Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-08-15, 07:27 PM  
mtnmom

A prime membership can be stretched a long ways. I think you can sign up 5 people on your membership. So my sons in Southern California and Oregon had prime benefits on our membership. I discontinued it for a while and one of my sons volunteered to pay for it and added us in! I think it was his idea of a Christmas present, but whatever.
Old 10-08-15, 10:30 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatInTheHat View Post
If you're going to check out any vegetable peeling/slicing related item on amazon, make sure to check this one out, and read the reviews. Definitely read the reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Hutzler-571-Ba...+banana+slicer
..... bwahahahahah!!!!

those are some wonderful reviews
Old 10-09-15, 01:00 AM  
Vantreesta

I suppose this pricing thing shouldn't bother me as much as it does. I have a GNC Gold Card and save a lot of money as a member. I guess what ticked me off the most was that it was the low price for everyone to start with and then they changed it. Made me feel purposely excluded or smthg. Plus encourages me to buy impulsively bc I don't know if they'll take away the good price from me. Or maybe that's just how I justify my spending habits???
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-15, 11:19 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
Same here.

We just finished the final season of Justified on Prime and loved every minute of it.

I also highly recommend their original show Transparent. It just won a bunch of awards. It's really good!
Another huge Amazon Prime fan here! I love it - totally worth it.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-15, 07:45 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina View Post
Another huge Amazon Prime fan here! I love it - totally worth it.
Me too!
Old 10-10-15, 07:00 AM  
Buzzer

I am going to thank this thread for finding me jet.com!! I put the same things I have in my cart at Amazon in my cart at Jet, and with the $10 off your first order code (TENBUCKSNOW) I have saved about $15 from what I would have paid on Amazon.

They don't have everything, but they had the things I wanted! The things I don't like is they don't have reviews, some things only come in one size or the color in the description says "red" but the dropdown box to select a color only offers "pink" , but that's no big deal since I really don't care about the color.

Amazon has increasingly been losing me with their exclusive prime stuff too, and with their "you can subscribe and save!" I don't buy enough to need prime, don't take my vitamins religiously enough to need to subscribe, and I can usually wait to get $35 in my cart to save on shipping. Plus, a lot of the time I find something on Amazon and can find it cheaper elsewhere so I put it in my cart and let it sit until I know I got the best deal.

Anyhow, thanks for tuning me into jet!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 08:57 AM  
FitForever

Another Amazon Prime Fan here. Our family really gets the most out of our membership. We love watching programs, streaming music & getting our orders in 2 days or less. I'm sure there are many other features that my tech-savvy teenagers use that I do not, lol. No, it is not perfect. I hate the add-on feature and was not aware of any special pricing for Prime members. Nevertheless, I think it is a great program & I feel that it pays for itself (at least for our family) several times over throughout the year - especially during the holidays when ordering gifts. I would recommend it to anyone.
FitForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 09:20 AM  
JustSandra

My Amazon Prime renewal date was today and I've decided to let it lapse. I enjoy the 2-day shipping, but I'm on a strict budget these days and am buying fewer things overall (including workout DVDs ). If I get books they are usually e-books, or maybe used hard copies. I never watch their videos (I have Netflix). For now when I do buy from Amazon I'll put together a big enough order for free shipping.

I'm a longtime Amazon customer and I'll probably rejoin in the future when things get better, but right now I'm better off not spending the $99.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 09:22 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Jet.com dropping their membership fee, which they did only last week, has made them more of a competitor. I'm a Prime member, but Jet could be a viable alternative for those pesky add-ons at Amazon, where you can't buy it unless your order totals at least $25.

I tried comparing a box of Kotex tampons at Amazon and Jet. At Amazon it's an add-on at $6.97. At Jet, it's 6.63, but 5.99 shipping unless the order totals $35. (Also Jet's box is 36 count while Amazons is 34 for some reason.)

Then I checked Target online - it's 6.99, but if you buy 3, you get a $5 gift card. So, it pays to shop around

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 11:25 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
A prime membership can be stretched a long ways. I think you can sign up 5 people on your membership. So my sons in Southern California and Oregon had prime benefits on our membership. I discontinued it for a while and one of my sons volunteered to pay for it and added us in! I think it was his idea of a Christmas present, but whatever.
How do I add family members? I was going to do this awhile ago and couldn't figure it out. Just tried again by going on Your Amazon Prime and don't see how you add family members.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, amazon prime