Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-08-15, 12:09 PM  
cdayley

OT Help for flood victims in SC

Hi, VFers. Annette from Fit Faves is working very hard to help flood victims in her area of South Carolina. So is Emily from the Firm (now the Flex). There are many people there who have lost everything, and they are needing things as basic as hygiene items and baby stuff.
I asked Annette what kind kind of gift cards they could use, because I am too far away to help physically. If you can help, message me, and I will give you the info about the gift cards and Annette's address.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-15, 03:07 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

The Red Cross and FEMA should be in the area with baby things, water, etc. They always have loads of diapers for one thing.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-15, 06:09 PM  
cdayley

Annette posts needs from various shelters she works with on a daily basis on FB. Each day it's a different list of immediate needs.

Chrys Dayley
Old 10-08-15, 06:11 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdayley View Post
Annette posts needs from various shelters she works with on a daily basis on FB. Each day it's a different list of immediate needs.

Chrys Dayley
Can you post a link to that FB?
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-15, 07:54 PM  
cdayley

I'll try - if it doesn't work, she is under Annette Bethel on fb.

https://www.facebook.com/annette.bethel.1?fref=ts

Chrys Dayley
Old 10-08-15, 09:22 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdayley View Post
I'll try - if it doesn't work, she is under Annette Bethel on fb.

https://www.facebook.com/annette.bethel.1?fref=ts

Chrys Dayley
Hmm...I guess you have to be on facebook to see it? I'm not on face book. Would you me and posting either some of then lists, or maybe some of the agencies she is supporting?
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-15, 09:49 PM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

I live a mile from the worst of the devastation, and there have been overwhelming donations of clothing, food, and toiletries. People are working overtime around here to get people the assistance they need. It's an amazing thing to see and be a part of. Many of those hit are low income and are going to have a lot of long term needs. The Cooperative Ministries is a great place to donate because they will offer long term support and assistance. I believe also the Central Carolina Community Foundation is a good local place to donate.
Old 10-08-15, 10:05 PM  
cdayley

Thanks for posting Emily - I'm in Idaho, so I'm not familiar with the agencies there.

Here are some of Annette's lists for specific shelters - these were posted tonight, two hours ago:

Annette Bethel
2 hrs ·
Items needed at Seven Oaks Park:
Flashlights, new strollers, new car seats, first aid kits,
Industrial strength trash bags, new underwear and socks of all sizes, hand sanitizer-personal size, new pillows, non perishable food, Chapstick, combs and brushes, laundry and dish detergent, brooms, mops, buckets, rags for cleaning, wash cloths and new blankets- queen size.

Shandon Baptist is in need of supplies....
DONATIONS ARE RUNNING LOW as people are picking up what they need and we're deploying teams to deliver items. WE ARE IN NEED OF: food (specifically things like peanut butter and canned meat and individually wrapped snack food), diapers/wipes, toiletries & feminine products, cleaning supplies (paper towels, trash bags, sanitizing wipes), toilet paper, and paper products/plastic cutlery.
Old 10-08-15, 10:24 PM  
cdayley

Emily Welsh from the Firm (the Flex) posted this tonight:

From the micit page:

The Columbia Police Department is in need of food for their officers. The officers have been pulling 12 hour shifts, all day, every day. Volunteers have stopped sending food for them since the sun came out. We have officers on loan from all around, they don't know where to go, if there even is anywhere to go (many stores are still closed). They will absolutely be working the same crazy schedule through the rest of this week, probably next week also. The evening shift is in particular need. There are 112+ officers working each shift.

They do not have the ability to refrigerate anything. A few examples of some things that would be greatly appreciated: sandwiches, pizza, coffee, creamer, sugar, peanut butter, cups, bowls, silverware, napkins, snack bars, etc.

If you are interested, please send anything you can to the Columbia Police Department (or have it delivered).

Thank you so much!

Could we get things together at The FLEX tomorrow?! If you can bring anything for these amazing folks that selflessly serve every day, I'll deliver it! I'll order sandwiches too!! Let's feed our public servants!!
Old 10-09-15, 07:31 AM  
cdayley

Annette's update this morning:

URGENT COLDSTREAM SUBDIVISION OFF OLD BUSHRIVER BY SALUDA SHOALS...NEEDS CLEANING SUPPLIES,MAN POWER,WATER,TOWELS,WASH,BUCKETS,STORAGE CONTAINERS, CLOTHS,GLOVES, ETC....WHEN YOU GET OFF ‪#‎Volunteer‬ ‪#‎PayItForward‬ ...NO DONATION TOO SMALL ..LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN ‪#‎Share‬ ‪#‎SCSTRONG‬ ‪#‎RealestateWithPurpose‬