Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-22-20, 09:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I missed checking yesterday...it was:

Outdoor walk w/ my DD

Trifecta Pilates - Dynamic Pilates routine - my subscription ends at the end of the year, I got a good deal on the yearly price last year and I'm waffling on whether or not to continue my subscription. On the one hand, if i renew, I get to keep my special pricing and when I do her workouts I do enjoy them - particularly the ones that use a variety of equipment (like the one I did yesterday which included a resistance band, mini ball, ring and looped resistance band). But, I don't often reach for her workouts -mainly b/c of length - the one I did yesterday was an hour long. So...on the fence!

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - Walking w/ Weights for Women of a Certain Age - this is Pahla's "birthday" workout - it was pretty much her usual fare of chattiness and walking (30 seconds) alternated w/ another exercise (30 seconds).

Jessica Valent - 10 Min Pilates Challenge - Cardio Pilates and Pilates for Arms

I may walk later - it is cloudy, but not supposed to rain. My DD likes to/needs to get out of the house so we go!

My foot is not really better, but not worse either - so I'm wondering if this is just going to take time. I guess technically I should probably try to rest more....

Agreed about the COVID holiday blues. This is also a difficult year for me b/c my mom passed away in May. Our relationship was odd at times so there are a lot of mixed feelings associated with just about everything. But is it going to be very strange to not have her here for Thanksgiving - as much as it sometimes was a bit stress inducing. It will just be the three of us - me, DH and DD. My DH is going to cook the turkey b/c he wants it - but honestly, I don't care - I can happily just treat it as a day off from work and just relax this year. But my DH likes the food and leftovers. We're not doing as much as we did in the past though, keeping it on the simpler side.

Oh - and since the pandemic, I have been "treating" myself way too often w/ sweets and carbs. I try not to go overboard, but it is still more than I did in pre-pandemic times.

Hope everyone is enjoying there day as best we can....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 09:32 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

I finally got myself motivated to do MR yesterday and I couldn't get the videos to load on the streaming site! I tried all kinds of workarounds, I spent a ridiculous amount of time on it to no avail. At that point, after maybe 45 minutes, I just lost my desire to workout. I just tried before to get to the streaming videos and it wasn't working.
I have no idea what the problem is.

Anyway I am planning a walk today and if I can't get the streaming to work, I'll quickly cut my losses and hopefully do a dvd instead.

PAT, I hope the beach walk was a good one!

ROSE, yes it is a slump time of year it seems. I am a carboholic so I understand that desire. I lost a lot of weight several years ago restricting carbs but it just wasn't a sustainable way for me to eat long term. I just try to control my portions with them with varying degrees of success. Yes my sister will be facetiming with her family but as you say it's not the same.

Hi DONNA. ETA - We were posting at the same time. I'm sorry about the loss of your mom. A quiet simple Thanksgiving sounds lovely.

Have a great day everyone!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 12:11 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I ended up having the most fabulous 1.5 mile walk at the beach. It was perfect walking temperature, and I got to see a lot of shore birds. The best was watching a pair of ducks bobbing along and skimming for fish near the surface. A seagull flew down and stole a fish right out of a duck's mouth!! Then the thief sat on a rock right near me and ate it.

VF'er Sherry 7899 sent me her Petrone balls and I began getting acquainted with them. I like them a lot and look forward to exploring more.

Summer Breeze that totally stinks about the MR streaming problems.

Donna, sending {{{hugs}}}. This holiday season is hard enough, but having that empty space is painful.

Sending {{{hugs}}} your way too, Rose. I understand about the usual exercise not lifting your mood so much. Especially when it's so hard to force yourself to do it in the first place!

I've been blogging about this holiday season of COVID. Maybe I'll share when it's done.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 08:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR #1013
54 minute outdoor walk

I finally got the streaming site to work. I saw on MR's FB page that a lot of people were having trouble with the streaming on Saturday. Apparently she said it was a new website and they were working the kinks out. Anyway, I am planning a walk today if/when the rain stops. I'm meeting some friends for an early dinner later so not sure if I'll fit in any other workout.

#1013 started with pectorals (they did push ups, I did flyes and presses), biceps, triceps, standing hamstrings (I used ankle weights) and standing gluteals. Overall a good one.

PAT, what a fascinating beach walk! I would love to read your blog.

Hi to DONNA & ROSE.

Have a great day!
Old 11-23-20, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was - back to Pahla:

Low Impact Cardio & Dynamic Weights - this was kettleblell inspired and I got quite sweaty from it!

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Morning Yin Stretch - which was perfect after Pahla's workout.

Yesterday my DD and i walked - so that was good - I got my steps in.

Pat - sounds like a nice walk! And I would love to read your blog!

Summer Breeze - glad the streaming site started working...I hate when you can't access something you paid for....grr...

Waves, Gypsy Rose!

Thank you for your thoughts about my mom...

Donna
Old 11-23-20, 09:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Got some weights in yesterday, hit the gym for:

~ 10 minutes recumbent bike
~ cable stack PT
~ 50 box climbs
~ weight machines for all the parts
~ stretched out on Petrone balls and inverted

Hoo-whee it's raining cats and dogs here. Better than snow!

Summer Breeze good news that the streaming issue is resolved - sounds like Margaret is improving on it - we hope? I hope you had a nice dinner.

Donna, I've been meaning to try that Morning Yin Stretch - thanks for reporting on it.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 08:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Quick post:

Natalie Spadaccino - Sculpt & Flow - this is a new on on Ellen's streaming site,Natalie has been a guest instructor previously and released a few DVDs of her own. Her style is like Ellen's but she often incorporates a lot of balance movements into her workouts and this one was no exception.

Jessica Valent - Strong and Fun Pilates Routine - this one was enjoyable, it moved at a good pace which is what i like about Jessica's routines! The pace works for me, it isn't so slow that I'm watching the clock, but not so fast that my form suffers.

Pat - i enjoyed Kassandra's routine very much - I am finding my sweet spot w/ yin!!

Hope everyone has a good day - sorry for the quick post, it is one of those mornings here.

Donna
Old 11-24-20, 09:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

I probably could have added something on but I just wasn't feeling it. So today I am planning a walk and possibly an add-on.
The dinner with friends was fun and may be the last one for awhile the way things are going.

DONNA, you're keeping up with a nice variety of workouts.

PAT, nice gym workout. Not looking forward to snow that's for sure.

Hi ROSE.

Have a great day!
Old 11-24-20, 07:32 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Oh, sorry for checking out of our check-in this past week

I haven't been exercising at all except for some house walking.

Summer Breeze Margaret's website is touchy though I never lost videos like you did.Glad she fixed it.

Pat Let us know how you use the Petrone balls. That was a nice gift!

Donna Thanksgiving with your DH & DD sounds lovely. I'm sorry about the loss of your Mom this year. This time of year can bring up such a mix of emotions.

On youtube, fabulous50s posted this and I copied it to share:
https://www.youtube.com/post/UgyFX70Eidjy6NlumjR4AaABCQ
"When we go through the darkest of days, we deepen, strengthen and become more than we were before. We get through it because we are strong. We become wise. And if we can appreciate the transition, and let go of any bitterness, over time...We become great.

In my experience, the most interesting and extraordinary women are those who have experienced loss, hardships, heartbreak and adversity. Those who had no option but to figure it out, and then come out the other side to find joy and purpose. I don’t really think you can be the whole you, the evolving and compassionate you, if you have led an easy, perfect and always joyful life."

This is my favorite comment:
SM
Tough times never last. Tough people do

Rose
I think I will do some of her workouts tonight!
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 08:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !

Yesterday was:

52 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings after dinner

I am planning a walk today and possibly an MR. I'll see how it goes.

ROSE, house walking is better than nothing for sure. Thanks for the link to Fabulous 50s quote. Very true. I've tried a workout of hers, it was enjoyable.

Hi to PAT & DONNA.

Have a great day everyone!

Tags
bobandbrad