Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-04-16, 09:01 PM  
Fit Gal

Package shipped! Can't wait for my giftee to get it!
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 10:20 PM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

Ohmygosh!!!!

The Awesomazing YogaPam got me 2 new Jessica Smith downloads. Woot woot!!!

Walk On: 10-Minute Quick Walk Mix
Yoga Stretch

I swear, she is the perfect Santa for me.

Thank you so much!!! (by the way, I wore the socks today and have been wearing the ear warmer almost non-stop. It fits PERFECTLY! And the chocolate is amazing...dark chocolate with a cup of coffee is such a great combo.)

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 10:33 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
Ohmygosh!!!!

The Awesomazing YogaPam got me 2 new Jessica Smith downloads. Woot woot!!!

Walk On: 10-Minute Quick Walk Mix
Yoga Stretch

I swear, she is the perfect Santa for me.

Thank you so much!!! (by the way, I wore the socks today and have been wearing the ear warmer almost non-stop. It fits PERFECTLY! And the chocolate is amazing...dark chocolate with a cup of coffee is such a great combo.)
Aw I'm so glad you like your gifts Cookie, I had fun shopping for you! That Denman Island chocolate is sooo good, made with love by the nicest west coast hippies, lol. I wish I could take credit for making the headband, I found it at a local craft fair. I'm glad it's keeping your ears warm!

I didn't realize you'd lost your home in a fire, but it's so cool that it brought you and your hubby together! Good things can come out of difficult times when you least expect them can't they?

Wishing a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2017!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 10:34 PM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitjen View Post
Cookie!!!!

... Also, I'm very intrigued about the Power Music. I don't know anything about that.

Thank you again!!
You are so welcome!!!

Regarding Power Music, they specialize in music for group exercise. After being a vidiot for 13 years or so, 2 years ago I got certified to teach PiYo and 6 months later I completed my Group Fitness instructor certification. Through that process I learned a lot about 32 count music and choreography, etc. For instance, step workouts are paced at about 125 bpm - as are most sections of PiYo, Les Mills Pump, etc. Land aerobics can vary from 120 to 150+. What this means to you and me is that I can take my favorite power music play list and mute any of my workouts and use my own playlist. For me, it makes it easy for me to just throw together a workout because no matter what song I put on, it follows a 32 count "phrase" so you can use the same moves to a different song and it will flow the same. This is why the remixes are somewhat different than the radio edits...songs as played on the radio do not usually follow a 32 count "phrase" and so it can make choreography tricky and you can't just sub in one radio edit for another. The 32 count phrase also make cueing intuitive. Once you are comfortable with it, you don't really have to count because you can just follow the flow of the music.

I'm rambling. If you want to check them out, they have a free 30 day trial. My favorite compilations are their 80's hard rock step and one called "Appetite for Destruction" that I used to use when I was teaching Muscle Pump.

And I swear, I don't get paid or get any free music from them. I wish.

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 07:43 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyskier View Post
I want to thank my Secret Santa, Rhonda, for the lovely gifts she sent to me. I received:
Tracey Mallett- Pilates Super Sculpt
Caroline Sandry- 30 Days to Flat Abs
I am looking forward to trying both of these!

Rhonda also sent me:
Chocolate covered espresso beans (yum!)
A great sketch pad along with new gel pens--yippee !

Thank you so much, and Happy Holidays to all!

Lori
Lori, I am glad you like everything. Hope you enjoy the DVDs.
Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 09:56 AM  
Garrie A.

Yesterday in the mail there was a yellow slip that said I needed to pick up something because "the item is too large to fit in your box." Could it be my Secret Santa gift? We shall see.

My budget was tight this year, and I could only afford one item for my giftee. Hope they enjoy it! My plan was to spend no more than $20 to $30. I will participate again next year, and hopefully will be able to buy more. I love being generous each holiday season, but with all that's happened to me this year (moving into a new renovated home, graduating college, job hunting), it was difficult to spend a lot.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 11:24 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ots View Post
Hi everyone -

I finally got my package out in the mail yesterday. I almost always wait until the last minute to get my package out. But I also received a package before I mailed mine out. And I was not going to begin opening a package until I got mine out in the mail. So --- giftee --- yours actually went out two days before the deadline!

Today I opened up the package I received --- wow --- I think I got everything on my list. First, a heartfelt thank you to Pam61 for being my secret santa --- I truly appreciate all of the gifts and the time and care you took in selecting them for me. Everything was beautifully wrapped (more than I can say for what my giftee will be opening...).

First, after years of letting everyone know that I appreciate handmade gifts (having no native talents of my own), I received a handknit infinity scarf. I am wearing it as I write this ---- thank you so much --- it is lovely.

I also received a funky itFit headband which according to the label is guaranteed to be the world's best fitting headband ---- I am looking forward to testing it out. In addition, there was a pair of socks with bicycles all over and some lip balm from Shore Soap company. Pam also sent a cute plaid cloth, reindeer ornament - this will go on the tree next week. A bag of sweets and a bag of tea almost completes the package.

That's it ---- except for the DVDs. Which I haven't opened. My DH has put them aside for me to open later. There are three of them --- so DH suggested opening one each week like a modified advent calendar. I'll see if my willpower will hold out for that. And last, Pam included a note saying that something else would be coming.

I feel like a kid in a candy store --- thank you Pam! Everything was just perfect!

Best,
Anne.
I'm glad you got the package (and I was able to mail it before the deadline!) I hope you like the infinity cowl, as I loved the color (and softness) of the yarn but wish I'd had enough balls of it to make it longer. The lip balm is from a local soap company in Newport and they have amazing stuff! I'm really into their bar soaps and solid perfumes, too! Plaid is so popular this Season, and with my love of all things Outlander it caught my eye right away! Yes, there will be something else coming to your door but not sure when, exactly?! So, stay tuned!

Happy Holidays!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 11:06 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I just received Caroline Sandry's 30 Days to Flat Abs!!!
Love it!
It came from Mary at Total Fitness, but the packing slip tells me that I'm pretty sure my Secret Santa is KateTT?
Thank you soooo much, I can't wait to try it tomorrow!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-16, 01:29 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Mailed my package on December 5. Looking forward to hearing she received it.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-16, 06:56 AM  
deineira

Thank you to my secret Santa, Lori Brown (NYSkier)! I received some great presents and I am enjoying them tremendously! Lori sent me a yoga strap, which is long overdue, a copy of KCM's Amped Up Cardio, which I LOVE, and two great workout shirts which fit me perfectly. I wore one while I did the KCM workouts today, along with the socks that she gave me, which are nice quality and very comfy! She also sent a lovely card which features one of her paintings.

Thank you so much for my lovely presents! It was so exciting to receive them and I love every single one.

Eva
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday exchange 2016