Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-18-18, 07:37 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Linda Wooldridge: Mix and Match series

I haven't been coming on here much the last few years but have been lurking again and randomly posting occasionally the last few months. I decided I just had to share with you guys these awesome workouts I've been enjoying by Linda Wooldridge. I know a lot of you guys enjoy her workouts, too. I've been using her stuff a lot more lately while I wait for Julia (from Fit Body by Julia on youtube) to come back from her maternity leave and start posting regularly again. Linda is really the only instructor in this style of working out that I truly enjoy and always come back to, I love her stuff for mixing things up from my usual routine.

So....THIS series she really tops herself, imho. This Mix and Match series is super challenging and different from anything else she has, imo. They really push me and I love it! At first I just bought the Lower series bundle but then I decided to get them all and now wish I had just purchased the whole series at once and saved myself some money! The 40/20 and 50/20 workouts are especially SUPER challenging. Both the lower ones had my butt and thighs sore and begging for mercy by the end. lol I did the 80/10 Abs and Upper ones, too and really enjoyed them as well. I'm starting to really love her upper body workouts, which surprised me as I didn't think they would be all that effective but they feel great and those light weights really get in there after awhile!

I haven't done all the workouts yet but for the ones I have I just had to sing it's praises. They are available as either downloads (which is what I get anymore) or as a dvd set.

https://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/w...out-downloads/

https://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/w...out-downloads/

Last edited by eyefit; 08-18-18 at 07:58 AM. Reason: formatting
eyefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-18, 11:15 AM  
Fitstick

Thank you for the review, I’ve been wondering about this one! I have a lot of Linda’s dvds but she often tortures me and so I don’t reach for her workouts as often. Her floor work in particular looks so easy and innocent, but it always kills me! I’ll think about this one!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-18, 12:11 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

fitball & stretch/flex/tone workouts on sale for 75 cents USD (99 cents AU)

Wow, I was checking out her mix & match workouts and saw that her fitball and stretch/flex/tone downloads are on sale this week.

They're down from $3.99 AUD to 99 cents AUD which is 75 cents USD!

I got one

I like Linda's workouts but my body doesn't agree with high rep workouts. So I got her FitBall total body express workout which looks perfect for me right now - supported on the ball, no other equipment, less reps.

Thanks for posting this, eyefit!
Old 08-18-18, 02:59 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
Wow, I was checking out her mix & match workouts and saw that her fitball and stretch/flex/tone downloads are on sale this week.

They're down from $3.99 AUD to 99 cents AUD which is 75 cents USD!

I got one

I like Linda's workouts but my body doesn't agree with high rep workouts. So I got her FitBall total body express workout which looks perfect for me right now - supported on the ball, no other equipment, less reps.

Thanks for posting this, eyefit!
You're welcome! Yes she often has some of her workouts on sale for 99 cents. I think she just started doing that recently. It's such a great deal, especially with the US exchange rate!
Old 08-18-18, 03:23 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
Thank you for the review, I’ve been wondering about this one! I have a lot of Linda’s dvds but she often tortures me and so I don’t reach for her workouts as often. Her floor work in particular looks so easy and innocent, but it always kills me! I’ll think about this one!

Oh yes, they do look innocent on preview, don’t they?? Lol
Old 08-20-18, 06:56 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Linda's workouts are really tough, but I really appreciate her as an instructor. She offers a lot of variety in her workouts also. I recently downloaded one of her new rebounder workouts, and a few of her Pilates workouts. This led me to recently purchase her new DVD with 4 rebounder workouts. I also bought her Barre Basics, and Intermediate sets. I was actually thinking about her new Mix & Match series. They look good too.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-18, 11:40 AM  
laurajhawk

I agree about the Mix & Match series! They are short, but deadly, which makes them good when you're short on time. They're unique (in my experience) and a lot of fun! And Linda seems like such a nice person, even when she's trying to kill you.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-18, 06:12 AM  
cttx31

Thanks for posting about this. I found several of her workouts on youtube and like them, especially for days when my knees can't handle squats.

I see this and several other of her DVD sets are also available on totalfitnessdvds. I'm still stuck on DVDs and haven't purchased any downloads yet. Each 3 DVD set (280 minutes of workouts) is only $22 - very reasonable!)

I have to do some research, to try to figure out which DVD sets I would want to buy.
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-18, 11:23 AM  
laurajhawk

I want to point out that Mary's clothing site, oriactive.com, is still offering Linda's Hula Barre Fusion free with $25 clothing purchase. Hula Barre Fusion is fun - it's not a dance DVD, it's mostly the usual Barlates style, but with some wavy arms and hip circles added in. Linda wears a lot of OriActive clothes in this and other DVDs.

https://oriactive.com/collections/ne...nda-wooldridge

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-18, 11:49 AM  
owltx

I will second Laura's recommendation on the Hula Barre Fusion. The standing abs work in this is a lot of fun, and I felt it in my abs the next day!

Tags
barlates, linda wooldridge, ori active hula barre