Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-23-17, 06:11 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Steezy - Online Dance Classes

I posted the link to this site in a response on another thread, but I thought I'd post it here for all the dancers out there

I came across this website recently and it's amazing!! https://www.steezy.co/invite/zraipel

Step by step dance tutorials like you're in a dance class. And they aren't just a few minutes long, they are full length classes. They also show views from the front and back. Lots of different styles and all skill levels. Best subscription site I've found for my money ($20/month). It may seem steep for some people, but it's exactly what I was looking for, and they have a lot of content. They do offer a free 1 week trial. If you happen to sign up and use that link I posted, you'll get half off your first month

I found this when I was fruitlessly searching for live hip hop choreography classes for adults in my area. This is definitely the best alternative, and possibly even better due to the variety available. Unless you live in a big city, like L.A. or New York, where these types of classes are readily available, most of what's out there is geared towards kids, or are more Zumba-ish in nature (which is fun, but I have been really wanting to do more choreography lately).
Old 12-24-17, 08:45 PM  
Scorpio6

It's all urban dance, there's no tap, jazz, or ballet.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-17, 08:50 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
It's all urban dance, there's no tap, jazz, or ballet.
Right, sorry, I should have specified that in my description. It's various types of urban/hip hop dancing (including house, popping, krump, locking), which is what I had been looking for. Just wanted to pass it along! I know there are others on here that enjoy choreographed hip hop as well
Old 12-24-17, 10:01 PM  
carly

Thanks for the recommendation zraipel. I plan on working the free trial into my January rotation! I like that they have identified beginner, intermediate and advanced dance options. $20/month is definitely reasonable if I like the dance instruction and classes.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 06:39 PM  
cmiyachi

Wow - this looks really fun! Thanks for the link!

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 10:32 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

****OLD THREAD ALERT****

I am considering signing up for online dance classes and Steezy was one that caught my eye. Does anyone have any recent experience with this company?

I was supposed to have started a nearby hip-hop dance class last week, and in its place I have been trying to learn a Madonna Grimes Evolution DVD. I almost have the choreography down, but am missing some of the "flair" that goes along with it. I thought online classes might be a good addition.

I tend to very uncoordinated at the best of times, so I like the idea of learning at home and at my own pace.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steezy