Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-17, 03:11 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
So glad to hear that Bonkers has his energy back & is racing around the house! To me, that is a sure sign of a happy cat!!!
He is the happiest cat I've ever had. He purrs constantly. We also call him "Tigger" from Winnie the Pooh because he has this adorable bouncy walk and his tail is always up in the air. I thought I read somewhere that means the cat is happy if their tail is up.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-17, 07:06 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Sherry - Thanks for the updates on Bonkers, I am glad that he is home and running around like he normally does. I noticed upthread though that his sister and he get along really well but the other cat Huck hisses at him. How come he does that? Is that just the way he is?

Just curious...thanks!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-17, 08:32 AM  
sherry7899

Taramisu-Huck does not usually hiss at Bonkers. I think he just did so recently because he could smell the vet/vet's office on him. Huck would rather be an only cat. Bonkers and Mila go over to him and try to give him love, but he kind of shuns them. He's an odd cat, but he's sweet to humans.

Thanks for your concern

Sherry

Old 07-16-17, 08:37 AM  
Carol K

When I volunteered at a cat adoption center, I was amazed at how many cats there did not like other cats and only wanted to socialize with people. I don't think my two will ever be best friends, but they do chase each other for fun and tolerate each other for the most part.
Old 07-16-17, 09:40 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Sherry - Thanks for responding, I appreciate it!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 08:02 PM  
sherry7899

Update

Today is the five year anniversary of our adopting Bonkers. The tumor he had grew back in August. He is still his energetic and incredibly loving self. He does not seem to be in any pain. We are just trying to cherish every day we have with him and give him extra love.

We decided not to put him through any more surgery. Obviously this is aggressive since the tumor grew back in less than two months. We hope to have more time with him until we have to make that heartbreaking decision.
We will keep him with us as long as he is still running around, playing and eating and drinking.

We feel very fortunate to have this bundle of love still with us. This is a hard day because I know we will not have him with us on this day next year.

Thank you everyone for your support. I really appreciate it.

Old 12-08-17, 08:08 PM  
Carol K

Sherry - I'm so sorry to hear this update about Bonkers. But he and your family have been lucky to have each other these five years. I know you will make him very happy in his remaining time with you.
Old 12-08-17, 08:28 PM  
lorajc

I love my cats more than life itself.....and losing one tears out part of my soul.......my heart goes out to you.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 09:47 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Sherry I’m so sorry very for your pain. You are right to enjoy every moment with your precious Bonkers. They certainly do take hold of our hearts and bring us joy along with the hurt. We just lost another of our babies to cancer a few weeks ago and chose not to put her through surgery that had little chance of even prolonging her life and would certainly mean suffering. One day she stopped eating for no apparent reason and within a week we got the news that she wouldn’t make it. This isn’t about me, and I only tell this to emphasize what all of us with cherished animal friends already know—-cherish and appreciate every moment with them. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 10:19 PM  
sugar rose

Sherry, I'm so sorry for the pain you're going through. I know how hard it is to see a beloved pet suffering, and then it's so heartbreaking when it's time to say goodbye. My heart goes out to you. (((Hugs)))

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, off topic