ellen this morning.

I did see Jessica V's announcement of her 10 in 10 challenge. I will definitely be joining in.

Carol - so funny, we both got the Ellen bug! Now, does this turn into an Ellen week for me? Not sure yet...LOL!

Dana - I hear you, I just can't bring myself to do workouts that wear me out these days.

Linda - those Element Pilates and Yoga DVDs are so nice to do - can't beat the scenery either.

Waves, everyone.

Donna
Old 11-10-20, 11:25 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post

Carol
Carol
How do you participate? Is this a facebook thing?

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 11-10-20, 04:16 PM  
fanofladyvols

Today's workout was Element Pilates Targeted toning lower body plus Bum bum live.

Donna it's unseasonably warm here but I'm not complaining! I wished I hadn't taken so long to be curious about the element Pilates ...they're great!

Dana I'm sorry the Cathe workouts make you achy...that's no bueno.

Elbow taps all around!!

Old 11-10-20, 08:08 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Erin O'Brien - Strong Body, Ageless Body - 40 minutes

This is pretty straight-forward weight work - about 20 minutes standing and 20 minutes of floor work, with a brief stretch at the end. Erin is a little quirky and the video is filmed with that "artsy" approach similar to Tracie Effinger's videos - black and white scenes interspersed with the main photography. Not a bad workout.

I added on

10 Minute Solutions - Slim & Sculpt Pilates - Lower Body & Pilates for Flexibility - 20 minutes

This one was led by Suzanne Bowen and uses a resistance band. It moves fairly quickly, but not at a ridiculous pace.

Linda - I'm not sure about Jessica's 10 for 10 series - I'm assuming we'll see something about it next week and can sign up.

Donna - that's one of the Ellen workouts I haven't ever done. How was it? Similar to her other 45 minute cardio workouts?

Dana - I can't do a steady diet of Cathe, and I keep my weights pretty darn light. Some of the stuff I still have to modify - like tricep dips. Those aren't happening in my world.

Carol