Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-20-20, 11:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

My Thanksgiving dilemma is solved. DS plans to visit for one of our nature lovers walks, but said he will not enter the house out of fear of infecting the old geezers. He suggested we eat outside and I'm not down for that - walking all bundled up is one thing, trying to balance a plate on my lap in 45 degrees is another!

I found a local restaurant that is offering their regular menu items as boxed meals to go. I can pick them up Wednesday evening. This way I can hand a box out the door to DS and we can chat until it gets too cold. Each of us can order our preference, I get to relax and everyone is satisfied.

What a relief. This COVID thing - even figuring out a small detail like that feels like a huge weight off your shoulders.

Beth - I am glad you are having a smoother week.

Sherry, good job getting your cardio in!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 11:48 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yin Yoga Hips with Travis Eliot (60 minute class streamed from Travis website)
Essentrics

Early this morning I did a Yin Yoga Hips class with Travis Eliot and after that I did some Essentrics. The Travis class was a free one you had to sign up for and have the link emailed to you. I liked it and his voice didn't make me feel like I need antidepressants (LOL!). Maybe I'm used to his voice now but it didn't bother me in his Yin practice that I did today. Have any of you signed up for online Yin Yoga streaming with Travis? It's pretty pricey.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 09:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Well we have more restrictive measures in place as of last night, not unexpected. No one other than your household should be in your home. So we have of course canceled our weekend visit with DS1 & family. We will meet them at the beach tomorrow to give our little Junie her birthday gifts & have an outdoor visit. Our cases are quite low, but across the Salish sea on the mainland around Vancouver it’s been getting worse so the measures are province wide. Our medical officer wants to tighten things up to hopefully prevent them from getting really bad.

Today’s workouts:
~6 km walk
~Hatha Yoga class on google - This is a virtual offering from one of my favourite studios in Victoria. I also did some gentle B&B exercises & stretches after.
~Steps: 10,936

Paine - i did a yin practice of Travis’s several years ago & I remember it being quite nice. I’m not into pricey streaming, some sites are so expensive! I might bite on a year yoga or walking subscription if there’s a good Black Friday deal.

Pat - We are planning to meet DS2 & DIL next weekend for a nature hike weather permitting. Ordering a prepared meal sounds like a good option.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 11:09 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Last night I finally did a longer yin practice from Norman Blair that I had saved to my Watch Later list for awhile. I liked it, although the sound wasn't great (not just low but echo-y), so I think I missed a lot of his wisdom.

I decided not to go to yoga class this morning because I didn't want to get up early! Also, I think I'm going to go to the candlelight class that's after mine again this Tuesday (I'm off on Wednesday). Today I want to do The Bar Method, as I haven't pulled that out in a long time.

Happy Saturday!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 12:16 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday! It's so beautiful here. Beach is on my agenda before the groceries, for sure.

Last night I checked off my monthly "dump it or keep it" box with Bernadette Giorgi's Attitude Tu. Haven't done it in ages, and decided it's a keeper. There was only one segment I bailed on that felt very clumsy with the band. I also made myself go for a walk on my lunch break, a little over a mile, and got over 8,000 steps for the day.

My work sneakers bit the dust so I ordered these crazy looking Skechers Arch-Fit shoes. Hopefully they'll be wide enough in the toes.

Pam, it sounds like you're making the best of the situation. Having a beach nearby just makes everything better. Stay safe.

Beth, who could blame you for sleeping in a little?

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Old 11-21-20, 02:22 PM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Happy Saturday! It's so beautiful here. Beach is on my agenda before the groceries, for sure.
Pat - I will never be a candidate for any political office, but wholeheartedly endorse your position on this important issue - beach before groceries!!! Now if I just lived closer to the beach, I'd be in business. It's a beautiful day here, too, so even though I can't go to the beach, I'm going to head out for a walk this afternoon and take advantage of the sunshine and stock up on Mother Nature's Vitamin D. Let us know how you like the new shoes. I desperately need a new pair and I'm such a Princess and the Pea when it comes to shoes that I usually wait far too long to get a new pair.

Sandra - I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the Mobility Basics work-out. LOL at your quick thinking to tell the officer who pulled you over that you were heading to your job at a law office! I really enjoy 360 Abs - that work-out flies by for me. I haven't done a Jessica DVD in ages....perhaps 360 Abs needs to go on the list. I sure the recent rains extinguished any remaining fires.

Pam - Interesting link about gate control theory. Your DH is 100% on the money with the Whack a Mole analogy as pertains to dealing with the joys of aging body parts. I'm sorry to hear that Canada's COVID numbers are going up so quickly as you guys did a good job of managing things earlier in the year. You and I graduated the same year - do you still have a cap? I think I have a very yellowed one around here somewhere and have no clue when it last sat on top of my head, definitely not in this century, LOL! Nothing like accidentally stabbing yourself in the head with a pin while putting your cap on to wake you up!!! Happy Birthday to June.

Paine - Thanks for posting the link to the Maris yoga practice - I'll add that to my ever-expanding "want to try" list. And for the Ben Kim link, too. I'm bummed that it doesn't look like I'll be able to see my son and DIL for the holiday. They can get free COVID tests through their jobs, but were concerned they wouldn't get the results back in time and they are definitely wary of making the old geezers sick.

Linda
- I liked the 30 and 36 wildlife photos, also. You might be able to train a 36 in your neck of the woods since you're the critter whisperer! Hooray that your labs were good. Hoping you're feeling back to normal after the flu shot side effects. Speaking of hand sanitizer - DH and I bought a gallon jug of hand sanitizer some months back - at a local liquor store, no less - bottled by a regional distillery. Talk about adapting for the times. VitaCost definitely has the Enjoy Life brand, should you decide to look for Sherry's chocolate chips.

Beth - That's good that you had 4 students in class this week. I hope the yoga studios don't have to shut down again, even though I haven't been to a live class in over a year (hard to believe). I know the local studio owners have taken significant measures to protect their students. LOL on the rabbit PJ's. I hope your co-worker recovers quickly.

Sherry - It took me a long time to get my Vitamin D out of the crapper years ago when I first had it tested - hopefully you'll have better luck. So what are your thoughts on subscribing to Team Body Project?

Anny - I hadn't previously heard of The 10 Minute Man, but I'm all for body weight work-outs as well as being able to mix and match different segments to match my mood. File pull-ups as "only in my dreams", LOL! Hope your sons had a safe and uneventful trip back home after your get-together.

Carolyn
- Hope your SIL got good news at her doctor's appointment this week. How was your Trader Joe's haul? Did they have Brussels sprouts on the stalk? I love it when I find those - usually only around the holidays. I have to get lab work done next week, and I'm hoping to pop into TJ's on the way home, since there's one on the way. I hope to get some Cotijo cheese for a butternut squash and black bean taco recipe and TJ's is about half the price of what it costs at the Whole Wallet.

Garrie - Is your family going to get together for the holiday? I always love hearing what dishes you have, as it reminds me of growing up. Do you have any knitting projects planned, now that the weather is cooling off a bit?

Thanks to everyone for the condolences.

Need to get moving if I'm going to head out for a walk.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 02:47 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quick post - Sherry, I neglected to let you know my Petrone balls arrived yesterday. I leafed through the booklet and winged it with a few areas on my lower back and really like them! Thank you so much for your generosity.

Did you get them from the book area at BJ's? I used to see that kit there every week and talk myself out of buying it. That was a mistake!!!
Old 11-21-20, 02:56 PM  
sherry7899

Pat, I am glad it arrived so quickly! Enjoy! I bought it in Borders books. That tells you how long I had it!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 04:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, I miss Borders! DH and I grudgingly accepted B&N (and now that we haven't been anywhere I miss that too).

Pat, that's so awesome that you (and Pam!) can go to the beach. I'm just glad we have water available via the canal (although truth be told, we have a lot of lakes available too).

cyana, my "Watch List" is every growing too! I knocked one of yesterday though--did you see that I tried Norman Blair?

Sandra, I have had more off days of late too. Usually I only take a complete day off on vacations--such as going away for Thanksgiving--but since none of that is happening this year, I think "I don't wanna" is a fine excuse.

Paine, Sherry, Linda, Carolyn - hope everyone is well(ish).

Pam, I missed the part of your earlier post about the greater restrictions. I'm sorry you had to cancel the get-together; even when we understand the reasons for the restrictions, it's still disappointing.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 06:32 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Essentrics
Travis Eliot Yin Yoga "Hips" (only 15 minutes)

Beth, I saw your yoga tutorial on Chair Pose. It was very good!

Pam, I'm also wondering if there will be Black Friday deals on streaming subscriptions.
I'm sorry you had to cancel having your DS1 and his family over but it will be nice for you to meet them at the beach.

Beth, which Bar Method did you do?

Pat, I hope you like you new Skechers. I have a wide foot so I need a wide-width shoe.

Cyana, I have never had Brussels sprouts on the stalk. Do they taste much better?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote