Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-17, 12:31 PM  
sherry7899

It's great people are posting wish lists early-thank you! (no pressure for anyone who has not posted, though!) It will help give Santas more time to shop

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 09:12 AM  
sherry7899

bumping!

Old 10-28-17, 02:28 PM  
lorajc

Hi - I'm so excited....love the Gift exchange.

I don't mind used/traded DVDs...thanks! Since I have been out of the buying loop....ANYTHING I receive from my Santa will be VERY much appreciated!!! I really look forward to the VF Exchange as we don't really exchange gifts in our family. Thanks.

A little about myself. I have been married for 30 years.....have 4 adorable cats ...LOVE all animals. Love to walk in the Park so I can see the gorgeous Deer!! I don't like to cook...however I've been on a strict diet (in the process of losing weight) and have cut out as much sugar as possible...but that doesn't mean I don't crave it! as I have a REAL sweet tooth. I also had a rash of injuries over the past 7 or so years, my latest was 2 years ago and was a bad car accident ....so I'm just starting to transition from my Kundalini Yoga/Yoga practices and starting beginner/intermediate cardio and soon light weights. (I LOVE, LOVE Kundalini Yoga & mostly do Ravi/Ana DVD's but I will have to look and see if I can find anything to put on my list). I do most of my cardio on the Rebounder. I also like Kettlebell's but don't know of any new "good" workouts....but if you do...surprise me. I also want to delve into some Pilates but have no idea what to get that is newer....so same goes for that.

I live in a small city...we don't have any stores like Trader Joe's so anything from there (or a similar place) that has a low/cal or good for you treat ....even low cal hot chocolate would be appreciated. I love Taffy also. Not huge into chocolate...can only handle a treat with a bit of chocolate and then lots of caramel or something like that.

I also like colored gel pen's love purple , pink, teal, anything with cats, am in need of some good professional emery boards or a glass nail file and love all things manicure and luxurious hand cream. I also really need slippers....if you have a good discount store to shop at ...like soft slip on's. Oh...and I almost forgot....I have an allergic cat...so I could use some nice, very lightly scented body butter or body cream. (Goodness...I gave a lot of wishes here..LOL...just to up the surprise value!

Will take slightly used/traded DVD's:

Essentrics Full Body Toning - on Amazon (reasonable price)
Essentics _ Toning for Beginners

Also, someone suggested the Aging Backwards DVD's by CS/Essentrics for me - on Amazon
Any newer Essentrics/Classical Stretch DVD's - last ones I purchased were the Essentrics Barre one, Class of 2012 and CS Core....so anything newer than those....also...prefer workouts that are split up into shorter segments...or if it's a long one....one that can be split. I don't have the stamina for the long ones yet.

Bellydance Body Sadie - Cheeky Girl Productions
Drop, Twists, Turns - Sandra - Cheeky Girl -- ON Sale!!

Simon De La Rue's new Rebounder workout DVD (her website)***
Yoga for Stress Reduction - Hala Khouri - Amazon
Elements of Yoga: Fire Dynamic with Tara Lee & her Earth Foundation one -- at Totalfitness DVD's
Power Yoga & Kriya Yoga (for Anti-Aging) DVD - Yogi Ashokananda - at Totalfitness DVDs
Weight Loss with Kundalini Yoga - Nirvair (Amazon)

Walk Strong 3....I know...wishful thinking......one of them?? If sold individually?
10 Minute Quick Walk Mix - Jessica Smith
Marjolen's newer DVD's for the Pilates Reformer (not sure where these are available -- I only have older ones)
Prevention Flat Belly Barre ***

Okay....that's quite a list...yikes......Thanks again...and I will appreciate ANYTHING!!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-17, 09:24 AM  
sherry7899

Anne sent out the names late last night, so everyone should have their match.

Please start posting wish lists so we can all start shopping

I have list of the names matched up and the mailing addresses if anyone needs help.

However, I do not have anyone's email addresses, so if you need that for any reason (sending gift card codes) you will need to contact Anne.

Thank you!

Lora-the reviews for Bonanza are mixed. I might hesitate to order from them, but that is up to your Santa.

Old 10-29-17, 10:01 AM  
intelsana

Hello Secret Santa!

Here is my wishlist...if i think of more items i will edit my post.

DVDs (used DVDS are totally fine!):
Pilates: 30 Days to Flat Abs with Caroline Sandry
Essentrics Full Body Toning
Callanetics Countdown: 30 Days to a More Beautiful Body
I am also on the lookout for some good 30 minute weight workout DVDs. I already have a lot of KCM workout and some Cathe workouts so you can surprise me with an instructor that is not them. Just make sure no jumping moves and also very limited shoulder moves
A peek

Non-fitness gifts:
Learning modern calligraphy is my latest hobby so books like these would be awesome (all on amazon):
Hand Lettering for Relaxation: An Inspirational Workbook for Creating Beautiful Lettered Art
Hand Lettering 101: An Introduction to the Art of Creative Lettering
I love dark chocolate (but i am gluten and dairy free)
I love tea of all kinds and love trying different flavors/varieties (as long as they are gluten/dairy free). David's tea has some really nice teas
fitbit charge 2 bands

I have an amazon wishlist with a lot of the stuff i mentioned above if you need any more ideas:
http://a.co/fp6iVxI

I really appreciate anything that you send, i am sure i will love it!!

ETA: a little about me. I got married in April of 2016 and have been together with my husband for about 6 years. We live in Brooklyn and love the city life. My husband is allergic to cats and we are both allergic to perfume and candles (most scented stuff). I love to travel! Recently I have also wanted to learn medication so any tools or tips for that would be really helpful. I had knee surgery a few years ago so I can’t do high impact workouts anymore. My husband loves to cook and is definitely a creative cook!
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-17, 11:57 AM  
desertMermaid

Dear secret Santa,

Thanks in advance!! I'm looking forward to participating this year. I'm not picky, I will be appreciative of whatever I get. I don't have a lot of time right now so I may come back and edit my posting later.

I just wanted to post something to get started.

I love the outdoors. I love hiking, mountain biking, camping, photography. Being outdoors in nature is my meditation, it is what makes me feel at peace. I'm a peace loving, nature loving hippy at heart.

I enjoy baking and cooking, i'm not a vegetarian (I love the taste of steak too much) but love a good meatless recipe.

I like coffee and tea. I like dark chocolate, milk chocolate and even white chocolate. I don't like scented products. I love color, spice, I like wild and crazy as well as classic.
I enjoy art, architecture, music, travel. I love learning new things.

I love anything with an outdoor theme, especially tropical/beaches.

Fitness wise my knees have been bothering me lately, so I don't do much high impact. But I love Simone DeLa Rue. I have her first DVD but none of her others. I love classic floor work, balance challenges, and posture focused work. For example I love sleek technique and ballet beautiful. I'd be interested in newer Callanetics. I haven't tried any essentrics in years I noticed the other day there are a ton of newer offerings.
Older DVDs I'm interested in: Gliding Graceful With Shannon Grifiths Fable and Sacred Yoga Practice with Rainbeau Mars. Online subscriptions/gift cards work too as do used items. I love dance focus workouts too, but don't have a lot of space. I've not bought any new DVDs in a long time, so if it was produced in the last two or three years i probably don't have it. But i'm good with classics too.

Thanks again! I hope you find this helpful. What ever you get me please remember the most important thing is to have fun!

Added~~~~~~~~~
More fitness information, I enjoy workouts between 20 to 60 minutes long. I'm always looking for new ways to use gliding discs and my yoga ball.i don't have many videos that use either.

I'd be interested in Balance Ball: Core Cross Training with Tanja Djelevic. I love UK based fitness videos they tend to have great music. I love to 'dance.' If you can call what i do dancing! There is an old Kari Anderson video sweat express that i've never seen on DVD that i'd love to find. Tangoflex looks interesting as does Mark Lauren | Mobility Rx 2 DVD set. The new Tracey long DVDs look good too. Thanks to VF i now have speck fitness tendu toning on my radar. There are two both look good!

I also love old VW buses, think 60's surf culture! So anything with a cute bus is fantastic in my book. :-)

I always love a good pair of hiking socks. I love color and wacky patterns too, size 7 shoe. Size small t-shirt.

Oh i could do with a new lunch box. Nothing too big. My old one is falling apart.

At the end of the day, i probably have enough dvds, so i don't mind if you don't include a DVD. It's just fun to be a part of this exchange.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-17, 02:33 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Posted my list! It is on page 1, where I was holding my spot
Old 10-29-17, 02:57 PM  
IceQueen07

First off, thank you in advance to my secret santa. This is the first time I am participating and thought this would be fun to do this year. Below are only suggestions to give ideas and I am happy with whatever I receive.

I mainly do barre (Suzanne Bowen streaming), pilates (PBL Streaming) and weight workouts (I have all the KCM ones). I can't do any high impact anymore, (poor old knees and body can't handle it) and honestly don't like workouts that just leave me feeling exhausted or are too fast paced. No step or dance either (not coordinated at all - it's not pretty). I have been leaning more towards the gentler type workouts as I get older. I am pretty open to trying something that you may think I might like. I like workouts that are 30 to 45 minutes long as I workout before work in the morning.

DVDs (used are fine)

Essentrics - Toning for Beginners DVD
Essentrics - Fully Body Toning
Prevention - Flat Belly Barre
Cathe - Pyramid Lower & Upper Body
Callanetic Extreme or Pure

Other Items:

Non-slip Barre/yoga socks - size 7
Long Strap for stretching exercises
2017 Calendar - one for my desk at work would be great. Any theme
I love Oolong tea and drink almost daily
Large Mug to drink my tea
Candles are fine (just no vanilla scent)

Miscellaneous

I live in South Florida (so never really gets cold here - bummer at Xmas time)
I have very short hair (but do use a headband while working out)
Purple is my favorite color
I only workout at home (I don't go to a gym or outside workout classes)
I do have a spin bike, jumpsport, treadmill, weights and KB's at home.

While I would love it, I am trying to be regimented in my eating so no food please.

Again, these are all just suggestions to give you ideas. I am happy no matter what I receive. I find the giving and the thoughts behind the gift the best part.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-17, 03:57 PM  
ots

Dear secret santa –

First, thanks for participating – I always love the exchange! Anything is appreciated – used or new. I hope this gives you enough information that you can have fun participating in the exchange. The length of this list is to give you some choices.

DVDs

Ellen Barrett – 7-day workout challenge, Peace love & cardio and Stretch sculpt
Suzanne Bowen – Barre Amped, Barre Amped Strengthen & Stretch
Lauren Brooks' Revelation
KCM – Build & Burn, Meltdown, Body design
Amy Dixon - Breathless Body 3: HIIT it Big, Raise some bell
Travis Eliot - Yoga Foundations, Short & sweet
Cathe – Any of her newest or anything from the ICE series
Patrick Goudeau - Turn Up Slim Down, BeFit in 90, Hardwork conditioning 2, BodyWeight Blast
Chalene Johnson – any DVD from PiYo or Turbojam
Jill Miller –On demand pain relief, Treat while you train self care
Ilaria – Powerstrike Kickboxing V.7, Atletica V.2, Bodystrike
Leah Sarago – Ballet body Total body
Sianna Sherman – Yoga flow all-levels
Janet Stone – Ananda Vinyasa Bliss in Motion
Pure Barre - Mile High 1 & 2, Studio Series 1,2,3,4

About me:
I just turned 50 this year! I live with my husband and two rescued mutts – no kids. I am not crafty but appreciate crafty things – so, if you are, it would be received with gratitude. I love coconut and dark chocolate – milk chocolate too – and nuts. I would love an ornament that represents where you’re from. I got rid of my car this year and am walking/biking whenever I can – so, I need sunscreen and lip balm are always good. Other things: hair stuff, fuzzy socks, black tea (not flavored) and toffee (love toffee – chocolate covered!).

Anne
ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-17, 07:30 PM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

Is it too late to sign up?

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017 exchange wish list, holiday exchange 2017