Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-20, 07:56 PM  
laurajhawk

I live near Geojill and my neighborhood has lots of howlers too. I love howling! It makes me feel connected to other people in a non-electronic way. When we go out to howl we hear the sound all around us and it's really a community thing.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 08:19 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Up here, especially in our cities, people go out on their balconies or in their yards at 7 pm. They bang pots & pans and cheer the health care workers at shift change.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 08:34 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Nothing in my neighborhood so far, and I sincerely hope that it doesn't catch on here.
Old 04-12-20, 09:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Nothing in my neighborhood so far, and I sincerely hope that it doesn't catch on here.
Nothing in my neighborhood either, but I wouldn't mind if it did catch on here.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 07:22 AM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
No howling, but the neighbor who lives behind me goes out in his front yard and shoots his guns off every evening. According to the Sheriff's deputy who came out when we called, he can shoot his gun off all day long if he wants. I'm just hoping he keeps them aimed out at the federal land across the road from us.
This sounds dangerous! Those bullets can travel a long way. Two years ago some idiots a couple of miles from where I live started shooting at an above ground pool, into the air and into an open field in an area with no backstop. One of the bullets struck a woman out in her yard a half a mile away and another lodged in a house near her. The woman lived, but the bullet is near a major artery and can't be surgically removed.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 07:57 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
This sounds dangerous! Those bullets can travel a long way. Two years ago some idiots a couple of miles from where I live started shooting at an above ground pool, into the air and into an open field in an area with no backstop. One of the bullets struck a woman out in her yard a half a mile away and another lodged in a house near her. The woman lived, but the bullet is near a major artery and can't be surgically removed.
I have lived my whole life with family who know the dangers of guns, rifles, and bullets. That's why we called the sheriff's department when this new neighbor started shooting every evening. We (my neighbor and I) live across the road from a huge tract of federal land, so unless he's using something really highpowered, he probably won't hit more than a cactus or a creosote bush. I do hope he doesn't hit any of the cattle that feed there. AND I'm praying that he's doing everything he can to aim out over federal land.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 09:06 AM  
LAC

Quote:
I have lived my whole life with family who know the dangers of guns, rifles, and bullets. That's why we called the sheriff's department when this new neighbor started shooting every evening. We (my neighbor and I) live across the road from a huge tract of federal land, so unless he's using something really highpowered, he probably won't hit more than a cactus or a creosote bush. I do hope he doesn't hit any of the cattle that feed there. AND I'm praying that he's doing everything he can to aim out over federal land.
I hear you. I have lived in a rural area all my life and there are lots of guns around here. My dad, my uncles and one of my younger sisters are all responsible hunters. When I was growing up, my grandfather used to sit on the back steps after dinner and shoot woodchucks that dared to creep up out of the creek and wander into his garden for a snack. I am not anti-gun. Just anti-idiots with guns.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 10:14 AM  
JessicaW

Quote:
No howling, but the neighbor who lives behind me goes out in his front yard and shoots his guns off every evening. According to the Sheriff's deputy who came out when we called, he can shoot his gun off all day long if he wants. I'm just hoping he keeps them aimed out at the federal land across the road from us.
That sounds truly terrifying. I am so sorry you are going through this. No offence, but thank God I live in Canada. He would be arrested and no longer allowed to carry a gun if that were to happen here. What a major idiot. OMG!!!
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 05:54 PM  
Hazel Porter

I live just west of Denver and this is indeed a thing some people are doing.
Old 04-13-20, 07:49 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

After the day I had I just may give it a go. It's 7:45 here. I have 15 minutes to "suit up."

It's a very rural area so the only people who will hear me are my sister and her husband who are sitting in the living room. They already know I'm nuts.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19