Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-16-16, 09:50 AM  
TinaT

Those Who Gave A Piyo Review

I know this system/set has been controversial with pros and cons. I found the thread where the majority of the reviews were written, but didn't make it through all the pages.

What I observed was many of you at first gave positive/rave reviews, but have since changed your stance on Piyo. For one reason or another you didn't keep it, nor recommend it.

Is anyone who gave a good/positive review still standing by what you said? Still using it? You have noticeable results?

I just acquired this for my daughter (23 years old) and want to make she gives it here best. All I've read as of late, is negative stuff, so some positive would be wonderful.

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-16, 10:42 AM  
Vee

I've fallen off the wagon Tina. Not exercising regularly.

But I still stand by my positive review. Totally worth acquiring. I found it a lot of fun and very doable for the workout lengths. I also thought I got bang for my buck on results for time spent.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-16, 10:44 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'm chuckling at this post. It's sort of like "please post your positive reviews only about PiYo".

I think a younger person without injuries or health concerns would be fine with PiYo. It has a lot of twisty moves, and the workouts do get progressively harder with more impact. This is why I passed my set on.

I was hoping for something different with this set...more along the lines of a fusion type workout like Ellen or Les Mills Body Balance.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-16, 10:50 AM  
TinaT

Actually Jackie I made this thread because everyone was so positive, including yourself, at the beginning of the Piyo review thread. I've read your reasons and agree for someone like me, it's probably not good.

My daughter was begging for it, so I found a good deal on it for her. I was hoping to hear from those who have stood by their initial feelings on this set. Those who have changed their minds, have made it pretty clear why they changed.

I'm not begging for good/positive reviews, just seems like so much negative. I'm sure some still find value in it.
Old 03-16-16, 10:54 AM  
TinaT

Vee, my daughter is doing quite a bit of Tracey Mallett Booty Barre, CS, a little Les Mills Combat now and then. So, I think she will find this something to add into her routine. I'm sure she won't do it exclusively.
Old 03-16-16, 11:35 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I'm chuckling at this post. It's sort of like "please post your positive reviews only about PiYo".

I think a younger person without injuries or health concerns would be fine with PiYo. It has a lot of twisty moves, and the workouts do get progressively harder with more impact. This is who I passed my set on to.

I was hoping for something different with this set...more along the lines of a fusion type workout like Ellen or Les Mills Body Balance.
I thought the same thing, Jackie.

I hate it. My daughter (18) likes it. If your daughter likes it and it gets her exercising then that is a good thing, regardless of what others think.
Old 03-16-16, 12:04 PM  
TinaT

Cheri, I think my daughter is more curious than anything. Both my daughters have done Turbo Jam and have gotten good results. So she is familiar and comfortable with Chalene Johnson's personality. This "new" method comes across edgy which is what appeals to the younger generations.

Since I've never used this or plan to, I was looking for good constructive help to get her off on the right foot. She is a distance runner and is finding the value in adding other forms of exercise to fully round out her health.
Old 03-16-16, 12:13 PM  
mle777

My one suggestion is to tell her to watch the workouts before trying them. Chalene's cueing is horrible, which was my biggest complaint about the set.

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-16, 12:14 PM  
cherimac

My daughter is a normal, healthy 18 year old. She loves yoga but not the woo-woo type. She's also very athletic so Piyo is a good fit. Since your daughter is already familiar with exercise, she should be fine.
Old 03-16-16, 12:15 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
My one suggestion is to tell her to watch the workouts before trying them. Chalene's cueing is horrible, which was my biggest complaint about the set.
My daughter did say this to me, too.

Tags
chalene johnson, piyo