Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-24-18, 10:50 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Pat I am so glad you loved the gifts. I had a great time shopping for you. The Manatea was the first thing I purchased. I happened to see it somewhere before I started shopping in earnest for you and since you asked for tea I had to get it for you. My daughter got one for my husband and he sits on the window sill by my kitchen sink. It makes me smile...
I am glad you like the scarf. I knit it a few years ago and I have been waiting to gift it.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.
Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-18, 10:37 AM  
ots

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
Anne/Ots,

Actually, it got delayed. Delivery should be Monday now. I’m glad you were planning to wait until Christmas anyway!
Yes - received on Xmas eve. I opened it yesterday - but since I had company, my computer (which normally sits on the kitchen counter) was put away. Sorry for the delayed response. I got two DVDs: Barre amped cardio fat burn with Suzanne Bowen and Leah Sarago's Ballet total body.

Thanks again --- this was twice as special because, of course, you are not my secret santa and you had no obligation, but you did it anyway. During this busy time of year, I really appreciate any effort anyone makes to go out of their way to spread cheer. The fact that you did for me is very much appreciated.

Wishing the best of the holiday season to you and yours!
ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-18, 10:49 AM  
ots

Sherry!! I opened my gifts yesterday --- wow --- this was amazing.

Sherry sent me a 3-pack of lip balm. Very welcome! Normally, my stocking is filled with lip balm and so I don't buy any before the holidays. But this year, not a single pot or stick. So when I opened your gift, it was doubly welcome.

I also received a pair of lounge wear "cabin socks" --- I love that it had both lounge wear and cabin socks in the description. Really hits home that this is for lazy evenings by the fire with a good book!

Also, I got some small chocolate bars and then an extra big bar of milk toffee crunch. After eating all this chocolate, I am going to need the workouts!!

The workouts were Yoga Foundation with Travis Eliot ---- I'm so looking forward to this --- it's been on my wishlist for a long time --- in fact, so long that I think it may now be out of print. So thank you! Then, I also received Jill Miller and Kelly Starrett's Treat while you train self care kit. I have a few rehab videos that I learned are necessary for those times when I get injured. As I get older, it seems like I finally appreciate rehab and slower workouts for recovering. But, this one is more preventative which I'm beginning to think might be a good approach to take ---- kind of like when Wayne Gretzky would say that he doesn't go to where the puck is but where the puck will be...I am not going to where the injuries are but where they will be to avoid them in the future. So thanks for helping me on my preventative maintenance journey.

Again, I am so grateful to count you among my friends --- wishing you and your DH good health and happiness in the upcoming year.

Anne.
Old 12-26-18, 01:02 PM  
aunatural

I meant to post this yesterday and forgot. I still don't know who my Santa is. There's no note or name in or on the box. But, thank you so much for the lovely crochet scarves, 2! bars of Ghirardelli chocolate, 3 DVDs - all of which are new to me - Yoga Zone Fat Burning, KCM 30 Minutes to Fitness, and Leslie Tone Every Zone, and the pack of colorful pens. I love everything. Thank you so much!

ETA: So, I went through this thread and I'm going to guess that my Santa is Severen. Am I right?

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-18, 01:48 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by ots View Post
Sherry!! I opened my gifts yesterday --- wow --- this was amazing.

Sherry sent me a 3-pack of lip balm. Very welcome! Normally, my stocking is filled with lip balm and so I don't buy any before the holidays. But this year, not a single pot or stick. So when I opened your gift, it was doubly welcome.

I also received a pair of lounge wear "cabin socks" --- I love that it had both lounge wear and cabin socks in the description. Really hits home that this is for lazy evenings by the fire with a good book!

Also, I got some small chocolate bars and then an extra big bar of milk toffee crunch. After eating all this chocolate, I am going to need the workouts!!

The workouts were Yoga Foundation with Travis Eliot ---- I'm so looking forward to this --- it's been on my wishlist for a long time --- in fact, so long that I think it may now be out of print. So thank you! Then, I also received Jill Miller and Kelly Starrett's Treat while you train self care kit. I have a few rehab videos that I learned are necessary for those times when I get injured. As I get older, it seems like I finally appreciate rehab and slower workouts for recovering. But, this one is more preventative which I'm beginning to think might be a good approach to take ---- kind of like when Wayne Gretzky would say that he doesn't go to where the puck is but where the puck will be...I am not going to where the injuries are but where they will be to avoid them in the future. So thanks for helping me on my preventative maintenance journey.

Again, I am so grateful to count you among my friends --- wishing you and your DH good health and happiness in the upcoming year.

Anne.
Thank you for your friendship and kind wishes. This year honestly really stunk, and we are hoping 2019 is much better!

I had seen that you had those dvds on your wishlist for a few years and I was not using mine. I was very glad for them to go to a good home Yes, the Travis one is actually out of print now. I enjoy Jill's workouts, but that one was just too long for me to actually use. I don't have the patience I should with longer rehab workouts. I hope it is very helpful for you.

I hope you do have time to lounge with a book wearing the socks

Naturally, I had to send a Snoopy card!

Happy Holidays!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-18, 02:24 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Pat I am so glad you loved the gifts. I had a great time shopping for you. The Manatea was the first thing I purchased. I happened to see it somewhere before I started shopping in earnest for you and since you asked for tea I had to get it for you. My daughter got one for my husband and he sits on the window sill by my kitchen sink. It makes me smile...
I am glad you like the scarf. I knit it a few years ago and I have been waiting to gift it.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.
Leslie
Happy New Year to you too!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-18, 08:04 PM  
ots

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Thank you for your friendship and kind wishes. This year honestly really stunk, and we are hoping 2019 is much better!

I had seen that you had those dvds on your wishlist for a few years and I was not using mine. I was very glad for them to go to a good home Yes, the Travis one is actually out of print now. I enjoy Jill's workouts, but that one was just too long for me to actually use. I don't have the patience I should with longer rehab workouts. I hope it is very helpful for you.

I hope you do have time to lounge with a book wearing the socks

Naturally, I had to send a Snoopy card!

Happy Holidays!
Sherry
And, of course the Snoopy card - I can't believe I forgot to mention it --- we actually sent out Snoopy cards this year (whatever was on sale last year gets sent out this year) --- and when I opened the card, my DH commented on the fact that it's a Snoopy Christmas this year!
Old 12-27-18, 11:26 AM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

You are so welcome!

Don't worry about the pond workout... there's really not jumping in it. You can make it low/no impact and it's super fun! Shopping for you was like shopping for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Okay.....I decided to open my package! I couldn't wait until Christmas!

I'm so excited to see that lovely Cookie sent me a thoughtful Package with
the Ballet Fitness DVD with Nicky McGinty DVD that I had on my list. I took dance for 10 years as a child/pre-teen and I loved ballet. I want to get back to adding it into my workouts as it is more gentle than other types of workouts, takes me back in time, I LOVE to dance and it is really good for you! So a huge thank you for this.

I also got some bellydance dvds. I had that I love bellydance on my post. I got Jilliana Instructional 1 & 2. This will be good for me to brush up on my basics! Thanks much.

Then there is a surprise....and I love surprises!! A Pound Rockin' Workout with drumsticks and gloves included. They are jumping on the cover with the drumsticks in hand. I have no idea what to expect. I'll have to do this on my Rebounder! Interesting!!

Also, some Burt's Bee's Honey Almond Hand Creme which my hands desperately need!! I have it out already and have scooped a bunch out!! Thanks so much for everything Cookie!!

I appreciate everything and look forward to doing them!! Merry Christmas to you and your Family!

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 06:44 AM  
Katri

Thank You again to my Secret Santa Anne! I had already received a package of skin care products, and then I received 2 packages more! The first one had 3 DVDs that I really wanted: Jari Love’s Ripped and Jacked, Leslie’s 5 Boosted Miles and Tamilee Webb’s 3 Mile Walk. I have done Leslie's workout already, and can't wait to do the other ones.

Yesterday I received the third package, that had 2 soccer-themed, adjustable headbands that are really comfortable to wear, book by Graeme Simsion, The Rosie Project that I can’t wait to start, as soon as I finish the one I’m currently reading, and a beautiful Christman ornament showing famous landmarks from Washington DC.

Thank You so much for everything!
Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-18, 06:54 AM  
sherry7899

Katri, I really liked The Rosie Project. I hope you enjoy it as well. Unfortunately, the sequel was not nearly as good, and I gave up on it 1/3 of the way through.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018 holiday thank you