Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-18, 04:29 PM  
sherry7899

OT: does anyone work in medical billing/for an insurance company?

I am so sorry to ask, but I need help.

My DH has sleep apnea. Last summer the CPAP machine he used for years died. He got another one, which we opted to put a deposit on and make monthly payments until it was paid for ($700 total). Our insurance would not cover it at all because we had not reached our deductible.

My DH's employer changed insurance carriers as of January 1st of this year.
Now the company we have been paying since last summer says that since our insurance company changed, the payments/deposit we made may not count at all.

We have only two or three payments left until he owns the machine. This makes NO sense to me at all.The insurance company did not pay anything at all towards the machine. Why should it matter if our insurance changed if we're not getting any help paying for it from insurance? We assume (which is fine) that our new insurance carrier would not pay towards it either since obviously we would not have reached our deductible.

Someone is supposed to get back to me about this. This seems like double billing and a rip off to me.

Any advice/help on how to deal with this would be appreciated. I am going to look up the company on the Better Business Bureau site to see if this has happened to anyone else.

The rental company seemed totally perplexed by this issue. We cannot be the only people EVER to have changed insurance carriers before something was paid off.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote