Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-09, 05:49 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Congrats on being adopted by a cat. It's a big honor! Sitting in front of your face staring at you is a perfectly normal behavior for a cat - when THEY want attention. I have always, for as long as I can remember, shared a house with pair of cats. I have 2 British Shorthairs now, and they're always in my face demanding attention! They're my pride and joy!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-09, 07:00 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Archie is very cute and so very handsome too! I'm curious as to how the adoption came about?
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-09, 08:13 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone. It's great to see everyone's kitty avatars and share their stories. Just when I have something in my life to talk about, three of my closest friends had babies of their own, and to them, cat stories just don't compare When they say their baby kept them up all night, I chime in with "Oh, yeah! My cat woke me up at 5 o'clock too!"

I'm not sure it's such an honor to be adopted by a cat. I simply bribed him with food. It's a long story, but basically, I was thinking of getting a cat, and my neighbor's cat basically bolted when she got a little yippy dog (I don't blame the cat at all). My friend kept feeding the cat, but he never went back indoors. I decided that since he was already familiar with the neighborhood and the neighborhood cats, maybe I should just take him in.

I think the name "Archie" will stick (he's got plenty of nicknames). I named him after Cary Grant, whose real name was Archie Leach.
Old 05-13-09, 08:48 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I was being charitable when I said it's an honor to be adopted by a cat, even though I personally think so.

Yes, you can easily bribe and adopt a stray by setting food for it once, because they're hungry....they'll always come back for seconds...and with an extended family too. Enjoy your cat. He looks great and seems to have already to have pick you as a "person of interest". Were you surprised how many vidiots have cats and/or advice?
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 08:11 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I was being charitable when I said it's an honor to be adopted by a cat, even though I personally think so.

Yes, you can easily bribe and adopt a stray by setting food for it once, because they're hungry....they'll always come back for seconds...and with an extended family too. Enjoy your cat. He looks great and seems to have already to have pick you as a "person of interest". Were you surprised how many vidiots have cats and/or advice?
Oh, no. That's why I posted here! I always felt cats and chocolate were honorary topics here at VF. I did leave the VF Reader Forum page up on the computer when I took the picture, though, just to really make it on-topic

As for the "honor", I think I know what you meant. I just meant there was no effort on my part and I'm not sure I deserve the honor of being honored! Considering he spent an upstate NY winter outside, it was a beautiful sight and sound to have him curled up and purring the past few months (when he wasn't walking across my face, of course )
Old 05-14-09, 08:29 AM  
LAC

Just wanted to say that I think Archie is a very handsome & regal looking fellow (which I'm trying to type as my cat is stepping on the keyboard!)
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, pets