Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-27-20, 09:24 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Okay, now that I've been checking out exercise equipment...I didn't order a bike....YET. DH is already going to have a cow when he sees another piece of exercise equipment sitting at my doorstep on Sunday, LOL.

Instead of getting a bike, I got an Upright Row 'n Ride by Sunny Health to help shape and lift my rear end! I figured I could put it in living room while watching TV. I looked at a lot of bikes and thought maybe the Row 'n Ride would be a little more versatile. I already sit too much at my desk, so didn't think I needed more sitting equipment...for now. But, maybe down the road.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-20, 07:50 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today is a rest day on the schedule, but I'll probably ride my stationary bike and do a walking workout at some point.

Donna, Colleges knew full well that if they reopened, this would happen, but they did it anyway because they didn't want to lose the revenue from room and board, so it's a chance they were willing to take. I really think if I had kids that age, I'd advise them to do what your DD is considering and what Sherry's DD is doing. Why send them and pay all that money when it will be an abnormal experience anyway?

Pam and Sherry, enjoy your new purchases!
Old 08-28-20, 07:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was back to Pahla today -

35 Minute Low Impact Body Weight Metcon for Women over 50 - Pahla always surprises me - her workouts don't look very difficult when you watch them, but they do end up being sneaky. This was 30 seconds cardio/60 min body weight strength w/ balance challenges.

Blessful Body - Gentle Pilates for Lower Back and Hip Tension

Yesterday I ended up taking 2 walks, so got a good number of steps in.

I think I'm going to do Pahla's September challenge, but I may not start when she does - if she releases the workouts too late in the morning (she is in CA so three hours behind me - and I like to get my main workout done before work), I think I will just start a week behind her.. we'll see.

Pam - now I'm curious and going to check that out. I would love a spin bike and a Pilates reformer - no space though!

Sherry - My DD sometimes stops for drinks on the way home from work for us- it is nice when she does that! I half hope she ends up living at home and going to community college for 1 -2 years before going away. While she is mature about some things, she is not about other things (and I suppose that is true about all kids her age) and I think w/ the challenges faced the past year or two w/ her mental health in H.S.I would feel better having her close to home w/ some more time to "grow up" so to speak. If that makes sense? I remember reading somewhere that kids today at age 18 have the mental maturity of kids of my generation at age 14. It is funny b/c I feel that we both shelter our kids too much (I had much more freedom at an early age) and put too much pressure on them (you have to excel at xyz, you have to have your life figured out by 7th grade, etc.). It is a weird dynamic. I also read somewhere that H.S. seniors today socialize w/ each other less than 8th graders of a few years ago - again we shelter them but they have access to so much via the internet/social media that we have little control over. Very strange dynamic in the world today.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-20, 07:53 AM  
donnamp

wishiwasinhawaii - I agree - 100%!!
Old 08-28-20, 03:07 PM  
CabCalloway

Hi All,

I am thankful my DS still has one last semester at the Community College, which is still "virtual". He enjoyed the online learning more than in-class, and got all A's last semester. I too see the maturity issue, and with young men it's more pronounced. He's aiming to transfer to a state uni in the spring, so who knows if that'll be virtual too. At least it's close enough that he can commute and he can, as donnamp was alluding to, mature more at home.

Oh and we got our (crazy expensive) adaptive motion elliptical delivered today. We were uncomfortable with our local YMCA's policing of social distancing and mask wearing, so we suspended our membership and bought a device that we'd normally use at the gym. Looking forward to exercise at my leisure.

Waves to all,
CabC
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-20, 03:24 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Changing up my routine today with the FIRMs Lisa Kay's Lower Body Sculpt l. I about died doing all those step ups or leg presses. It was fun to use the FannyLifter for its intended purpose. I also added Step Aerobics with Gilad's basic choreography. I'm a sweaty mess and need to set up a fan in my workout room now.

Have a good day!

Current Rotation:
Old 08-28-20, 08:30 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's 20 Minute Total Body Resistance Band Workout. I've been feeling tired this week, so mostly did short workouts. Last night I did the 15 Minute relaxation yoga from the Yoga Fusion dvd. It must have relaxed me, because I slept pretty good.

