Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-03-15, 02:34 PM  
willwolf

Question Downloads/iPad Help

I recently purchased some yoga downloads from Bad Yogi/Erin Motz & was planning to put them on my iPad Air 2 (128gb version, if it matters). When I tried, it didn't work. After some research, I found that it seems you can't just download to iPad. Workarounds were mentioned. Dropbox & other things were mentioned. I'm not very technically savvy. Is there a fairly easy way of getting these on my iPad? The download links are in an email. I have an old laptop (not Apple) that I no longer use that I could put them on, but I don't really want to. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
willwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 04:53 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Good question. I have an iPad Air 2, also. I don't know if there's a location to download video "to" on any iPad. There must be an app for that. :-)
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 06:59 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwolf View Post
I recently purchased some yoga downloads from Bad Yogi/Erin Motz & was planning to put them on my iPad Air 2 (128gb version, if it matters). When I tried, it didn't work. After some research, I found that it seems you can't just download to iPad. Workarounds were mentioned. Dropbox & other things were mentioned. I'm not very technically savvy. Is there a fairly easy way of getting these on my iPad? The download links are in an email. I have an old laptop (not Apple) that I no longer use that I could put them on, but I don't really want to. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
There are a few ways you can get them onto your Ipad. You download the MP4s to your computer. Using Itunes, you can transfer the videos to the Ipad. The Apple website should have detail instructions on how to do this. There should also be instructional videos on YouTube.

But I don't like using Itunes at all. I find it cumbersome; I only use Itunes if I have to back up my Ipad to my computer.

To get videos onto the Ipad, I like to use the VLC for IOS app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vlc-...650377962?mt=8

VLC will function as the video player and it can play other videos in addition to MP4s. With VLC, you can sign into your account with the following Cloud Services: Google Drive, Dropbox, Box or OnDrive.

I use Google Drive because I find it easier in that I can drag and drop the video into the Google Drive webpage and it uploads quickly.

Once the video is uploaded to the cloud, I go to the VLC app on my Ipad; Cloud Services section, sign into Google Drive and I should see my uploaded videos.

I choose a video to download and hit the download icon and in a couple of minutes (depending on internet speed and video size) I can see and play the video inside the app.

Tags
download, downloadable workouts, downloads, ipad, tech