Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-15, 12:50 PM  
froggy

The product reorder tags are nice. They dont have one yet for anything I order regularly, but I sure hope they do in the future. I've been a Prime member since it started and can truly say I've gotten my money's worth and then some.
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 01:15 PM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
This is the first I heard of it too. I hope they're not becoming like Costco, which I won't join because I hate paying just for the privilege of paying. At least with Prime you get some free videos.
And free music and some free e-books, too.

I guess I figure that I pay enough per year for a membership that I'm entitled to some special privileges. If that means certain items only available to me, then oh well.

And if you really want that apple peeler, you can still buy it from Amazon. Ok, it's $1 more and it's a VKP1011 instead of the VKP1010, but I feel certain the difference is undetectable.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 01:18 PM  
froggy

This is another really cool thing that Amazon does thanks to Prime. https://flex.amazon.com/ Uberlike flexible employment in several cities.
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 01:28 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
And free music and some free e-books, too.

I guess I figure that I pay enough per year for a membership that I'm entitled to some special privileges. If that means certain items only available to me, then oh well.

And if you really want that apple peeler, you can still buy it from Amazon. Ok, it's $1 more and it's a VKP1011 instead of the VKP1010, but I feel certain the difference is undetectable.
This is my take on it too.
Old 10-07-15, 01:39 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:

The difference between the two? From what I can tell, one has a suction base and the other a clamp base.

If you don't have the sort of counters that will accept that clamp base, you have to shop elsewhere.

How does that improve Amazon's bottom line? I think it can't.
Old 10-07-15, 01:47 PM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
The difference between the two? From what I can tell, one has a suction base and the other a clamp base.

If you don't have the sort of counters that will accept that clamp base, you have to shop elsewhere.

How does that improve Amazon's bottom line? I think it can't.
"Exclusively" is a proven tool for gaining a membership base. Of course sometimes it has the opposite effect too!

I work in marketing for non-profits and cultural organizations like museums, aquariums, etc, and we always play up the "exclusive MEMBER ONLY events" angle in our efforts to grow membership.

I see this effort by Amazon in that light I suppose.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 01:58 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
I considered the VKP1011 model, but it clamps on to tables or countertops, which won't work for me.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 02:11 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
This is the first I heard of it too. I hope they're not becoming like Costco, which I won't join because I hate paying just for the privilege of paying. At least with Prime you get some free videos.
I do take advantage of lots of Prime membership benefits; free 2 day shipping, free Kindle book loans, tons of free music, free streaming videos. I can certainly do without all of these things, but I enjoy membership privileges.

I was searching for an item on the web the other day, and stumbled across Jet.com, which had the lowest price, but unfortunately, Jet.com is like an online Costco with a membership fee of $49. No thanks! Not only am I not interested in a fee just to get the savings, but web shopping is so competitive. Jet's prices would have to be insanely cheaper than elsewhere in order to entice me to pay an annual membership fee.

I am not a Costco member either. I think paying a membership fee would compel me to buy stuff I wouldn't have otherwise purchased.
Old 10-07-15, 05:02 PM  
Vantreesta

This ticked me off too. I had season 1 of Sleepy Hollow in my cart for $12 plus change with free shipping. A few weeks later I go back and find that now this price is only available to Prime members and now I have to pay twice that cost. I'll buy it used now, thank you very much!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 06:53 PM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
The worst Amazon offense is that "Add-on Item" program. Loathe that!
Me too. Stupid stupid.

Tags
amazon, amazon prime