Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-12-13, 07:21 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie w View Post
Sue, I think you should join Jennifer and do T&T. I don't have JNL, but believe it or not T&T worked out all the kinks I got from running the other day. I woke up pain free this morning.
Thanks for the nudge! Tabata & toning it was. This is still my least favorite - it's just hard for me. I am getting better at it & my legs & inner thighs feel fantastic after so I know it's worth it.

I'm working from home today, so if time permits I may do a little tonique or classical stretch. I could use some good stretching right now.

TGIF!!!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 08:18 AM  
furmomof6

Today is my cardio day and since it's pouring rain (boo!), I did Jessica Smith's Belly, Butt & Thighs walk. I also tacked on Tonique Mat "on the knees". I loved the combo. I may add that Tonique one in more. I think DB does a great job of on the back & on the side floor work, but I miss my donkey kicks! So, I'm eating my words about Tonique!

Sue, you didn't get a recipe book with your Vitamix? That's a bummer! I have tons of recipes that came with my Ninja. Let me know if you want any and I can probably scan them and email to you. Glad you did T&T, I think Jennifer's advice was spot on!

Jennifer, that's interesting that you didn't get any aesthetic results from JMBR. I have that set but never used it. Well, I tried one workout but couldn't deal with Jillian. I agree that I think these workouts will kick results into high gear!

I'm so thankful again to Eva for starting this check-in! I feel so accomplished that I finished my first week and made it through 3 DB workouts!

TGIF! Waves to all!

My shop www.LivingWordDecor.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 08:52 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

It was a Tabata & Toning kind of day! That's also what I did. Mindy gave me some new gliding discs that are designed for carpet and it made a huge difference!!! Wow, I think I'll be doing a lot more gliding work from now on. So happy! The inner thigh work on this one is definitely stand out!

Sue, did you buy a refurbished one? It seems like you should have gotten a recipe book, but on the other hand, there are tons of recipes available on line. What you might be missing are the "tricks" -- what I've learned over time is to make sure I have enough liquid and make sure I blend long enough. Oh, and start with slow speed for a bit and work up to higher speeds. Once I hit the highest speed, I count slowly to 30. Have fun experimenting!!

Yes, I found Teen Meta a "teeny" bit boring. I also found it a "teeny" bit easier than Meta, but the band work does add an element of difficulty/interest. I don't know -- the pace is slower than meta and that just kind of bored me.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 09:46 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Christine, I know Jessica is all the rage here but I haven't been tempted to even look at her free workouts online. Maybe I will later once I start feeling the need to mix things up. Right now I'm just trying to put to use all the DVD's I've acquired in the last 2 months so I can justify the $$$ spent.

I see T&T was the workout of the day for a majority here. I don't have gliding discs Bee because they don't work well on puzzle mats so I probably don't get the full benefit of those exercises that use them, but fortunately, they are only used for the first 10 minutes of the workout.

I make sneak downstairs and try Teen Meta tonight. I could use an easier workout today.

This weekend I have Tonique's Cardio Mat and DB's Bootcamp on my schedule. I only do about an hour of Cardio Mat. It has a lot of Tracy moves in it but because they're spaced throughout the workout I find it more fun. She gets a little carried away with bridge work though so I stop it after an hour. I think the whole workout is close to 90 min.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 11:08 AM  
SquishyMommy

I just finished T & T too! And as the discussion in the GD thread goes..."I presently suck at this." I can see why some would not find this their favorite. I didn't exactly enjoy it, but I will give try it a few more times before I make a final decision on it. Obviously I'm going to have to add in some yoga because my flexibility and balance were horrible! I think I'm going to have to adjust my rotation and add in at least a few minutes of yoga in the evenings.

Leslie, have you tried using paper plates instead of gliders on the puzzle mats? Or maybe folded up towels? I guess one of the points of using puzzle mats is to reduce slippage, but there has to be some way to do it. I'm sure our fellow vfers can probably come up with some good solutions.
Old 04-12-13, 11:20 AM  
momofcha

I love that we're all doing T&T today

Yes Bee - I did end up finding their whole foods recipe book online in it's entirety. That's a $50 value! I just made the banana bounce and my son hated it? I am not a banana fan, but I thought it was really good.

I'm excited to try more!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 03:24 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
I just finished T & T too! And as the discussion in the GD thread goes..."I presently suck at this." I can see why some would not find this their favorite. I didn't exactly enjoy it, but I will give try it a few more times before I make a final decision on it. Obviously I'm going to have to add in some yoga because my flexibility and balance were horrible! I think I'm going to have to adjust my rotation and add in at least a few minutes of yoga in the evenings.

Leslie, have you tried using paper plates instead of gliders on the puzzle mats? Or maybe folded up towels? I guess one of the points of using puzzle mats is to reduce slippage, but there has to be some way to do it. I'm sure our fellow vfers can probably come up with some good solutions.
The first time I did Tabata my balance was awful, but Tonique really helped me improve it.

Yes I've tried paper plates but I had to put a lot of effort into moving them across the mats, so they don't work that well. No biggie. I still felt it in my inner thighs.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 03:27 PM  
furmomof6

Just wanted to say that I was REALLY hungry today, and tired. Trying to just fill up on fruit/fiber & good proteins, but I want to eat everything in site.

Leslie, the first time I did T&T I was also on mats and my paper plates kept coming out from under my feet. I was so frustrated that I just modified the moves to do without them and I still got a good workout. They work much better now on my hardwood, but I'm still glad they only use them for the first 10 min.

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 04-12-13, 05:41 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Christine, I think the DB workouts are making me feel a bit hungrier, too. Make sure you're eating some fat. And for me it helps to front load my food. That is, I work out first thing in the morning, so I make sure I eat a big (huge?) breakfast, go ahead and have a snack mid-morning, a decent sized lunch, and then I taper it off from there. That is, I try to keep from ever getting that super hungry feeling going.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 06:37 AM  
furmomof6

Today is an active rest day. I'm going to take my dog for a long walk. My knees are hurting me, I wonder if it's from all the lunge/squat type stuff? I may replace one DB workout with Energy Mat, or some other floor work type workout throughout the week. We'll see.

Thanks, Bee. I did start adding in some more healthy fats like avocado, nuts, etc. I was doing okay all week, but it was like all of a sudden it caught up to me yesterday.

Have a great weekend!

Tags
dream body, dream body fusion