The bike isn't assembled yet. DH has been working long hours, and I didn't get around to it today. I think I'll try it myself tomorrow.

Pam, I've never heard of the Row N Ride. It looks like it would be pretty effective. I think I had something similar back in the 90's, but it didn't do squats, you just pushed back and forth with your legs. Unfortunately, I didn't stick with it and got rid of it. Now I wish I had kept it. Lol about your dh, I can relate. I have a Fanny Lifter I found at the thrift store. It's what I use for Jessica step workouts.

wishiwasinhawaii, thanks! I hope to be riding it soon.

Donna, so true about the dynamic nowadays. My dd seems more mature than I was at her age in some ways, and less mature in others. I worry about it sometimes, but I'm trying to be positive. I'm sure they will adapt and figure it out. I am glad my dd is still at home, and that she wants to be here.

CabC, that's encouraging to hear about your son. Congrats to him for all A's! Our university is very close to us, about seven miles away. I'm hoping my dd can transfer there, and still live at home. I've never heard of that type of elliptical, but it sounds effective. I'm sure it's a smart move to work out at home right now. They are opening our gyms up again, but require masks. I don't think I could wear a mask while working out, I can't even imagine!
Old 08-29-20, 09:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

In the spirit of my inability to settle on any one thing, this morning I did:

Kathy Smith - Project You - Cardio -Foundations
Kathy Smith - Pilates for Abs

Both were enjoyable workouts - the Pilates focused on the traditional exercises/sequencing.

The cardio was fun to re-visit, too.

Who knows what I will do tomorrow, LOL!

I'm not sure if I will do Pahla's challenge or not, I'll play it by ear. It partially depends on what time she releases the workouts. I prefer to get my workout done in the morning before work. Interestingly, my lower body is pretty sore from the workout I did w/ Pahla yesterday. Those balance moves must work or something, LOL!

Pam - wow! I used to really love those FIRM workouts. And, Gilad's step is a classic. If I end up doing some type of Project You rotation, I may alternate Kathy Smith w/ Gilad's Quick Fit....I seem to be in the mood for retro-workouts these days.

CabC - nice elliptical - I would like to get more equipment - but we are out of space!!! Maybe if the TM breaks...but then I think I would like a Pilates reformer and a spin bike..... My DD changed a lot over the summer - in a way, the whole quarantine may have been for the best b/c I think it got her out of school which was a source of anxiety for her. She got her license, and a job and that has all been good for her. She also completely changed her mind about what she wants to do re: college. Last year at this time it was art school in Florida now it is staying more local and maybe studying biology.

Sherry - good job w/ your workout. It was a tiring week....

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Waves, everyone...not sure what to do today - overcast, cloudy/rainy. I guess some house chores...maybe some reading...

Take care,

Donna
Old 08-29-20, 12:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did another of Tina Smalley's Pink FIRM workouts (Fat Burning Sculpting Ball) as well as Gina B's YouTube Soul Sessions Dance Walk today. Great music from Soul Sessions!

Have a good weekend!

Current Rotation:
Old 08-30-20, 10:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think I am going to go w/ Pahla's challenge that is officially starting tomorrow but began today w/ a walk/run. I have been mostly following Pahla's body shaping playlists each week and this will have the same structure for the most part.

Anyway, today I did:

Pahla B - 25 Min Barefoot Balance & Strength workout - I ended up really feeling Friday's workout which was very balance intensive, so I decided to do this one today. It was a simple workout - only 4 or 5 exercises, no cardio. But, it had a unique challenge to it.

Pahla B - Day 0 of the Body Shaping Challenge - this was a run/walk - which I did as all walking on the treadmill. This was basically her intro to the program and what to expect coming up over the next 28 days.

I was going to do some yoga - but for some reason, for the past year or so, I just can't get into yoga. I have no idea why - I did it regularly for years and years - but now I just can't get into it. So, I may do some stretching later and a walk w/ DD.

Pam - I don't think I have done that one from Gina on You Tube. I'm thinking of doing Gina's "Decades" walks on the Sunday Runday days on Pahla's challenge. Either that or maybe I will use my bike for the running days - not sure....I would love to run but I don't think my joints can handle it.

Waves, everyone!

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong