Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-17, 07:45 PM  
Garrie A.

Opinions on Tracie Long's Stronger Longer and Studio Series?

Tracie is the weekly special over at Mary's, and I'm wondering what y'all think of the following?

-Stronger Longer Volume 1 and 2
-Studio Series Metabolic Strength (Volumes 1 and 2)
-Studio Series Core Movements (Volumes 1 and 2)

I'm a big Tracie fan, and love her Firms, FitPrimes, Longevity, and Focus Breakthrough workouts.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 08:07 PM  
CharM

while you wait for replies, check these out.
tag results: http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...tronger+longer

breakdown by BarbK: SL2
The segments are:
Warm Up until 8:48
Overhead Snatch, Biceps, Spiderman Jump Lunge/Protraction/Retraction, Biceps until 13:24
Cardio: Single Leg Hops & Skaters: Until 18:05
Side Lunge, Triceps, Single Arm Rows: Until 22:09
Split Lunges & Bird Dog Core: Until 27:57
(this is not cardio)
Cardio: touch down Jumps & Burpees : Until 31:53
Deadlift, Goblet Squats & Lunges: Until 35:00

Windmill: Until 37:26
(this is like the Kettle Bell move but Tracie has the DB in the lower hand)
Posture: Until 41:14
Thoracic Mobility Exercise: Until 45:39
Stretch: Until 50:14

rough breakdown by BreezyTrousers SL1
* Warm-up
* Cardio with Med Ball
* Dead Lifts and Renegade Rows
* Burpees and Medicine Ball Lunges
* Squats, Triceps and Push-Ups
* Turkish Get-Ups
* Floor Press, Bridge and Core
* Thoracic Rotation
* Medicine Ball Core
* 11 Stretches
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 08:26 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Hi Garrie -

I have had the Stronger Longers for a while and recently picked up both of the Metabolic workouts from the Studio Series. I did part of Metabolic volume 1 last weekend.

Regarding the Stronger Longers, these are really good workouts, they include some great stretching segments plus posture exercises which I really need. BUT...there are lots of burpee, planky type moves which I am not a huge fan of and will need to modify. The rest of the workouts have some medicine ball cardio and lots of compound strength movements. I think these workouts are designed to go heavy but for me moderate to heavy weight is best. I can't go very heavy with compound movements.

The Metabolic ones from the Studio Series look similar to the SLs, and in some ways the Reboots (which I didn't click with), there are some kettlebell style movements, more compound weights and more medicine ball cardio. I would say there is some higher impact moves in both series but it could probably be modified to low fairly easily which I will likely do myself.

I do not have the Core Movements workouts from the Studio Series, I don't see myself picking those up. For me her Longevity series is the best fit (Leaning Out/Staying Power). I am sort of on the fence with these (SL/Studio Series), I need to give them a fair shake, but lots of modifications are likely in order for me with these. They do look like solid workouts though. I am tempted to just do a Tracie month and see what it does for me.

Hope that helps.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 08:29 PM  
Tugger31

I don't have the Studio Series workouts, but I really like both Stronger Longer workouts. They are solid workouts and I really like some of the stretching she incorporates along the way.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-18, 08:18 AM  
buffmama

reviving old thread

I did Stronger Longer workout 1 today and wanted to post a mini review since I didn't see a lot posted about it. It's a total body workout focusing on large muscle compound moves with small muscles worked as a quick recovery. It alternates cardio and weights and moves at a controlled pace with breaks between the exercises. Tracie's heavy weights are 15 lbs, she didn't say what her light ones were and she uses a 5 lb medicine ball (she loves her med ball cardio!). This is well cued and easy to follow. Lots of mobility work throughout starting in a nice long warm up all the way to the cool down. She didn't skimp on core work here and I couldn't find much if anything that was missing. Varied counts make it hard to go much heavier than Tracie but it gets the work done.
Old 12-09-18, 05:45 PM  
ncl

I love them all! The Studio Series are some of my favorite workouts these days. I think Tracie's workouts just get better and better. I also like the Stronger Longers but I have done these less (no reason, was just into something else when they showed up on my doorstep).

The Metabolic Strengths are great, each disk has one that is more weights and one that is more cardio (except there may be a difference with 5 and 6, but I can't remember! Also, more cardio does not mean there is no strength work as is typical of Tracie).

Each of the core discs has a core workout and then a mobility workout (again 5 and 6 may be a little different).

What I like about the studio series is that often with workouts I to tack on work to target specific trouble areas or areas that are overlooked and will get out of balance with other workouts. Not so with these so much. If you do Metabolic strength 1 and 2 together (or 3 and 4 etc), it is a nice little challenge.

The mobility workouts have some great stretches. The only DVD workouts where I bother to do the stretching at the end are Tracie's. I usually just do my own stretches, but as is typical of Tracie she has unique moves and stretches I have never done before so it keeps everything fresh and no so much of the same old same old. I love this about her. Also really like that she combines a workout with therapeutic movement and balance and though that is typical in other workouts, I feel like it is even moreso with these.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 08:04 AM  
buffmama

I did Stronger Longer 2 today. It had a very similar feel to vol 1. You're not doing anything for very long and it's very easy to follow. If you have one do you need the other? Probably not, just pick the one with your favorite moves. If I needed to get some of everything in - strength, cardio, and stretch - without adding anything on and wanted something easy to follow, this would be a good choice. Plyo moves are slow and controlled, weight work varies the count so I couldn't go much heavier than Tracie. The mobility at the end (posture, thoracic mobility and stretch) can easily be left for later in the day if time is short since Tracie stretches after each segment. These are chaptered (as are the Longevity, Focus and Reboot series).

Tags
longevity, stronger longer, tracie long