Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-09, 01:18 PM  
RedPanda

Archie is a sweetie. Reminds me of our late black cat, Anubis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
We have 4 and let's just say it is very easy to have one lead to another.
Wasn't it Ernest Hemmingway who said "One cat just leads to another"?
Old 05-11-09, 01:19 PM  
cpcathy

I have two cats and that seems like totally normal cat behavior to me. My dear Jack (who passed away in October) was a starer, he would sit with his eyes locked on me all the time.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 01:36 PM  
KathAL79

Aw, Archie is adorable and sounds like quite the cat! I would say that he sounds very "normal," but "normal" in cat terms covers a wide range of behaviors.

Penny (or Mrf, as she calls herself) is my avatar kitty. She adopted us in August and made herself very much at home. She's not as interested in my desk, but I can't leave papers on it because she's a shredding machine (I have lost my list of monthly dissertation goals to her teeth ). Oh, and that's the only time I got her to sit on my step for more than a few seconds. She normally prefers my yoga blankets, especially if I want to use them.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 02:33 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Thanks for all the kind words. I knew my fellow VF'ers would understand.

Actually, the desk acrobatics are rare (He tends to cause paper avalanches that send him running) It's the other stuff that leaves me scratching my head. I mean, really. I put out a clean bowl of water next to his food, and he marches right to the bathroom and drinks out of the toilet

I wish I could get a good photo of his eyes. The flash constricts the pupils, giving him typical cat eyes. But when the light is dim, the pupils are large and black, and he just looks like a puppy. I think he thinks he is a puppy. He doesn't really meow. He has a scratchy bark.

And the shedding. I've never vacuumed so much in my life (probably a good thing...)
Old 05-11-09, 02:34 PM  
kat999

Totally normal kitty behavior. My cat is usually walking across the desk at home every single time either me or DH is on the computer. And yet when we're not there, she avoids the entire computer room like the plague! Oh, such weird and wonderful little things cats are! =^_^=
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 02:41 PM  
mtnmom

Don't get me started on weird cat behavior. Kahlua my siamese mix, is always underfoot in the kitchen. She's hoping for a kitty treat. I'll look at her and she'll meow. I don't have to say a word. But if someone else is in the kitchen, they will talk to her and she'll just stare at them. Then when I turn to look at her, she'll look at me and meow. It's like she's telling me to tell the goofus next to me to give her a treat.

Oh, and she always drowns her toys in the water dish, then transfers them to the food bowl.

And she always races me to the bathroom to get a drink from the sink there. (Probably because she's fowled her own water with debris from toys!)

Don't get me started on my cat, Shadow (who looks just like your kitty, BTW).

Have fun!
Old 05-11-09, 04:16 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
He's my first cat. Is this normal? My friends think he's weird. I think he's just lucky he's cute
It's totally normal. Some cats love to be the center of attention or at least involved in some way. I don't think they realize that they are not being helpful.
Old 05-11-09, 11:07 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

oh yeah
that's normal for a cat alright

I'm trying to type around one right now in fact.....
Old 05-13-09, 05:39 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

As you can see from the replies, totally normal cat behavior. If you are not paying attention to a cat and paying attention to something else, said cat will demand your attention, *if* it is your attention that said cat wants, and that's what he is doing.
I love black cats. My #4 cat, Max, wants a belly rub in my avatar. And he has a lot of belly to rub.
barbara P
Old 05-13-09, 05:44 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
Don't get me started on weird cat behavior. Kahlua my siamese mix, is always underfoot in the kitchen. She's hoping for a kitty treat....
So is mine!! Is yours addicted to Temptations like mine? I swear those Temptations are like cat crack or something.

Tags
cats, pets