Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-12, 07:12 PM  
mizvespa

TA Method Hipcentric=flat booty syndrome? Glutecentric?

I gave omnicentric a whirl a while back and didn't like it because, in retrospect, I suppose I wanted it to be more like her mat DVD. There was a great deal of work on all fours that was killing my wrists. However, I have since received some tips on how to make the work on all fours more comfortable for my wrists, so I want to give it another "go".

This time, however, I want to either purchase hip centric or glute centric. I am a classic hour glass shape; not pear. I look very balanced and proportioned, but most of my body fat is in my inner and back thighs. According to Tracy's body calculator on her site, I am hipcentric. The problem is, though, I have read several reports of people who have had their butts flattened by doing hipcentric. I'd like my butt more rounded out and lifted. I don't want it to shrink!

Any suggestions/experiences? Thanks in advance
mizvespa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 08:39 PM  
chrisqan

I think someone asked this question before on her Community forum and TAM said that's because they are not on the right centric. If you are truly hipcentric, your butt shouldn't flatten out- if you are doing hipcentric but you are actually glute or ab or omni, then it might. Anyway, that's their explanation. I don't really know.
In my experience, TAM is not great for building back there. Your butt will probably get smaller. My butt has gotten more sculpted on the sides, lifted, and smaller. It hasn't gotten rounder or flatter, just smaller. Tracy's ideal butt is like a "tight fist" and she thinks traditional exercises give you a butt like "half a watermelon". In my opinion, "half a watermelon" is not a bad thing
Anyway, the method is good and it will tone you all over, but you might want to supplement if you want to add more roundness to your butt. I'm doing Omni and the Body Calculator and Tracy both say I'm Omni and my butt has not flattened out, but then it's quite flat to begin with and it hasn't added any roundness to it. Mainly because TA works the gluteus medius and minimus and really ignore the maximus which is what adds shape and size/bulk. I think this is true for all her centrics. Some people might experience their butt flattening out simply because of atrophy.
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 09:09 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I was on Abcentric since I'm a true apple. I quit on level 7 cause my butt disappeared, but not my abs.......

I think I may go back to it but supplement with something else, like kettlebell swings.......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 10:04 PM  
txfitmom

I did hipcentric and I do truly have really wide hips (also a big booty too) and did not have any problems with my butt flattening. I chose hipcentric because even though I did not like my butt, hips, or thighs, I felt like my hips were the worst problem. If you tend to have a smaller, flatter butt then maybe some of the centrics could flatten it out too much, not sure.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glute centric, glutecentric, hipcentric