Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-20-15, 09:52 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm watching now. Not sure if I'll watch after this episode or not.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 10:29 PM  
Vantreesta

Okay, yeah, I'm sticking with it and now want the OmniBalls.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 11:34 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I watched it, but doubt I'll be watching it again. There are things that gyms will buy in quantity, and things that people will buy for home use. I can't imagine a gym spending $1195 each to buy several of those core things. A wealthy individual might buy one for the home, maybe.
Old 10-21-15, 06:22 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I woke up in the middle of the night & watched part of the show. Those core balls & the other core thing look like they'd reek havoc on my right shoulder, which I injured years ago. I liked that Jillian didn't approve of the core sticks that had a cost of $1195. That was really ridiculous. I don't think I'd go out of my way to watch this, but I do appreciate Jillian's thinking that fitness should be affordable (if that's how she usually acts, I really don't know.)

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 07:00 AM  
Rhonda

I have it recorded and plan on watching later. From what it sounds like, not keeping interest of many here.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 08:31 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I forgot to record it. It airs again on Saturday....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 09:33 AM  
mtnmom

You can stream it on Spike: http://www.spike.com/full-episodes/3...orkouts-ep-109
Old 10-21-15, 09:33 AM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
I woke up in the middle of the night & watched part of the show. Those core balls & the other core thing look like they'd reek havoc on my right shoulder, which I injured years ago. I liked that Jillian didn't approve of the core sticks that had a cost of $1195. That was really ridiculous. I don't think I'd go out of my way to watch this, but I do appreciate Jillian's thinking that fitness should be affordable (if that's how she usually acts, I really don't know.)
I think what also set her off about the core sticks was when he said "the men should grab this color and the women should grab this color." You could see the expression completely change on her face. If he would have been smart he would have said "advanced grab this color and intermediate grab this color."

I only got to watch the first 20 minutes of it while getting ready this morning and I'm excited to watch the rest of it tonight

ETA - From what I did watch, I really enjoyed it! It sounds like I might be only one of a few that did though.

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 09:49 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post

ETA - From what I did watch, I really enjoyed it! It sounds like I might be only one of a few that did though.
I liked it, too, mainly because it was low-key, no fighting or sobbing, and Jillian was less annoying than usual. It's almost like a fitness-focused Shark Tank. I especially like hearing hints on how to grow a fitness business.

But I thought those core balls looked like shoulder killers, too. And I wish the testers were more age and size diverse. A fitness gimmick isn't going to take off unless it can be scaled to older and larger people.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 10:35 AM  
punkrockmom
VF Supporter

I dvred it. Watching it right now. It's not what I expected. At first I thought it's just Shark Tank with workout equipment. I really liked when they brought out a male & female for each of them to work with to test their product on. I like it. I'll definitely watch the next one.

Does anyone know anything about their sponsor Retro Fitness? One of them popped up by my house & I've never heard of it before. (ETA) The name made me think it has some kind of retro niche like old school cardio classes to 80s music but the web site just makes it look like a chain gym with a retro looking design.
punkrockmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jillian michaels, sweat inc