Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-26-16, 09:18 PM  
toomuchjoy

21 Day Fix -- a question about scheduling

So I bought this a few months ago and finally getting to it. I really like it. Short and to the point, I can modify as needed and I like Autumn.

The schedule is a 7 day schedule. I can't do 7 days...more like 4-5 days. Should I continue to go in order even though I'm missing days* or can I skip workouts that I'm not excited about? Pilates and yoga I'm looking at you. Also can I double up if I have 60 minutes one day (eg: Upper and Lower Fix)? And how often should I do the 10 min abs?

Thoughts? Thanks wise ones!!

*What I mean is: Day 1 - TBCF; Day 2 - Upper; Day 3- skip; Day 4 - Lower (generally Day 3 workout)
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-16, 10:13 PM  
alydinva

I also work out 5 days/week. I do all of the workouts in a rotation and just take my rest days as usual.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-16, 08:24 AM  
jenn38

I think the beauty of shorter workouts is you can double up or not. And I think the main focus of 7 days a week with the 21Fix is to create a habit. And I think they say it takes 3 weeks to form a habit. Create the rotation to work for you with your schedule.
Old 02-27-16, 10:09 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

If I were you (and I believe this is sort of what I did), I'd try them at first -- do the rotation in order even though your week is "off". You may be surprised to enjoy one or both of them. I seem to recall enjoying the pilates one way more than I expected to. If you don't like them, then skip them -- it's your rotation. Enjoy!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-16, 10:31 AM  
toomuchjoy

Thanks all!

Bee, you're right, I should try them before I say I don't like them.
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-16, 08:59 PM  
Nancy511

Smile

I followed the rotation even though I took rest days. Eventually, I found I didn't like the pilates workout or the yoga so I just skipped over them. I plan on doing another round of 21 day fix and will substitute PIYO for the pilates and yoga days, and will take my rest days as needed.
Nancy511 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21 day fix, autumn calabrese